Options

9.4.2000 - Merriweather Poster

MylarBonoMylarBono Posts: 4
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I apologize if this has been covered in the past, but as I was hanging my recent acquisitions from this tour, I can't help but notice the empty space where I should have a poster from the 9/4/2000 show at Merriweather Post in Columbia, Maryland, yet the space remains empty and I can find no record of such a poster existing. None of the online resources I know of have a poster for that specific show. Was one not printed or...? Thanks for any information.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    i can't find one either. This was my first PJ show. I remember sonic youth not playing b/c of family emergency. What an awesome show!!

If anyone has one of these posters i'd be glad to buy it off you.

Thanks!
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Options
    It was quite the show. Perhaps, setlist wise, one of the best general sets out of all the shows I've been to, but not best overall. Still was a unique and great show. I've wondered many times about the poster, but always forgot to ask. I, of course, would also love to obtain one, if such a thing even exists.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    pretty sure this was one of the shows with no poster.

sadly, my first show, Saratoga 2000 is posterless as well :(
  • Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    Funny enough, it was my 1st show also, and after many years of wondering if I missed the poster (we were there when the gates opened, but who knew what was going on at the time) after the Ames book it doesn't seem like there was one for that night
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea why? There was one for the night before and I think the night after...why did Merriweather get shut out?
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    Poster Wizard for the East Coast, there was no Poster for Columbia 9/4/00 . I was there and asked every merchandise table to see if they were selling posters. Also I'm literally 2 to 3 miles from the venue.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.