Options

So, Bonnaroo 2008?

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
edited November 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
How many people believe the Bonnaroo rumor?

I am so skeptical of all these rumors, and never believe any of them, but I really want this one. Planning on attending for the first time and traveling far. Will be happy to go if PJ isn't playing, but would be perfect if they do!
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Ok, so as much I would hate to feed the flame of this rumor, I have a very reliable source at a competing promotion company to that of Bonnaroo that has verified there is a strong possibility of this happening (they heard it as well) but said that, in their words, PJ is a "hard get".

I personally think they are more likely to do a select view dates - I would hate to go all the way to the middle of nowhere TN for a show - but I'll be there should it become official.
  • Options
    One thing I've learned from reading these threads over the past few years is never believe anything you read regarding possible Pearl Jam tours/appearances on here. 95% of that information is total bullshit. Just an FYI...
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • Options
    this rumor started in MONTANA, we dont fuck around here. make your plans now. peace
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    londonwpr wrote:
    One thing I've learned from reading these threads over the past few years is never believe anything you read regarding possible Pearl Jam tours/appearances on here. 95% of that information is total bullshit. Just an FYI...

Yeah, I agree. My friends went to Bonnaroo last year for the first time and LOVED it. Thinking of getting an RV and VIP, so going the "easy" route if ya know what I mean. A shower at the ready and all that.

If I heard it from Jeff's mouth with my own ears I would still be weary!

Trying to make plans regardless. I have plenty of vacation time and I don't think there will be a full tour next year so what the hell.

Hoping Jack Johnson goes back too.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Yeah, I agree. My friends went to Bonnaroo last year for the first time and LOVED it. Thinking of getting an RV and VIP, so going the "easy" route if ya know what I mean. A shower at the ready and all that.

If I heard it from Jeff's mouth with my own ears I would still be weary!

Trying to make plans regardless. I have plenty of vacation time and I don't think there will be a full tour next year so what the hell.

One of my good friends went to Bonnaroo a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you'll have a blast, just don't start planning the trip around a Pearl Jam appearance!
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

This is the only reason I brought it up - it was a very reliable source that booked Lolla last year, not a random rumor. I feel like if you are prepared for the announcement should it become official its going to be that much cheaper to fly etc.
  • Options
    Can anybody give me some details of this, Im not from the US but may be in the mid-west next summer. What are the dates ? Can you buy day tickets or weekend only ? How much are they ?

Thanks
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    BeerBaron wrote:
    http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Looks like June 12-15 is the likely weekend...

Hopefully that can/will change as Fathers Day is June 15th.
  • Options
    Hopefully that can/will change as Fathers Day is June 15th.

Fathers day fell on the Sunday of bonnaroo last year, I remember calling home during the white stripes...I'm pretty sure it was the same for previous years as well
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Fathers day fell on the Sunday of bonnaroo last year, I remember calling home during the white stripes...I'm pretty sure it was the same for previous years as well

If the rumor of PJ playing is true, when do you think they would play? Is it like Lollapalooza and a last day (sunday) thing?
  • Options
    If the rumor of PJ playing is true, when do you think they would play? Is it like Lollapalooza and a last day (sunday) thing?

I would say either Friday or Saturday night, they usually leave the closing night to one of the roo veterans...widespread panic, phil lesh, etc...

just to give you an idea last year it was

Friday Tool
    Saturday The Police
    Sunday Widespread Panic

and in 2006 it was

Friday Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
    Saturday Radiohead
    Sunday Phil Lesh and Friends
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    hope they are not true cuz I will NOT go to Bonnaroo to see them

so lets up for other show in better places
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    This rumor comes up every year and nothing ever happens. But with Lolla I think being a success for them I would think that the possibility of it happening now are much greater than any other time before this.

I will be going to Roo again regardless, but there sure would be a hell of a lot more anticipation on my part if Pearl Jam were there. Guess we'll find out for sure in Februrary.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    This rumor comes up every year and nothing ever happens. But with Lolla I think being a success for them I would think that the possibility of it happening now are much greater than any other time before this.

I will be going to Roo again regardless, but there sure would be a hell of a lot more anticipation on my part if Pearl Jam were there. Guess we'll find out for sure in Februrary.

Yes, I agree. Have decided against the RV since it is wayyyyy too expensive for what it is. Going for VIP tix tho. Taking a van to pack up all our stuff, and heading there w/ a family that has boy scouts, so we will be well prepared!
    My first trip being planned for next year!!
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:

I agree and I can't remember the exact wording but Matt Cameron made a comment In Deep about European crowds and their camping habits. How cool it was.
  • Options
    So the Bonnaroo promoters are "squashing" the Metallica and Led Zep rumors, but they didn't for the Pearl Jam rumor. Seems a little positive.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86134

Crosses fingers..as this is causing some trepidation ;)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    So the Bonnaroo promoters are "squashing" the Metallica and Led Zep rumors, but they didn't for the Pearl Jam rumor. Seems a little positive.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86134

Crosses fingers..as this is causing some trepidation ;)
    "The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and AC Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com

It doesn't specifically mention led zep and metallica so that more likely refers to ALL rumours.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    My friends that went last year said they did the same thing with Tool when those rumors came out, then they played, so who the hell knows. Just waiting until they announce is the only way to really "know".