Options

Workday Time Killer - What Do You Do For A Living?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    Repair and maintain electronics systems at a correctional facility.
    I missed this.  You do the mechanicals or the security systems? @JeBurkhardt I used to build prisons and wondering if I built the one you work in, lol!
    Wabash Valley in Indiana. We do security (door and gate controls, perimeter security systems, cameras) safety (fire alarms) and communications (intercoms, telephone systems and LAN network connections). We even do the in facility cable TV system. 
    My company may have done it but it was before i was hired.  97 I was building one in Cali.  That was most likely done earlier.

Very cool.  I used to deal w the mechanical subs when we made the precast cells.  We used to joke about the cable in the cells.  Some of the workers would complain that they didn't have cable but the inmates do lol!!!
    Yeah, we were built a few years before that. All they had to do was commit a crime and they could have free cable too! 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    College Professor - Anthropology
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    GlowGirl said:

:o would not have thought that to be honest.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

:o would not have thought that to be honest.
    Yup. I have my Ph.D. in anthropology, and everything :)

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm a university administrator. I like it... it's nice to spend my days in an atmosphere of learning and open-mindedness and equity and eccentricity and youth and all that good stuff. I made a good choice when I settled on my career.
    Excellent!
    I've worked at three different colleges ( two in bookstores, one as a program assistant), and have take classes at 3 colleges and 3 universities- I was a higher education junkie for many years.  For me, there has been no finer a work environment!  (And I do sometimes miss it!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    GlowGirl said:
    This makes sense from the discussion a few weeks ago about relationships and non-verbal behavior
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    This makes sense from the discussion a few weeks ago about relationships and non-verbal behavior
    😁