Options

Porch - Bonaroo

PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I never really liked the slow intro to porch for some reason....something didn't seem right or it seemed "off" going into normal mode. Then I heard the version on Bonaroo boot and it was "fixed" what I thought didn't sound right. Cutting out the guitar on the last "would you hit me?" makes it completely better and also gives it more punch when the band joins in.
If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    After Porch at Broo, we were all jumping up and down and screaming "HOLY PORCH!!!" Cause it really was unbelievable.....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I must have repeated the first minute of it 6 times on my way home. Perfect
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    hiding103006hiding103006 Posts: 452
    i was listening to this at work today and i absolutely LOVE this version of porch. i was saying to myself how much i liked this version

ps- if you guys like the intro like this - it's played this way at camden 1 as well :)
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    Bonnaroooooooo!
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    piomba wrote:
    Bonnaroooooooo!

yes!!

i listened to the boot in my car for a couple of days. sounded great.

now the boot is getting my ultimate test. it's being played on my home stereo. i have a medium priced, audiophile stereo system and the sound is awesome! (even when ed forgets the first verse to rvm :D)

kudos to Kufala and Pearl Jam!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    OK, this is just bringing back such good memories....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    A solid 10 minutes, that sure ain't bad. Matt's drumming is just awesome. First time I listened to the boot it struck me as perfect. :)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    I never really liked the slow intro to porch for some reason....something didn't seem right or it seemed "off" going into normal mode. Then I heard the version on Bonaroo boot and it was "fixed" what I thought didn't sound right. Cutting out the guitar on the last "would you hit me?" makes it completely better and also gives it more punch when the band joins in.

i know what you're saying. it never seemed to blend into the song right. the timing was off. it sounds great now though.

too bad Eddie had to go off on a long winded speech MIDSONG! WTF. took me out of it a little. i'm gonna edit the speech out one day and it might just be the best Porch ever.

good show.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Columbia was similar.