Options

A modern day Self Pollution Radio would be nice

fotdfotd Posts: 514
Do you remember back in 1995 and 1998 when Pearl Jam did the Self Pollution Radio and  Monkey Wrench Radio broadcasts? It really would amazing if they would do something similar today. It doesn't have to actually be live, perhaps they do something like they did for the All in WA charity when they did "Dance of the Clairvoyants" and all performed the song remotely but expand it to include more songs. I know that it would help a lot of people in these trying times to see/hear them perform the Gigaton songs "live" and maybe a couple of the older tunes too. They could sell the streams and/or blu-rays and use the money for charities and help even more people. 
I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,094

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,651
    Yeah it would definitely be a stream and not FM radio. 

Why not a PJ Radio thing?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,416
    New trending GIF tagged season 5 episode 1  Trending Gifs
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,062
    reason #1138 why i fell in love with this band so many decades ago.  they do and did so many cool things that was unheard of such as monkey wrench radio broadcasts
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Eddie was on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio not long ago. He and Rob took calls from fans.

But yeah, the technology definitely exists for them to be remote in their own homes while making it sound like they're all together in the same studio.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Eddie was on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio not long ago. He and Rob took calls from fans.

But yeah, the technology definitely exists for them to be remote in their own homes while making it sound like they're all together in the same studio.

Man was that awesome! :)

Faithfull Forum with Eddie Vedder SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio September 2nd 2020

Would LOVE to hear Ed do a solo jam special on SiriusXM.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,107
    Two of the best moments in PJ history for me were the self pollution radio broadcasts. I’ve always wanted another. Such a cool format and now would be a perfect time for one with no live shows happening!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,416
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I’d just like to hear Ed play believe you me in full on acoustic, now that’s a stream!...that would be my Pearl Jam fix for the year of there still aren’t any concerts.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,379
    static111 said:
    I’d just like to hear Ed play believe you me in full on acoustic, now that’s a stream!...that would be my Pearl Jam fix for the year of there still aren’t any concerts.
    I love that song. That would be amazing.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    RS65573 said:
    static111 said:
    I love that song. That would be amazing.
    Everyone loves that song! Imagine a live stream, Ed comes out solo and plays Believe You Me and then Then Pearl Jam launches into Just A Girl, stream over. Tickets for charity and a limited vinyl pressing...a boy can dream!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,651
    23rd anniversary of MonkeyWrench Radio. 

That was such a fun night.  I was at a get together with some friends.  Called my dad. Told him to put a blank cassette into a stereo and tune to whatever the station was.  I only missed the first 20 minutes and started listening on the drive home 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    edited February 2021
    Monkeywrench Radio aired on this day Jan 31 1998
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Monkeywrench Radio aired on this day Jan 31 1998

Would LOVE the full length video release of this broadcast.

Maybe it will be the next video Vault release?

• Options
    Happy 29th! 1/8/95

Wish the band did a new kick ass live radio broadcast jam on SiriusXM PJ Radio. 

• Options
    For those still looking ..

Self Pollution Radio. January 8th 1995.