Options

2023 Tour Thoughts

I was at Chicago's shows and listened to Fort Worth (Sorry St. Paul, I'll get to you) and the one thing that has really floored me about these shows is the love the band is showing towards the fan base. The stories, the requests, the pictures....that poem by the Dallas poet was just unreal! I didn't live the life that man lived, but that's how I lived Pearl Jam! When I was alone, and I've been feeling it a lot these past two years and like when I was a kid these shows and their music (music in general) has got me through more than I need to share cause if you get it, you get it. There's also the love the band is showing for each other. Such a fun run. I saw them at St. Louis in 22 and that was a tight amazing show. And before that I was at a ton of those epic ragers but this run was special. I don't ever expect a band to treat me like family, I'm there for the music and the experience but to feel cared for when I'm in their hands? That's special. And a gift. I've never seen a band do that, I've never seen this band do it in this manner. This was the most fan oriented experience I've had at a Pearl Jam show in my  25 years of seeing them live. Thoughts? Additions? 
98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,179
    I think when you get older you get more perspective about longevity/health… especially during covid, world craziness we are all living thru currently….. you can’t help to think it’s not gonna go on forever I’m even if the Stones make it seam that way. They’ve all had covid, hear stories from the fans/community of sickness and unfortunate passings thru the years… can’t help to try & live on the moment more…. When you’re in your 20’s…. Nothing could take ya down, feel invincible. 

I was at the (4) Texas shows  and I had a beautiful time, just also thinking about fragility of life. I had to have neck surgery month prior to traveling… wasn’t in question too much if I’d make it ( nothing crazy serious) but it was something. I’ve seen them 80 plus times and the reason I keep going is because I never take it for granted and still get that feeling of when I first got vs on cassette at 12 years old and dreamed to see them but was lil too young

it all ends one day… but if you keep the spirit/essence of it all, you will always bevwinning

looking forward to new record/tour
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,892
    That's it! I couldn't agree more. I think so much of this community grew up with this band, grew into this band, and learned about life with listening to this band. How many people can claim that about a band and still have it with them? It's symbiotic relationship where we all kind of understand one another in our circuitous ways. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    Great posts above. Perspective.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    So much to agree with here, love it!
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    It was the best last minute decision I ever made. First of all I had never seen PJ or any band from behind the stage & that was the main reason it i went to both shows at St Paul & Chicago, plus there were still tickets available which was a bit of a surprise. Met so many great people whom I plan to see for the 2024 tour & also met people from Europe 22 which was a great surprise. I had never been to a Wishlist foundation pre show party & they were such fun, especially in St Paul. The real highlight was getting the 4 songs I had never seen performed live & 3 in one show in Chicago plus 7 others.If 2023 was great 2024 will be even better 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I am 55 and have been seeing this band since 1996. I used to see multiple shows each tour (7 in 2003) but just can't do it anymore due to my personal and professional life. I have definitely reduced the number of shows I see and have even contemplated retiring from shows for awhile. That said, if Pearl Jam is playing within 100 miles of my house, I feel a magnetic pull to get tickets and go. I am near NYC but I love Philly shows. I have seen PJ 62 times and was close to not going anymore. Luckily, I scored 10C tix to Camden. 19th row on Mike's side. Then the band goes on to put on a killer show. I was blown away again, and that is why I keep going. Hopefully I can get MSG tix as I have have only missed one MSG show since 1998. Good luck!