Options

I gave up an Ed pick to a fellow Jammer Tuesday night...

WexlerWexler Posts: 12
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
4th row, Mike side, MSG 1...tons of Mike picks all over the place...I already had one from a couple tours back...(it's green and just says "Mike" on it, this tour they are yellow with his last name and a dog)...but what I always wanted was an Ed pick.

The guy in front of me seemed like a really good guy, very into the show, taking pictures and passing around Mike picks that he ended up with (most likely cause he already had one) to people around us...just a very nice, unselfish gesture...I was feeling the love of the senior members of the Ten C.

So, then, Ed threw his pick in our direction. No one could find it...and then I saw it at my man's feet in front of me...I could hardly make it out...I could have easily grabbed it...but, for some reason I tapped him on his shoulder...pointed down and said "Ed's pick"...he reached for it...and came up with the biggest smile ever.

It was awesome. Dude hugged me...thanked me a million times...it was one of the best PJ moments in my 17 years and countless shows (I honestly don't remember if it's 18, 19 or 20 shows I've been to) of following the band...and I didn't need LBC to make me feel the love.

No regrets...just one of many incredibly memorable PJ moments.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Awesome man. It's fans like you that make PJ. :)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    Awesome man. It's fans like you that make PJ. :)

Fans like US my man...fans like us.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Wexler wrote:
    4th row, Mike side, MSG 1...tons of Mike picks all over the place...I already had one from a couple tours back...(it's green and just says "Mike" on it, this tour they are yellow with his last name and a dog)...but what I always wanted was an Ed pick.

The guy in front of me seemed like a really good guy, very into the show, taking pictures and passing around Mike picks that he ended up with (most likely cause he already had one) to people around us...just a very nice, unselfish gesture...I was feeling the love of the senior members of the Ten C.

So, then, Ed threw his pick in our direction. No one could find it...and then I saw it at my man's feet in front of me...I could hardly make it out...I could have easily grabbed it...but, for some reason I tapped him on his shoulder...pointed down and said "Ed's pick"...he reached for it...and came up with the biggest smile ever.

It was awesome. Dude hugged me...thanked me a million times...it was one of the best PJ moments in my 17 years and countless shows (I honestly don't remember if it's 18, 19 or 20 shows I've been to) of following the band...and I didn't need LBC to make me feel the love.

No regrets...just one of many incredibly memorable PJ moments.

Good for you! That's awesome!!!!

I love stories like this...... :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    dEvMcguiredEvMcguire Posts: 10
    very cool thing of you to do. very cool.

at Mansfield 3 7/11/03, my bro and I were right in front of Mike. After YL, he tossed a boatload of picks out, I got one and handed it to my brother, who turned around and handed it to a little teenage girl who's first show it was.

keep up the love of the Jamily.
    "Made it to the ocean, smoked a joint in a tree...,"

9/15/98, 9/16/98, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/28/08
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    My buddy gave a Mike pic to this dude standing next to him at the Vic. The guy just shrugged and stuck it in his pocket. Didn't even say thanks. His girlfriend must have gave him her extra ticket.

After the show, we were having a few beers with some people that were next to us in line earlier and he gave his last pick to them. Needless to say, they were overjoyed. It felt good to spread the wealth.
  • Options
    I just watched this...made me think about this conversation...

Anyone a TED fan? Awesome stuff...

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    that is good stuff
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!