Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,330
    A big thanks to @Facemeltor and everyone else who contributed to the rumor thread! This has been a lot of fun! Only a few more hours left to wait now!
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,732
    edited February 13
    yosi said:
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:
    sorry, where are you getting UPDATED Information (Twickenham instead of O2, for example) from?
    someone saw the code of the website , check a few pages back , the whole tour was there
    Possible to repost? I’ve been digging through the pages on this thread and can’t find it!
    The code has been taken down now

Got it. Thanks! That explains my confusion. 

Did MSG/Philly/Boston dates look the same as the what’s on the first page?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    StrangerbydayStrangerbyday Ireland Posts: 8
    Will definitely do the Dublin show, tempted by London, though if its 2 nights I have Jane's Addiction in Dublin on the Friday so will only do the Saturday. Maybe Manchester on the cards too.
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (June 22, 2010)
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    edited February 13
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:
    sorry, where are you getting UPDATED Information (Twickenham instead of O2, for example) from?
    someone saw the code of the website , check a few pages back , the whole tour was there
    Possible to repost? I’ve been digging through the pages on this thread and can’t find it!

I think everything was the same apart from 1 show in London and 1 in each of the Aussie cities 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    mrk2 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Football stadium show has me very curious what's cooking that night
    Just appears they elected to play 1 show in a stadium instead of 2 shows in an arena.
    60k is big time. Last time they played a stadium that big was what soldier field? We will find out soon enough
    San Siro was packed to the rafters when I saw them there, must have been 80,000 there easy
    San Siro concerts seem to be about 58k max capacity for most big acts  in recent years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Siro
    Wow thats interesting, that place was MASSIVE, and the pitch was in play too but then the stage was on one side of the ground and not at an end. It did seem much bigger than that 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,732
    drfox said:
    yosi said:
    yosi said:
    just_one said:
    Fílex said:

Everything was the same apart from 1 show in London and 1 in each of the Aussie cities 
    Awesome! Appreciate all the clarifications for those of us who were not up all not (on the East Coast)!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Damn, my plans got destroyed.   I'm not going to Europe for 1 stadium show.  I wish the original London rumor was true.  Oh, well.
  • Options
    This London news is quite the blow. 

I don't see PJ headlining glasto but it was an interesting theory. I just dont see them as the type of band for that crowd. 

I enjoyed GNR last year there but they went down like a knackered lift. Springsteen just about pulled it off. But Billie Eyelash, Stormyman , JZ and the likes whip up a storm. 

I remember some of the Uk musical press reviewing the Leeds festival 2006 day and they were extremely negative about the show, and seemingly wrote about a totally different show to the one I had seen. PJ seem massive in the Uk yet almost unheard of at the same time. Im just not sure that works at Glastonbury. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    Not sure now if the original Syd/Melb dates or new swapped dates are true? 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,210
    pdalowsky said:

I don't see PJ headlining glasto but it was an interesting theory. I just dont see them as the type of band for that crowd. 

I enjoyed GNR last year there but they went down like a knackered lift. Springsteen just about pulled it off. But Billie Eyelash, Stormyman , JZ and the likes whip up a storm. 

I remember some of the Uk musical press reviewing the Leeds festival 2006 day and they were extremely negative about the show, and seemingly wrote about a totally different show to the one I had seen. PJ seem massive in the Uk yet almost unheard of at the same time. Im just not sure that works at Glastonbury. 
    Yeah pretty disappointed about London to be honest but will make the most of it, i do wonder what has happened though 
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Yeah pretty disappointed about London to be honest but will make the most of it, i do wonder what has happened though 
    I still think they could do a second show. Probably testing how quickly the Saturday sells. Which unfortunately will be slower than normal due to Green Day 
  • Options
    American here! Question, Is getting to and from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by public transportation a tough task?

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    edited February 13
    gutted about london only having 1 show but it will be easier to get tickets though since its a stadium. having said that im left with the 27th kinda free since we are going to glasgow to see green day on the 25th and killers on the 26th.

any recomendations ? should i stay on glasgow 3 days or 5 days in london (i thought about leaving for berlin on jul 1st)
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    LostDog_72LostDog_72 London Posts: 74
    pdalowsky said:

I've been looking at the various online betting sites to check Glasto headline odds. PJ don't even feature (yet)
  • Options
    just_one said:
    gutted about london only having 1 show but it will be easier to get tickets though since its a stadium. having said that im left with the 27th kinda free since we are going to glasgow to see green day on the 25th and killers on the 26th.

any recomendations ? should i stay on glasgow 3 days or 5 days in london (i thought about leaving for berlin on jul 1st)
    I would hold off for a week and a half just in case a second show is announced. Surprised they are playing in such a large U.K. venue again. It’s the largest venue of the entire world tour I think 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,210
    American here! Question, Is getting to and from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by public transportation a tough task?

Underground is about 20 minute walk and overground 5 minutes by the looks of it so shouldn't be a problem.

Stadium has a 10.30pm curfew as well so everything still running 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    There are two London shows
    also on page 274
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Im hoping its a typing error LOL
  • Options
    Looks like something big changed with London. First one wrong! Wonder how many more...
    page 275. - for those just catching up now.
  • Options
    Looks like something big changed with London. First one wrong! Wonder how many more...
    page 275
  • Options
    Looks like all the Europe shows that were supposed to be two are now just one. Perhaps those people who speculated they'd announce one night, then add the second, were correct.
    Berlin and Barcelona are both two though. Only one off from the original plan is London as far as I can tell. 
    page 275
  • Options
    drfox said:
    just_one said:

I would hold off for a week and a half just in case a second show is announced. Surprised they are playing in such a large U.K. venue again. It’s the largest venue of the entire world tour I think 
    I know its far from the same but having gone to the EV Wembley show (the Who) - it really didnt work well in that venue at all. I left halfway though the Who set and got a flier down the motorway. I know the crowd wasnt really mostly there for Ed, and he was of course solo, but it was just a totally flat event.....
  • Options
    The upside is, that if we are only getting the one show in London, Barcelona or Dublin might HAVE to be added to the agenda
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 151
    edited February 13
    "I got a feeling" we still got a few dates hidden in "dark matter" (no pun intended)
    3 days between Vancouver and Portland seems odd 
    Post edited by LS164963 on
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    LS164963 said:
    "I got a feeling" we still got a few dates hidden in "dark matter" (no pun intended)
    3 days between Vancouver and Portland seems odd and a week between Missoula and Wrigley...
    There’s not a week between Missoula and Wrigley. There’s noblesville on 8/26
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173

No. It's in London. 
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 151
    LS164963 said:
    3 days between Vancouver and Portland seems odd and a week between Missoula and Wrigley...
    There’s not a week between Missoula and Wrigley. There’s noblesville on 8/26
    Right my bad forgot about poor Indi they've suffer long enough
  • Options
    dani11dani11 uk Posts: 42
    makes no sense PJ playing the Tottenham stadium. It's way too big. Would have def preferred 2 dates at the O2. Disappointing although still psyched for the London show
    Yeah this might change my plans. I loved Hyde Park, but generally not a fan of stadium shows. 

Also looks like it's quite far north from London. Last year I actually chose to see RHCP at NOS Alive festival in Lisbon rather than Tottenham Hotspur stadium (same length setlists, favorable weather).

I might consider skipping London! And maybe do Berlin + Barcelona instead. 
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    seanclax said:
    seanclax said:
    makes no sense PJ playing the Tottenham stadium. It's way too big. Would have def preferred 2 dates at the O2. Disappointing although still psyched for the London show
    Do london and Manchester 
    People works  =) It would be perfect two dates in London on friday and saturday. Probably I'll go to 3 concerts instead of 4.
    What are the other 2?
    Barcelona
    I'm looking forward to Barcelona.
    I'm hoping fot berlin night 1 aswell
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 357
    just_one said:

Take a train to Edinburgh from Glasgow stay a day there and then go to London. Edinburgh is great 
This discussion has been closed.