Options

What's the best way to organize and keep my 05/06 bootlegs?

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I want to print the artwork out, and make them look like real, physical bootlegs. I'm sure many of you have done this, so I was just wondering what the best way to go about it is.

What type of paper is the best to use when printing the artwork out?

Do I need double disk jewel cases to hold the bootlegs?

What's the best method to print out the artwork?

Stuff like this. Just looking for some friendly help. :)

Thanks in advance!
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Murderers wrote:
    I want to print the artwork out, and make them look like real, physical bootlegs. I'm sure many of you have done this, so I was just wondering what the best way to go about it is.

What type of paper is the best to use when printing the artwork out?

Do I need double disk jewel cases to hold the bootlegs?

What's the best method to print out the artwork?

Stuff like this. Just looking for some friendly help. :)

Thanks in advance!

I have a lightscribe burner...

While it's a little more expensive for the discs, and the labels are all one color, i like the look of them, and i can add the setlist to the disc.

That's just what i went with, then i buy a CD folder, just large enough for the tour, and keep them all in that.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i used cardstock to print on. there was something funky i had to do before printing - i think select "fit to page" or something like that before you print the covers? didn't do anything for the actual discs...and yes, i used double disc jewel cases.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    I have no use for artwork. I don’t keep the cases for any CDs. I went to best buy and bought a couple cases of 250 CD holders. Ive moved so many times that lugging CDs cases…..most of them empty. Was beginning to become a hassle. Now that I have them in a soft case I love it because I can leaf through the case

As for the bootleg I just use a blank CD, a silver and black sharpie. First I write everything in silver, then go over it in black.

Simple but that’s the way I want it. Too many shows and not enough time to produce the artwork
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    nfanel wrote:
    i used cardstock to print on. there was something funky i had to do before printing - i think select "fit to page" or something like that before you print the covers? didn't do anything for the actual discs...and yes, i used double disc jewel cases.
    Alright cool. Using cardstock sounds like a good option. What was the quality like?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    I tie mine to balloons a float them around the room.
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1