Options

Solo Tour - Vancouver

Canadian_LaraCanadian_Lara Posts: 3
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
It was so amazing! Thank you Ten club for the Second row seat! Fantastic!
my mouth seriously dropped open when I seen my seat number at the pick-up booth. Liam Finn is so awsome.. thank you Eddie for introducing that beautiful Australian musician.
Before the opening band came out, Eddie did his usual appearance but he did not sing, instead he came out pushing a broom wearing a huge scientist head and a long white labcoat.

The stage setting is Ed sitting on a stool, surrounded by retro suitcases, an old reel-to-reel audio recorder, a picture of an Indian chief and an upturned case of Corona with an ashtray, and this really big black stuffed bat. Vedder created the illusion that you were watching him play in his basement.

two-hour concert had Vedder chatting back and forth with the audience, touching on local news items - including his disapproval of the removal of the upside-down church sculpture at Coal Harbour - and flubbing lyrics as though he was singing to a group of friends.

Security was crazy on cameras and cell phone cameras, they were constantly telling people "no pictures" untill finally one guy about 5 rows back asked Eddie if "he could tell the security to stop bugging us, they keep leaning in front of people" so Eddie asked "which one is bugging you"? at this point the main a-hole security is backed into a dark hole hidding.
Eddie told them "this is a good crowd, you can back off" then looks at the fan and says "thanks for bringing it up"
The security guy must have gotten mad because once the show was over he went over and took some guy in the second row's camera away.

He looked awesome as ever in his button up plaid shirt with his buthole surfer shirt on underneath, at one point he told the story of how that was the shirt he wore when he played his first concert with "the band" then made a comment of how you remember your "first times" "good or bad"

lol.. at one point, I can't remember how it started but he wanted to quote a line in a movie... but was not sure if he should say it or not. after getting the O.K from the help backstage, he told the joke. (joke about licking balls)
"Bruce Springsteen would never say something like that, that's why he is the Boss and I am just the employee"

If i remember corectly he started off with walking the cow
He played many pearl Jam songs, Porch, Drifting, Around the Bend, I am Mine, Dead Man.. so awesome

cover songs included: Tom Petty - won't back down, Hide your love away, Hard Sun, Cat Stevens' Trouble, James Taylor's Millworker, Picture in a Frame, Forever Young, Growing Up

Big Fish- Man of the Hour

Dead man walking -

Goodbye, A Brokedown Melody, No More, Broken-Hearted, You're True

"I never would have thought that after all these years ... , "Thanks for being here for a different kind of conversation."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    now, that is the best review ive seen.. thanks for that..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    That sounds like an incredible show! Thanks for sharing with us!
  • Options
    swank81swank81 Posts: 5
    Arghhhh.....Liam Finn is not Australian. Though EJ his support vocallist is.

Liam is from New Zealand.
  • Options
    sorry, i knew that... but he was born in Australia.. if that means anything.
    either way, he is amazing!
  • Options
    swank81swank81 Posts: 5
    sorry, i knew that... but he was born in Australia.. if that means anything.

Haha. It doesnt. NZ & OZ have a big history of trying to claim each others successes and give each other the failures. Russell Crowe has been tossed back and forth a few times by the respective media's.
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    Does anyone have any pictures to post? Here or on another thread?

Thanks
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    That's a nice review. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Great review! Thanks.

This show sounds so personal. I might have to fight back tears of joy if it's as intimate as it sounds.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thanks. hands down the best review of the shows ive seen so far.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,934
    Thanks for such a great review. Glad you enjoyed your experience.

Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    thanks for the review
    Fill the air up with love...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Great review. I was there and so glad I was. I was in the 4th row center. The only negatives I heard from others was people taking pictures. Ed specifically requested no pictures, so security was diligent about trying to keep people from taking them, so lot's of people were interrupted during the show. He seemed nervous at first but seemed to relax later. These venues are so small it is incredible. Not a bad seat I don't think.
    Liam Finn is incredible! Best opener I've seen in a long time. He has a vinyl for sale along with a cd which I missed, just a heads up! As well as the EV zippo! Didn't see that either.
    Ed really seemed to relax more at the end. Before he played Porch, he said I wasn't planning on this. haha
    The end with Hard Sun and Liam was awesome. Really enjoyed it and can't wait for San Diego!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    thanks for the very in-depth report! sounds like an awesome experience. ed is the man. but i already knew that.

i hope there's an east coast tour sometime... near year maybe? or late this year?