Options

I knew something was wrong

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Jeez.
    Is there a dark cloud parked over your house?
    My 25 year old furnace killed itself last night.
    Woke up at 3am with icicles forming on my nose.
    Not spending for repair.
    Getting new installation this afternoon. 

I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Poncier said:
    Jeez.
    Is there a dark cloud parked over your house?
    My 25 year old furnace killed itself last night.
    Woke up at 3am with icicles forming on my nose.
    Not spending for repair.
    Getting new installation this afternoon. 

I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE
    Man you guys are having a rough go of it lately.
    Dole whips in the house of mouse can't come soon enough.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Bought the house 12 years ago. Had the furnace and AC inspected. 
    Guy said, they are both dinosaurs, which means they may last forever, or can kill themselves any day. hahaha
    So I guess i am happy we got 12 years out of the furnace. 

And what a FUCKING RACKET that industry is! Holy fuck!!!
    I was able to talk the guy down $4800 from original quote, and who knows I still may have gotten ripped off! hahahahaha
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Guy said, they are both dinosaurs, which means they may last forever, or can kill themselves any day. hahaha

I was able to talk the guy down $4800 from original quote, and who knows I still may have gotten ripped off! hahahahaha
    Damn sorry to hear I went through same crap 8 years ago furnace died in the middle of winter I had my electrician & his father in law install a new one with a water heater they charged me 6k total but I had no choice! Ughh hope things start heading upwards for you guys 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    edited February 29
    I know what my neighbor paid, just last year, for a new furnace and AC. I know damned well he was on the VERY HIGH END. I felt bad for him, but he was happy, and who the fuck am I to tell him "You should have shopped around, I think you got ripped off". If someone said that to me, they may get punched in the mouth.(not really, but it would piss me off). Plus I am sure everyone here "knows a guy", so I called my guy this morning and got whatever information I could get from him as far as cost. Once the negotiation was done, I was content. Plus the installers are here now putting it in. 

I am somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to gizmos, gadgets, appliances, etc. And I was bummed when I couldn't get it to run. I could get it to ignite, start throwing flames, but then after 30 seconds the sensor would shut everything down. Sure as shit the control panel was shot, and the blower motor. I knew I was fucked. 

And in reality the cost for the furnace is 100x cheaper than my 2 heart surgery bills. 

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options

Damn sorry to hear I went through same crap 8 years ago furnace died in the middle of winter I had my electrician & his father in law install a new one with a water heater they charged me 6k total but I had no choice! Ughh hope things start heading upwards for you guys 
    Thats just it, it's one of those things where of course, WE HAVE NO FUCKING CHOICE! UGH!!!!
    A friend of mine is sending me a number to call "his guy". He was sure his guy could give me a better price. 
    I really don't have time to shop around and get quotes. Its fucking 59 degrees in my fucking house, I'm recovering from heart surgery, and my wife has 3 fractures in her arm. I need someone here right fucking now! hahaha

• Options
    My neighbor on the other side of my house? 
    His furnace is over 50 fucking years old! Still running. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    My neighbor on the other side of my house? 
    His furnace is over 50 fucking years old! Still running. 

dont make em like they used to and I bet he does the recommended maintenance.  changing filters, cleaning the chamber etc....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    oh, the wifes house built in 84. original furnace shit the bed back in 13? $500 installed. her exhusband worked for a contractor. they had a unit in storage. somebody ordered the wrong unit for a job at one point. too small for the build. just perfect for us.

HE paid for it and we paid him back. Installed for free to boot.... 

now the AC last year on the other hand...... $6k
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    Update

My wife started therapy this week on her arm. She has 3 fractures, and a couple torn tendons, and yet the experts keep saying "no surgery". She seems to be in the exact same amount of pain as she was 2 months ago. Its as if there has been no healing whatsoever. 

Myself

My hand is the exact same as it has been for a year. In 2 weeks I get to go take my 3rd EMG test, where they electrocute me and shove needles into my nerves.  I FUCKING HATE THAT TEST!!!!!

Send lawyers, guns, and money.
    The shit has hit the fan. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Update

My wife started therapy this week on her arm. She has 3 fractures, and a couple torn tendons, and yet the experts keep saying "no surgery". She seems to be in the exact same amount of pain as she was 2 months ago. Its as if there has been no healing whatsoever. 

Myself

My hand is the exact same as it has been for a year. In 2 weeks I get to go take my 3rd EMG test, where they electrocute me and shove needles into my nerves.  I FUCKING HATE THAT TEST!!!!!

Send lawyers, guns, and money.
    The shit has hit the fan. 
    Oh man that sucks I hope things will get better soon for you both! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....