Options

Scoped the VIc today

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
okay here is the low down on the Vic

1. It is puny, there won't be a bad seat in the house, so waiting in line all day would be pretty much pointless unless you have to try and get front row.

2. The venue has NO CLUE on how tickets will be working, PJ's crew is doing it all. I have asked several different VIC employees, That being said. There is ONE ticket window, and maybe 3-4 sets of double doors all right next to one another. So my question is this, if you were to wait in line for your bands which go out at 4 in the Lobby are you kicked out and waiting in line again for 3 more hours to get back in? This seems like what will be happening based on TC statements of 4:00 for bands, 7 doors open. Once you get your WB whre are you supposed to go if you can't go in theer is NOWEHRE TO GO but back into another line if you are waiting there. There is no possible way to wait inside. This place is the size of a large HS auditorium. I could only look in the Auditorium from the lobby so I can't be sure, but it will be nice and cozy I am sure if you like being packed in against 100's of sweaty people.

so save yourself the pain and agony of 90 degress and 90%humidity in the blarring sun (no shade around). Everyone will be insanely close in this crackerbox venue. It will be a wonderful intimate venue and a night to remember no matter where you are sitting/standing. There is NO WAY we are all stading the floor is not big enough to hold more than 150 people(from my uneducated guess- of course I can be wrong and probably am). So plan on being in seats possibly????

Look for me, the jackass in the neon green shirt, that says "play H2I pussies"
and where are you BostonLou on back

ther weather will be like today and it fucking sucked bad, bring some water

See you there PUSSIES!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i emailed 10c about the waitng in line for tickets/wristbands then waitng in line for doors and they told me that most likely we would have to go back outside after we got wristbanded to get back in line before doors open at 7pm

the floor at the vic is hardly bigger than my back deck :eek:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    you have an extra? :D
  • Options
    I'm going to hold a sign saying "Sell me your extra ticket you pussies!".
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • Options
    I wish I could man.....it was claimed before I even paid for it.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    In SF last year for the 3 GA shows, we got our tickets and got back in line in the same order. Only problems were with those that saved a spot for 25 people, so I suggest doing what many cities do, have a sign in sheet.

Regardless, it shouldn't be a problem.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    we are in store for one hell of a show no matter where we sit/stand

I am lucky/blessed as hell to be going and I know it/appreciate the oppotunity
  • Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    Thanks for doing recon.

I hope they play Hard To Imagine and dedicate it to you. ;) I love that song.
    This seems like what will be happening based on TC statements of 4:00 for bands, 7 doors open. Once you get your WB whre are you supposed to go if you can't go in theer is NOWEHRE TO GO but back into another line if you are waiting there.

Here's a thread about bars/restaurants in the neighborhood where Vic attendees will be gathering beforehand. http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=252690
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    Hey bro....

Question....

Do you think Im totally wasting my time by going to the Vic Thursday (w/o a ticket of course) and try to bribe a security guard with say $700.00 bucks to let me in? I feel its my only hope. From what Im gathering, security is going to be way tight, and an extra ticket falling into my lap while standing out in front, isnt likely. I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Have a great fucking show man. I paid $1000.00 to see them at the House of Blues. Easiest money Ive ever spent. Still get goosebumps just thinking about it!!

Cheers,

Dylan