Options

Grungy Fans Interrupt Eddie Vedder's Evenflow (Boston Herald article)

TaftTaft Posts: 453
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view/2008_08_02_Grungy_fans_interrupt_solo_Eddie_Vedder_s_even_flow

The review bashes the drunks. Also, read the comment someone left at the end of the article bashing Ed. Lame.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    Ok, you assholes got your names in the paper, can you stop yelling tonight please!
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    this is the main reason why i didnt try to get tix to these shows.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    this is the main reason why i didnt try to get tix to these shows.

Well aren't you the smart one.

I was up in the Mezzanine & all was well. I heard 4 or 5 shout outs for Immortality, but other than that the crowd was pretty well behaved. I thought the show was positively magnificent.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    pretty bad review, the person didn't pay attention much. Not sure how you can not talk about Ed being sick, yet pushing right through it, and what about the sing a longs? The drunks may have been present, it is Boston, but the fan energy was pretty good, and we were rewarded by Ed with extra songs like Wishlist, the adlib creation about the east coast, and Small Town. Maybe you need to be a diehard fan to figure that last part out, but not much of a picture of the show as painted in the article. Some more meat was needed.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    "Unfortunately, an alcohol-fueled audience made that goal exceedingly difficult at times."

This reviewer makes it sound like there were riots in the orchestra. Hardly the case. Sure there were the usual attention seekers shouting out song requests, Eddie chants, and....my favorite....Kanye sucks :rolleyes:.

But it's unfair and unfortunate that it makes the whole crowd look bad. There was a lot of great energy there. Ed seemed especially amused at the reception Wishlist got...smiling and laughing as the crowd clapped.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    Well aren't you the smart one.

well arent you the douchey one.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    long red wrote:
    well arent you the douchey one.

douchey?!?!? hahahha nice new word.....

its such a shame these solo shows get marred with these douchey assholes that think they are there to rock out....hopefully this article will settle the crowd down for the next one
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    I realize it wasn't an EV show, but none of this tops the f*&king asshole next to me at Cleveland on 5/20/2006 yelling (in between and DURING EVERY SONG)....

"JEREMY!!! PLAY IT ASSHOLES!!! JEREMY SPOKE IN!!!!! JEREMY!!!!!!!!".

I left my seat and roamed the arena from the 6th song in. They never played Jeremy and I was so happy.

P.S. If you were that asshole... stay home next time. Thanks.
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Im almost tempted to bring a sign reading "play what you want, fuck the loud drunks"

but then again, that may put me in the same category of those loud drunks.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09