Heartless Bastards - All This Time
    Stairs and Elevators is great as well 
    It sure is...love all of their albums!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    A few releases from recent years that come to mind....

Kevin Morby -- City Music
    Bars of Gold -- Shelters
    William Tyler -- Modern Country
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,386
    Love (x10) this record.  Top 10 to listen to on the cans

Didn't Eddie play a Slint song on one of the pirate radio shows that was broadcast on commercial radio stations?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,004
    BF25394 said:

Didn't Eddie play a Slint song on one of the pirate radio shows that was broadcast on commercial radio stations?
    I think you’re right. Breadcrumb trail plays at the start of PJ20 too
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,307

That’s a great record! 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    ^^In my '1000 records to hear before you die" book. I never heard them.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    edited September 2023
    Loujoe said:
    ^^In my '1000 records to hear before you die" book. I never heard them.
    Yes, I love the way it sounds.  Listened so much,years back....but once I got the vinyl it increased my appreciation tenfold.

The way the album ends...."I miss you", screamed in such a manner....amazing.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    edited September 2023

it's only digital. but The White Stripes' Redd Blood Cells. It's the bass player from Redd Kross that added bass tracks to most of White Blood Cells, with permission of Jack, and released it online. most of it works. there's only a few bass lines that seem slightly out of place. 

the background is here:

http://www.reddkross.com/features/RBC/

the tracks are no longer available for download. if you want it, let me know. I'll hook ya up. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BF25394 said:
    The Oh Sees Face Stabber.  What a great fucking album!

Marcy Playgrounds debut.  I love this album.  St Joe at the School bus should get more play.  I mean Poppies, Cloak of elvinkind, Dog and his Master, Vampires of NY are to me, all great songs...
    So I used to do a weekly list of my 20 favorite (current songs). "Saint Joe on the School Bus" peaked at No. 2 for two weeks on that chart and, on the year-end chart for 1998, was all the way up at No. 12. (Three of the top five that year of Yield were Pearl Jam songs. To be eligible, a song had to be a single receiving radio or MTV airplay, so the other album tracks weren't eligible.)
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that appreciates this.  The tone on the guitar in that song just oozes!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    edited September 2023
    Heres another one.

Slant6 Inzombia.  This was on Dischord.  Record is really friggin good to me.  GFS is rumored to be written about an old buddy of mine...

Inzombia album - Wikipedia
    Check out this if you like it you'll most likely enjoy the rest.
    https://youtu.be/iTu_hcPvC-U?si=EbZdrf20EIerd2Ob
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    Heres another one.

Slant6 Inzombia.  This was on Dischord.  Record is really friggin good to me.  GFS is rumored to be written about an old buddy of mine...

Now this band was definitely played on Self-Pollution Radio. It was the track "Don't You Ever," played right after "Teen Age Riot" at the beginning of the show. Maybe I was mixing up Slint and Slant 6 in my earlier post.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    Found sealed copies of this rare gem at someone's house, along with original Blue Note records and other jazz funk. Best score day ever.

Nat Riggins – Keep On Doin' What You're Doin'

Label:Professional Artist – PAS 7633-98
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP
    Released:1976
    Genre:Funk / Soul
    Style:FunkRhythm & BluesSoul
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited October 2023
    Geoffrey Oryema- Exile and Beat The Border- this man was SOOO good  his voice is amazing just be ready to chill and listen

Land of Anaka, The River, Market Day, Exile, ye ye ye, Makambo, Nomad  are the highlights. 

Almost two types of music on these, with some more traditional African music to the more contemporary

Train's Self Titled Debut is as good as it gets, and it is such a far cry from Drops of Jupiter and the recent Pop shit

Jimi Hendrix The Blues- if you do not own this....man are you missing some of the best guitar work

Anything by Thievery Corporation, Crystal Method, Sigur Ros (weird and amazing)

Explosions in the Sky All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone -remixes

NIN- Further Down the Spiral- unreal remixes from the Downward Spiral

You young punks probably don't own U2 Rattle and Hum,  All I want is you is worth the price...Edge at his finest

Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Heres another one.

Now this band was definitely played on Self-Pollution Radio. It was the track "Don't You Ever," played right after "Teen Age Riot" at the beginning of the show. Maybe I was mixing up Slint and Slant 6 in my earlier post.
    That's them!  Off of Soda Pop rip off!  Very cool.  They were around the mid 90's and very glad that someone in PJ had heard of them.  So That album was reissued not too long ago.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

That DBT is so fucking good. Will check out the Dave Alvin - thanks for the suggestion!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:
    Geoffrey Oryema- Exile and Beat The Border- this man was SOOO good  his voice is amazing just be ready to chill and listen

Land of Anaka, The River, Market Day, Exile, ye ye ye, Makambo, Nomad  are the highlights. 

Almost two types of music on these, with some more traditional African music to the more contemporary

Train's Self Titled Debut is as good as it gets, and it is such a far cry from Drops of Jupiter and the recent Pop shit

Jimi Hendrix The Blues- if you do not own this....man are you missing some of the best guitar work

Anything by Thievery Corporation, Crystal Method, Sigur Ros (weird and amazing)

Explosions in the Sky All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone -remixes

NIN- Further Down the Spiral- unreal remixes from the Downward Spiral

You young punks probably don't own U2 Rattle and Hum,  All I want is you is worth the price...Edge at his finest

Some of these range a bit from the original prompt of "that almost no one has heard." Rattle and Hum has sold about 15 million copies. I can't even prove that the Maple record in the original post has sold 15 copies. :)
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 829
    Skyharbor-Guiding Lights
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,162
    mfc2006 said:

That DBT is so fucking good. Will check out the Dave Alvin - thanks for the suggestion!
    No problem! American Band is so good front to back. Got turned on to Dave Alvin when I was doing of rewatch of Justified. Raylan goes to watch him in a bar. Had a long talk with my record store guy about him. He’s been around.

He was even part of X in the mid 80s!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out - Amazoncom Music
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..