Options

Neil Young & Pearl Jam - Mirror Ball Live Movie

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,842
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

Love it. Now if only we can get Neil to come down to Ohana this year & play this with Pearl Jam on stage again.
    Seems quite possible, doesn't it?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,990
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

Love it. Now if only we can get Neil to come down to Ohana this year & play this with Pearl Jam on stage again.
    Seems quite possible, doesn't it?

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,349
    They should include a small replica of Neil's Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme as a bonus for the deluxe edition :wink:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    Neil called Jeff Ament last summer because: THEY WERE MIXING MIRROR BALL IN ATMOS

Maybe this was known?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    Neil called Jeff Ament last summer because: THEY WERE MIXING MIRROR BALL IN ATMOS

Maybe this was known?
    👀
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 640

Maybe this was known?
    The Atmos mix of Mirror Ball has been available on Apple Music since last summer, this isn’t news.
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:

Maybe this was known?
    The Atmos mix of Mirror Ball has been available on Apple Music since last summer, this isn’t news.
    ok ok. wouldnt know. Im respecting original mixes. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    You should listen to it, it sounds fantastic. Neil nailed his Atmos mixes. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    Also, I love that jeff thinks that’s the best thing he’s ever recorded. 
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 735
    Also, I love that jeff thinks that’s the best thing he’s ever recorded. 
    And he may be right

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    This is the vinyl that I am after the most & hoping that there will be a 30 year re release next year along with the movie. 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 932
    Did Jeff say that Eddie & Neil recorded  'That version' of I got ID. Wonder if it's a different version or the one on merkinball

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    BALLBOY said:
    This is the vinyl that I am after the most & hoping that there will be a 30 year re release next year along with the movie. 
    The most recent update on NYA Letters is that the ORS Vol. 6 box (Harvest Moon, Unplugged, Sleeps With Angels, and Mirror Ball) is due to be released “early next year”…

There hasn’t been an update on the Mirror Ball Live box set for a while now.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    eboweddie said:
    Did Jeff say that Eddie & Neil recorded  'That version' of I got ID. Wonder if it's a different version or the one on merkinball
    Jeff is not on the merkinball version. That is what he’s refering to. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,349
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,363
    goldrush said:
    The most recent update on NYA Letters is that the ORS Vol. 6 box (Harvest Moon, Unplugged, Sleeps With Angels, and Mirror Ball) is due to be released “early next year”…

As much as I'd like to believe Neil, NYA Vol. 3 has already slid six to eight months with no release announcement in sight. If we see it next year, it will be a win.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    Travelar said:
    goldrush said:

As much as I'd like to believe Neil, NYA Vol. 3 has already slid six to eight months with no release announcement in sight. If we see it next year, it will be a win.
    Neil has said a couple of times recently that NYA Volume 3 will be released in September. But yeah, I’ll believe it when it’s actually in my hands!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    Taking Neil at his word on this stuff is like banking on the weather person’s long range forecast. I’ll believe when it gets here.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,363
    goldrush said:
    Neil has said a couple of times recently that NYA Volume 3 will be released in September. But yeah, I’ll believe it when it’s actually in my hands!
    Must have missed that. He totally danced around it on the Patron call a few weeks ago. Still a year late, but at least he's working on Vol IV already.

• Options
    edited 6:03AM
    Keep your eye on the ball here; a 4K release of a pristine 35mm sourced concert.