Options

Converted Wife to PJ Fan

Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
My wife got me Tix's for my birthday to Mansfield 1 for me 1 for her. Wasn't really sure how she would like it since she was a casual PJ fan i.e. Betterman, Jeremy, daughter etc. Not as OCD about the band as I am. We went to the show and now she is much more interested in the band and thier music. Lost Dogs is one of her current favs. She was even impressed with Mike and she is usually someone who is not a fan of electric guitar, now she even likes the hard core songs. Had a blast at the concert and the rest will hopefully be history. She was a little ticked at Eddie's political rants ( we were probably the only Republicans at the show) and his negativity towards the Marines, but I expalined to her that is part of his deal and I don't let political disagreements cloud a great show and great band. Next up hopefully the Solo show. Now I need to work on my 9 year old and get her off the Hanna Montana crap.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 232
    Congrats on the conversion. I was hoping my wife would get the bug after seeing them at DC VFC show in 2004 but it didn't happen. I even had the opposite advantage on the political spectrum - she is much more of a lefty than me it and was an arena full of them - but she left thinking they were ok but nothing special. I've been contemplating trying to get her to go to a regular show - at the VFC show they only played for half an hour and the only songs of theirs they did were Save You, Grievance, and Bushleaguer - but have thus far thought it is better to invite friends who are big fans and will love it instead of the wife who may not enjoy it too much.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    My wife (then girlfriend) humored me by seeing PJ with me in 1993. She wasn't overly impressed. She was impressed by the 2006 tour (even tho she couldn't see!). Conversion complete! :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    one day you may regret having accomplished this task. :p

Case in point: husband huge PJ fan, wife so-so fan; wife reluctantly attends a live show, has an epiphany and finally "gets it"; husband is thrilled and brags to all his friends; not two days later husband realizes wife has become obsessed; wife speaks only of Ed and PJ, spends much of her free time watching you tube videos of the show she attended and the rest of her free time in PJ Message Pit where she is already ranked "Given to Fly" to your "Dissident". Post-tour depression sets in and wife has a hard time functioning. Wife is bitchy and crying at the drop of a hat. Husband cannot comfort her. Wife learns EV is doing an East Coast solo tour and perks right up. Husband seriously considers divorce. Husband begins to despise Ed and the band. Need I say more?
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 232
    one day you may regret having accomplished this task. :p

Good luck with that!
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    Inhiding230Inhiding230 Posts: 362
    My husband was also a very casual PJ fan before Bonnaroo this year :P I've noticed he has been listening to a huge amount of live PJ since that weekend :D He had never seen them live before and was totally blown away by them.