Options

I was at the Vic offered at ticket then . . .

Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Standing there across the street just before showtime. A cab pulls up a guy gets out walks up to me and another guy asking if we need a ticket. We are saying hell yes when somone runs over and says $1000 and whips out a wad of hundreds. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    This is the saddest thread of all time! I'm sorry!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    aw man, i'm sorry :(
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    that sucks! sorry :(
  • Options
    Fortunately I'm heavily medicated otherwise I might have chased him all the way to Berwyn putting lumps on his head.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    Standing there across the street just before showtime. A cab pulls up a guy gets out walks up to me and another guy asking if we need a ticket. We are saying hell yes when somone runs over and says $1000 and whips out a wad of hundreds. :(
    :eek:

bastards! Oh no. I am so sorry.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Thats terrible, I would have given it for face value and felt so much better about myself.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    wow really?!?!.....:(......that blows....sorry
  • Options
    That really sucks! Sorry. I helped my brother get one for face five minutes before the show started. Believe in miracles!

Rob
  • Options
    At least it appeared not to be a 10 clubber but a guest selling it. It was really sad to see a lot of those people showing up late for the show. Can you imagine being fashionably late for this show? It was also odd seeing a couple of people stopping at the box office and picking up like 10 wrist bands.

There were some people passing around a story that there were only 240 pairs of tickets sold to 10c members. However, given the line I saw I don't believe that could have been true. Some people there though were still kind of trying to find a place to put their frustration which I managed to successfully shed here with a brief bout of bitterness Sunday.
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Dreamfire2 wrote:

How did they have a ticket when there weren't any, just orange wristbands...

Hmmm interesting story I must say.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    It was also odd seeing a couple of people stopping at the box office and picking up like 10 wrist bands.
    :(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    How did they have a ticket when there weren't any, just orange wristbands...

Hmmm interesting story I must say.

Metaphorically speaking as in people begging for "Vic Tickets" here in tons of threads.
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw a chick and she had an actual ticket. It was weird.
  • Options
    JenDJenD Posts: 2
    They gave tickets and purple braclets to the vip people.
  • Options
    I saw a few peeps with tix.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Yeah I saw VIPs coming in with actual tickets too.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14