Prince explosion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Prince was spectacular live! 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    edited February 14
    I get that prices have increased but if AC/DC are charging £130 a ticket, why are Pearl Jam charging considerably more? £160 is an insane amount of money for a show. 

My daughter has been begging me to take her to a PJ show for her first proper concert. If it wasn't for her I'd me missing my first European shows since 2006. 
    Does AC/DC offer fan to fan?  Are all ticket prices L130, or is that just the cheapest and price goes up as you get closer to the stage?  The answers to those questions might help sort out why PJ tickets are initially as expensive as they are.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545
    Value meals at Taco Bell (two chalupas, soft taco, drink) are $15 where I live.  Things just cost more (some folks are getting rich by not bringing prices back down after the pandemic).  
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 535
    edited February 14
    njhaley1 said:
    I get that prices have increased but if AC/DC are charging £130 a ticket, why are Pearl Jam charging considerably more? £160 is an insane amount of money for a show. 

My daughter has been begging me to take her to a PJ show for her first proper concert. If it wasn't for her I'd me missing my first European shows since 2006. 
    Does AC/DC offer fan to fan?  Are all ticket prices L130, or is that just the cheapest and price goes up as you get closer to the stage?  The answers to those questions might help sort out why PJ tickets are initially as expensive as they are.
    Ticketmaster offer fan resale, not the band 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    Value meals at Taco Bell (two chalupas, soft taco, drink) are $15 where I live.  Things just cost more (some folks are getting rich by not bringing prices back down after the pandemic).  
    The pants shitting is free, though. 
  • Options
    It’s a little different- fast food doubling in price and €100 tickets almost doubling in price! 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    njhaley1 said:

Ticketmaster offer fan resale, not the band 
    Non-sequitur.  I'll speak more plainly: at whose urging does TM offer F2F and does AC/DC do the same.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    njhaley1 said:

I was wondering that too.  I expect AC/DC to charging more for good tickets and less for crappy tickets.  They tend to play more stadiums than arenas.  I would expect a stadium nosebleed to be cheaper than a PJ arena ticket as generally even the worst seat in an arena is better than 70% of the seats in a stadium.

I suppose that doesn't explain the ballparks shows though :)
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    I am going to use the term "Prince Explosion" nonstop until someone from this thread hears me and we can laugh about it.

I too, thought this was about the artist formerly known as. Best thread title, ever.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options

• Options
    Gibson said:
    I am going to use the term "Prince Explosion" nonstop until someone from this thread hears me and we can laugh about it.

I too, thought this was about the artist formerly known as. Best thread title, ever.

• Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    My ticket to see U2 at the Sphere this month (which was worth every penny) pretty much wiped out concert budget for now. But at least the seats were amazing. I can’t say the same would be guaranteed by Ten Club. Passing on this tour. Can’t wait to hear the album.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    DF220512DF220512 Greeley, CO Posts: 13
    Man, I was excited by the prices (I'm also not trying to see 10 shows).  The going rate to see anybody right now is insane, and Pearl Jam is coming in at $185 American for all-in pricing, including 5 bucks to charity.  Seems like a bargain.  I mean, Hootie and the Blowfish are charging $150 a ticket before service fees right now.  Also, since Prince is referenced here... saw him for the one and only time in Denver at the Ogden Theater on his last tour for $275 a ticket.  Another bargain.  
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 535
    edited February 14
    DF220512 said:
    Man, I was excited by the prices (I'm also not trying to see 10 shows).  The going rate to see anybody right now is insane, and Pearl Jam is coming in at $185 American for all-in pricing, including 5 bucks to charity.  Seems like a bargain.  I mean, Hootie and the Blowfish are charging $150 a ticket before service fees right now.  Also, since Prince is referenced here... saw him for the one and only time in Denver at the Ogden Theater on his last tour for $275 a ticket.  Another bargain.  
    Ah, the good old days, when tickets were only £22.75 (incl. booking fee)! For reference- a chart CD was about £12 at that time- 1992. 
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    My ticket to see U2 at the Sphere this month (which was worth every penny) pretty much wiped out concert budget for now. But at least the seats were amazing. I can’t say the same would be guaranteed by Ten Club. Passing on this tour. Can’t wait to hear the album.
    I've never had a bad go with the U2 fan club.  No idea why.  It's a bit more basic than 10c.  If you had a membership before they announce, you're in a senior pool, if you sign up after they announce your in the jr. pool. The Sr. pool gets priority. I don't subscribe to the U2 fan club every year.  Usually just in years I want tickets or I really like the fan club item.  So sometimes I've been in the senior pool, and sometimes in the jr. pool.

I've never not gotten tickets, always get the GA tickets I ask for, including the sphere.   It feels like there are less decisions and less issues.  They were even using the same system as PJ, and there were priorities for sphere dates. We chose Jan 26th as 1st, and Jan 27th as 2nd.  We selected floor, 200 section, 300 section, and got GA floor.  It was kind of cool, because you just selected the sections you were willing accept tickets in.

I know U2's fan club isn't run in house, it's done by a corporation, but getting Sphere tickets did seem less stressful.  Plus my favourite part was when we decided to go I only had 10 days left my membership, so it felt I pulled off a fast one :)

I also felt like U2 was worth every penny.   After the 2015 I&E tour, I kind of felt like I was good with U2 concerts, but this one sucked me right back in.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I checked the My Tickets section in my account and cried a little when I saw that in 2016, you paid $172 for a pair of tickets. I understand that there is some time between then but doubling the price is a bit of a shock to be honest. It used to be tough to do a teensy bit of tour even back then but now it turns into a whole different animal. This may be the last time we do multiple shows and travel to see them. It's been a fun run.
  • Options
    muetzel77 said:
    Hey all, as probably everyone here I have Dark Matter on heavy rotation and can't wait to see wheather I get some tix to a show. Still I must admit I am disappointed by the heavy price increase since the last tour. I hope someone can enlighten me what happend (and yes I know about supply chain issues in the current state of politics as well as I am aware that artist suffered badly from the pandemic a.s.o.). I just doesn't fit to my heroic appreciation of PJ to see them charging 175 € for a Single Ticket and would love to keep my view and understanding of the Band. So pls enlighten me.
    They only went up like 6% from last tour 
  • Options
    i enjoy buying inexpensive lawn tickets and always buy cheap seats whenever possible
    i have def started to realize some concerts are now $200 just for a ticket
    and
    the dude is a legend. huge r e s p e c t
    that rock n roll hall of fame clip...while my guitar gently weeps...mind blown
    and prince doing the foos at the superbowl
    unbelievable
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGLQzc-pjA
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,214
    The regular priced tickets are relatively cheap compared to other artists. It's the premium pricing that's absurd 
  • Options
    ArgbeilArgbeil Posts: 4
    know1 said:
    I'm disappointed in the price explosion of everything the last 3-4 years. The economy has been very, very tough on a lot of people. Concerts are a luxury, but food, housing, clothing, insurance, etc. aren't. 
    Yeah, it's pretty tough for rock stars-album sales aren't what they used to be, so they have to charge ridiculous amounts for concert tickets.

No I'm sorry - but these Tickets are way more expensive than they had to be.

I wanted to buy by Tickets for one of the Berlin shows during the presale.

These Tickets are - in comparison to other US-artists playing the same venue next year - just way to expensive. I've talked to other long time  TC-Members from Berlin and no one has bought a ticket for the show.

• Options
    ArgbeilArgbeil Posts: 4
    muetzel77 said:
    Hey all, as probably everyone here I have Dark Matter on heavy rotation and can't wait to see wheather I get some tix to a show. Still I must admit I am disappointed by the heavy price increase since the last tour. I hope someone can enlighten me what happend (and yes I know about supply chain issues in the current state of politics as well as I am aware that artist suffered badly from the pandemic a.s.o.). I just doesn't fit to my heroic appreciation of PJ to see them charging 175 € for a Single Ticket and would love to keep my view and understanding of the Band. So pls enlighten me.

That's not true for the european Shows - The last Berlin Concert was 90 Euro, now it's 175 Euro - about 190$. 
  • Options
    Argbeil said:
    muetzel77 said:

That's not true for the european Shows - The last Berlin Concert was 90 Euro, now it's 175 Euro - about 190$. 
    When was the last Berlin concert
  • Options
    mike86mike86 Posts: 161
    edited February 15
    The last show in Berlin was in 2022.

But a pair for the same venue was $256, at least thats what it says in my tickets. Its 349 Euro now. Even without thinking too much about the exchange rate, you can see the difference. There are no premuium tickets for Berlin either. All tickets are 174,50 EUR. 

Green Day at the same venue this year: Seats 97,40 EUR, GA 128,15 EUR
    Post edited by mike86 on
    Follow the Strangest Tribe
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    ......one of the greatest guitarist of all time!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 347
    MayDay10 said:
    I stopped going to major concerts on the level of Pearl Jam (including pearl jam) for the past 5 or so years.

So much good music at smaller venues.  Enjoyable and a better night out with friends.  I can also go to a show like Primus and it seems cheap.  I can get a VIP ticket for early entry, signed posters, meet and greet/q&a for cheaper than a ticket for a major show.  
    I saw Lespecial last week for like $20.  

*they can charge whatever they want.  That's fine.  Just stating that I am priced out at this point having gone to about 30 shows in the past and have got my kicks.  If they played in my home city, I would probably attend and take my son so we can share that.  Other than that, I am out.
    This post is spot on. I've seen some very good bands for a lot less. I'm not a fan of concerts at Fenway either. If they played a better venue in New England I may have attended.