Options

Eddie dedicated Forever Young to me- Part 2

BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I know I'm taking a risk here pasting this, but I really hope it's ok since I didn't include any of the actual song-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxt319m0j8&feature=related

Mods- let me know if you want it removed and I will do so, I just really wanted to share:)

I made a thread a few weeks ago after Boston 2- here it is if you haven't seen it yet: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=297338
It's been a few weeks since that happened, but I still daydream about it several times a day and can't help but smile. Like I said, definitely the greatest day of my life.

Anyway, I lucked out with the tour schedule because I just moved to Chicago for college yesterday, so I get to see Eddie two more times without having to travel.:D I was hoping to meet him again this afternoon and thank him for making August 2nd so special for me. So my roommate came downtown with me this afternoon and we waited for about about an hour outside the Auditorium Theatre, along with some really cool fans. Eventually, Liam and EJ came through, said a quick hello and went in. 20 minutes later, at around 3:30, a white van pulled in and Eddie hopped out with his security guard. As Eddie approached, the security guard told us the usual rules, but also that Eddie wasn't going to sign anything this time, but just say hi. There was a small barricade for the fans but I was just outside of it on the end.

Somehow I remember my encounter with Ed today in MUCH more detail than the first time, so here's almost exactly what happened. This time I was at the beginning of the line instead of the end, so I was the first person to shake Eddie's hand.
As he shook my hand I said- "Eddie, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the one who gave you the note in Boston that you read on stage."
He immediately seemed very surprised to see me and looked my face closer and said- "That was you??" Then I laughed and said "yes, that was me"
Right after I said that he immediately stopped shaking my hand and put both his arms in the air and motioned for me to give him a hug. So I leaned in and we shared a really big hug, which words can't possibly describe:) As I was pulling away he was still looking at me really closely in the eyes and said he was trying to remember my name. He said "Justine?" and I told him- "Nope, Lindsay" As soon as I told him he remembered and said "That's right!.. I'm really glad I got to see you again."
Then he did something that was really cool but difficult to explain... As he began walking away, he kinda made a fist with his right hand and held it up toward me and said "Hang in there.. Hang in there." I smiled, nodded, and told him "I will"..and he smiled and nodded back.
He walked down, shook the rest of the line's hand and said he had to go do his job. As he walked away he looked at me for a few more seconds, smiling, and waving.

I didn't know she was doing this, but my roommate actually got a few pictures of Eddie coming by. Unfortunately none of the big hug, but the first picture was taken as I was telling him who I am (you can barely see my green hat) http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3041/2786348056_fa9a10f8d5_o.jpg, and the second is right as he's going on to the next person. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2786348028_3ed6405034_o.jpg
Again, an absolutely unbelievable night. I was so happy that Eddie remembered me and my letter and was genuinely very happy to see me again. A few times during the show, I almost lost it..Just being there watching Eddie perform, thinking about how much his music changed my life, and both of our interactions. There's nothing in the world I would have rather been doing.:)

I can't believe all that's happened. I've had the most unbelievable summer. Graduating high school, following Pearl Jam for 5 shows, and this whole EV experience... It's strange how fucking happy one little band/man is capable of making me. I'm sad to see this summer end but I plan on celebrating the hell out of it one last time tomorrow night at the Auditorium Theatre:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    That is so fuckin' cool!

Congrats again! Some girls have all the luck!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :)

I enjoyed both of your threads very much, BlackCorduroy!

I'm sure it brightened his day as well!

Congratulations on graduating from high school and best of luck with college in Chicago!

I really enjoyed Chicago - at least downtown - the last two years (for Lollapalooza) - it's a beautiful but expensive city!

Congratulations on meeting EV twice! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    you lucky little bitch..er...i mean..CONGRATULATIONS!!

not once but twice!!!

very happy for you! i got a brief handshake during a Mike solo and thought that was awesome but you got a hug!! very cool!

and you're right this summer was awesome (PJ wise anyway) and I'm sad it's over too.
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    dont u sleep??? (non personal attack)

well written again lindsay

ill see u later today
  • Options
    Congrats!!! Best to you as well!!

And may I say is that not the most awesome pic! The one where you can see Ed's face clearly and read the print on the back of the guy's green t ...

"hope at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are"

... absolutely brilliant!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    pulaski wrote:
    dont u sleep??? (non personal attack)

not after stuff like this happens!
  • Options
    Was it easier for people to meet eddie during his solo tour as opposed to a PJ tour?
    It seems whenever i hang out and wait around he never ever comes around (Pj or EV shows) im really jealous.. Congrats though
  • Options
    amazing...just amazing, I am so happy for you.

that is one cool story you can tell for years and years
    08/29 & 8/30 2000-Mansfield
    7/2 & 7/11 2003-Mansfield
    9/28 & 9/29 2004-Boston
    5/24 & 5/25 2006-Boston-11th & 10th row
    6/27 2008-Hartford -Front Row Center!
    6/28 & 6/30 2008-Mansfield

08/01 (2nd row) & 08/02/2008 (Eddie Vedder) Boston

skinny little bitch
  • Options
    Was it easier for people to meet eddie during his solo tour as opposed to a PJ tour?
    It seems whenever i hang out and wait around he never ever comes around (Pj or EV shows) im really jealous.. Congrats though

I've never tried on a PJ tour, but yes I imagine the solo tour is easier. As long as you figure out where he's entering (fairly obvious) and don't mind waiting for about an hour or so. :)
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Thats so wonderful! :D i'm really happy for you.

Ed's the best!

:)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    I've never tried on a PJ tour, but yes I imagine the solo tour is easier. As long as you figure out where he's entering (fairly obvious) and don't mind waiting for about an hour or so. :)

I waited for 3 hours and no luck in toronto :(
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i can't stop smiling. :D

karma baby, karma.

ed must have really wanted to meet you (again) after reading that letter. or he was thinking of your words so much it actually happened. you two were brought together again.

yes, i believe in that kind of stuff. call me crazy i don't care. :p

now, don't let it hapen again, or i'll havta kick your ass for stalking him! ha!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    i can't stop smiling. :D

karma baby, karma.

ed must have really wanted to meet you (again) after reading that letter. or he was thinking of your words so much it actually happened. you two were brought together again.

yes, i believe in that kind of stuff. call me crazy i don't care. :p

now, don't let it hapen again, or i'll havta kick your ass for stalking him! ha!

haha don't worry, i just wanted one last meeting to thank him for what he did. I won't meet him again unless its by complete chance. :D

Seriously 4 hours? I guess I got a little lucky.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    haha don't worry, i just wanted one last meeting to thank him for what he did. I won't meet him again unless its by complete chance. :D

Seriously 4 hours? I guess I got a little lucky.

I've waited longer... and I'm embarrassed to admit it. :p But at least I had a great time talking with friends! That wasn't a waste of my time at all....

But I wouldn't do it again though... it should happen naturally. :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/2790234426_166c22f617_b.jpg

By the way, I said in my other thread I would post this when it's done. The background are a few rough drafts I found. I have the lyrics to Forever Young, my ticket, pictures from the Sniper program, and some comments from the original thread:)
  • Options
    jeez Louise you really love Eddie.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447

By the way, I said in my other thread I would post this when it's done. The background are a few rough drafts I found. I have the lyrics to Forever Young, my ticket, pictures from the Sniper program, and some comments from the original thread:)

Looks fantastic :D
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Williedog wrote:
    jeez Louise you really love Eddie.
    not sure how this was intended, but yeah, thanks?
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I think Eddie just place you into his "crazy fan/pseudo-stalker" list.:p

anyway, congrats on your 2nd moment with Eddie.

you're very very lucky and fortunate- many of us have yet to share a moment with that man. :o
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Yet another amazing experience! Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing.
  • Options

kickass girlie girl!

i hope you know i was only joking on that stalking thing. ;)

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    WOW. I just read both of your threads, Black Corduroy, and I'm just stunned. One of the best "feel good" stories I've read from the EV tour. You are one lucky lady, but you do realize that the note you gave him couldn't have been any better written, don't you? It was luck that you met Eddie, but it was the note that affected him the way it did, it had that "punch in your heart" kind of appeal, (I mean this in a very good way!).

Kudos to you to be able to see through the materialism and conformity that plagues American society. It's up to us to use our brains to see through the disillusions that corporate America tries to pull over on us. I don't know many college aged folk that think so clearly and challenge the status quo, so I'm so pleased that you made yourself known! And so is Eddie!! :)

You lucky girl. You got a hug! And boy does my story about meeting him pale in comparison!
  • Options
    LizzyLizzy Posts: 32
    wow, lindsay...you are one lucky girl! congrats and best of luck in school!
  • Options
    i know i cant post a link to the song, but anyone know it's cool if i post a link to listen to just the talking?
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Very cool Lindsay! :)
  • Options
    bumping this because it is such an awesome story
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    bumping this because it is such an awesome story
    Thank you:D
    I know I'm taking a risk here pasting this, but I really hope it's ok since I didn't include any of the actual song-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxt319m0j8&feature=related

Mods- let me know if you want it removed and I will do so :)
  • Options
    :D

not bad for your first vid on youtube.

• Options
    :D

not bad for your first vid on youtube.
    haha thank you. i really had no idea what i was doing, i dont know why the picture keeps moving in and out. the real point is the audio anyway though:)
  • Options
    you're right.

looks errrr..... SOUNDS good to me!