Options

Eddie at Ohana - solo, Earthlings, or something else?

Not sure if this has already been discussed here (I searched and couldn't find anything), but do we know if Eddie will be playing solo or with a band at Ohana Fest this year? I saw that the Chili Peppers have a show that night, so Chad Smith isn't available, so the full Earthlings can't be there. Maybe a hybrid version? Matt Cameron should be available that night...

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I'm guessing he plays solo.

I think the Earthlings is going to be a rare thing, because of other commitments from the other members in that band.  Getting the stars aligned for those people to be free at the same time will be tough.   It's why I braved a international border, pcr tests, and the chance I might have quarantine in the US for 2 weeks last winter to go see them :) I figured it was a once in a life time opportunity.  Hopefully they figure it out again at some point in the future.

I'm also thinking because the Seattle shows are billed as solo, that these will be more akin to the into the wild tour shows?  Could be wrong.  you never know.
  • Options
    Thanks for your comment. I was thinking the same thing. Possibly a guest or two from amongst the weekend's performers?
  • Options
    Earthlings it is! Excited to see who the drummer will be (and honestly, I'd love it if we didn't find out until the band walks out on stage)
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 133
    csilver22 said:
    Earthlings it is! Excited to see who the drummer will be (and honestly, I'd love it if we didn't find out until the band walks out on stage)
    Is Chad Smith not going to be there?  If not, I'd bet it's Dave Grohl since he'll already be there that weekend. 
  • Options
    csilver22 said:
    Is Chad Smith not going to be there?  If not, I'd bet it's Dave Grohl since he'll already be there that weekend. 
    I would probably guess Josh Freese over Dave but Dave is my hope as well
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    Zod said:
    I'm guessing he plays solo.

I'm guessing solo too. 
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    Ohana Earthlings this year could be - Ed, Glen, Jeff, Dave Grohl & I’m guessing Watt will come down from LA. Could be very cool 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,377
    EARTHLINGS 
  • Options
    csilver22 said:
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers are in Connecticut the day of Eddie's Ohana set
  • Options
    The official Ohana schedule with times came out last week, and it's Eddie and the Earthlings on the schedule. 
  • Options
    pjcord said:
    The official Ohana schedule with times came out last week, and it's Eddie and the Earthlings on the schedule. 
    I went to check out that out. They cleverly omitted the word "the"  Eddie and Earthlings.  Sort of makes it sound like some Earthlings will be there, but not the whole band. Subtle absence of the word.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Zod said:
    pjcord said:
    I went to check out that out. They cleverly omitted the word "the"  Eddie and Earthlings.  Sort of makes it sound like some Earthlings will be there, but not the whole band. Subtle absence of the word.
    That's what I thought too. No offense,  but having seen the Earthlings last year, I'd prefer more of just Eddie this year.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Zod said:
    pjcord said:
    That's what I thought too. No offense,  but having seen the Earthlings last year, I'd prefer more of just Eddie this year.

I was feeling the same way about the Seattle shows. I really enjoyed the Earthlings last year, but I also really enjoy the just Eddie solo show I saw in vancouver in 2008.  I'm kind of hoping we get Eddie solo in Seattle just to mix it up a bit... that Vancouver show was so amazing.
  • Options
    Agree- I was hoping Ed Solo as well. Grohl would be an awesome fill in!
  • Options
    I've gone to Ohana every year. Always at least the Ed night, and occasionally some others (Pearl Jam etc). This is the first year Im missing Ed's night. It's by choice though. Mostly....

I love Ed's shows, and want to see him again with the Earthlings. But this year will be for the Foo's, and I'm hoping Ed makes an appearance. Also, had tickets for 2020 when it was the Pretenders opening for Ed on Saturday night, and when they rescheduled...no Pretenders. 

This year is Pretenders with Foo's and I couldn't be more excited. I feel like Ed could show up for both acts, and I'll be super grateful for either. Ed singing Precious with Chrissie, and doing anything with the Foo's would be perfect. Can't wait.  

If life shifts and I can make Saturday night I'll take what I can get. But looking forward to Sunday night for sure!
    here for the music...
  • Options
    At Ohana Fest, Chrissie Hynde has to join the Foo Fighters for "The Pretender", right???
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 133
    tbergs said:
    Zod said:
    pjcord said:
    Man I'm the opposite.  I've been going to Ohana since 2018 and I saw two Earthlings shows last year and when the initial lineup came out with just Eddie, I was going to skip it this year.  But now that it's Earthlings with a (slim) chance Dave Grohl is the drummer, I'm really thinking about going.  I loved those Earthlings shows.  
  • Options
    THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    I bet Klinghoffer will be on drums and I agree after seeing Earthlings in Benaroya couple years back I really just want Ed solo acoustic or with the Uke, mandolin, that bad ass foot stomp box thing, the piano and just let the man belt out hit after hit in a beautiful theater next month. 

But it’s looking like I’m gonna have to rob a bank to make it happen, but when caught I can say it was for charity! I got 500/each to just get in the place and it’s not looking I’ll be able to make that happen. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • Options
    I bet Klinghoffer will be on drums and I agree after seeing Earthlings in Benaroya couple years back I really just want Ed solo acoustic or with the Uke, mandolin, that bad ass foot stomp box thing, the piano and just let the man belt out hit after hit in a beautiful theater next month. 

But it’s looking like I’m gonna have to rob a bank to make it happen, but when caught I can say it was for charity! I got 500/each to just get in the place and it’s not looking I’ll be able to make that happen. 

Yah for the Seattle shows I'm still hoping EV plays solo.  Only because I saw the Earthlings there last year, and it's been 15 years since I saw the only solo Ed show I ever saw.  The Earthlings album has grown on me so I would enjoy an Earthlings show in Seattle, but my preference is solo.

Plus I still need to figure out how to acquire night 1 tickets.   I've been keeping an eye out for what they've been selling for platinum tickets, and so far it's been really light.   Usually you trickled out platinum tickets, so there's some up all the time, so they must be holding out trying to sell them in those big sponsor packages.  Hopefully they'll have some left they need to blow out at face before the show.