Options

west palm vs. tampa

dfreshingtondfreshington Posts: 8
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
i live about 2 and a half hours away from each venue and i'm having a hard time deciding which one to go to. can anybody give me some advice about a stadium as opposed to an ampitheatre; i.e sound, visibility, etc. thank you very much.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Tampa... Personally, I like the venue better at WP... But Concerts in South Florida suck. My brother has seen a few shows in Tampa and he says the energy is so much better there. He said, and he lives in Miami, that he will always travel the extra 4 hours up to Tampa because shows are soo much better.

But I say screw the either/or...go to both ;)
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    I've seen them at both venues and I couldn't really pick one over the other. I really like the ampitheater atmosphere but I've seen some amazing shows at the Times Forum.

Take your pic. It's Pearl Jam :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    okay. i got fucked on my tampa tickets not knowing that my membership to the ten club had expired so my ten club tix were out of the question.

i found tampa tickets on about 10 websites and the cheapest prices were $148 for nosebleeds.

is this correct? i didn't pay these prices cause they are absolutely ridiculous...and it's pearl jam, it seems obsurd for them to price their tix like that.

anyways...i'm almost positive Tampa tix haven't gone on sale through the public right?...i can't find anything on ticketmaster.

does anyone have any idea how much they'll be going for through ticketmaster....AND...will they be decent seats?

Last time i saw PJ in Denver the tix were about $65...but then again...it was technically a Tom Petty concert.

can anybody please help my stressed out self?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Picking between the two, WPB definitely. I've seen them both places and WPB sounds better (for Pearl Jam) and has better atmosphere. Just my 2 cents...
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    dcfaithful wrote:
    okay. i got fucked on my tampa tickets not knowing that my membership to the ten club had expired so my ten club tix were out of the question.

i found tampa tickets on about 10 websites and the cheapest prices were $148 for nosebleeds.

is this correct? i didn't pay these prices cause they are absolutely ridiculous...and it's pearl jam, it seems obsurd for them to price their tix like that.

anyways...i'm almost positive Tampa tix haven't gone on sale through the public right?...i can't find anything on ticketmaster.

does anyone have any idea how much they'll be going for through ticketmaster....AND...will they be decent seats?

Last time i saw PJ in Denver the tix were about $65...but then again...it was technically a Tom Petty concert.

can anybody please help my stressed out self?

Public on-sales probably won't happen until AT LEAST Saturday, April 5. Ticketmaster shows WPB on-sale that day.

I don't think the per ticket price will exceed half the cost of a pair of Ten Club tickets. Thus, you shouldn't pay more than $72 for one ticket to Tampa or $74 for WPB.

Hope that helps you out.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    j13chadj13chad Posts: 29
    Tampa Is A much better show for the fact it sounds better
    the humidity will kill in west palm for the june show, plus
    I live In lakeland about 45mins to tampa, Ive seen shows at both not just pearl jam always have a better time in tampa
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Public on-sales probably won't happen until AT LEAST Saturday, April 5. Ticketmaster shows WPB on-sale that day.

I don't think the per ticket price will exceed half the cost of a pair of Ten Club tickets. Thus, you shouldn't pay more than $72 for one ticket to Tampa or $74 for WPB.

Hope that helps you out.

That helps out a ton...because of WPB, and the date of April 5th...I've decided to be patient and just wait and see what happens....if not...I'm still going to Florida, it'll jsut really suck not being able to go see my favorite fucking band.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2