Options

*** Munich Fanviews here 12/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    Is that birthday girl on this board? It's really fenomenal that she got a song played for her and I saw Ed brought her some wine (I think it was her because it was right after the song). I'm not sure when and how the first group came inside, we were told that the early early ones where just let in, but that was not more than 20 people. I was in the venue very fast (would have been even earlier if the right line wouldn't go faster than ours) but there were already quite some people in - those were the "first rowers".
    Justyna. That's her name. She's a friend of ours (travelling on the Polish bus to Munich and back to Chorzow). We were amongst the first ones to enter the venue. Running down the stairs she noticed Eddie who was leaving behind the stage just after the soundcheck had finished. She called at him, he stopped for a while and talked to Justyna and someone else from the Polish group. She told Eddie about her birthday and that she'd like to hear All those yesterdays (Remember Eddie's words at the concert? '...and we are not gonna play it);)' So Eddie's gift for her was PT, a glass of wine and a harmonica that he played during Footsteps.
    Here's the photo of eddie caught by surprise:
    DSC01219.JPG
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    lucky you! You got in much earlier than the seccond group, an hour possibly?
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    DarkStar wrote:
    copdustress has some great photos of eddie when he climbed on to the speakers on mikes side to sing to the crowd...he was directly in front of us...there's one photo in particular that the gals are going to love...and it's not sexual.

she also has a nice photo of ed handing a tambourine to someone...so...hopefully she can upload her photos when she gets a chance!
    Hey Liam :)

Yes, I got some cool photos. I will be uploading them soon. I just got home from London :o:)

What a tour. Munich was amazing. Front row left of Mike, but still managed to see everyting. took some vids, pics, had fun, smiled, cried...everything.

I dont know what to say. I think I wrote too much in London thread. :o

Munich and London were the best show so far. Not in that order :D
    Im seriously scared of whats gonna happen in Copenhagen. I KNOW it will be special, but after London..Can it get any better???
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    http://www.f4kin-up.net/fullmp3.asp?P=8

(scroll down)

I kind of found this by accident - a very lucky find
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    sj.brodie wrote:
    http://www.f4kin-up.net/fullmp3.asp?P=8

(scroll down)

I kind of found this by accident - a very lucky find

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    the lossles version can be found at:
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/
    http://www.thetradersden.org/
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Can't upload it now, but I've got a shot of a huge grimace on Ed's face moments before he was gonna slam the mic stand down.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Here we go. Note Ed's photos, esp the puppie face one :o

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2577&l=c86e3&id=500399631
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2575&l=0d86a&id=500399631

Let me know if you guys cant view these.
  • Options
    InHiding77InHiding77 Posts: 27

Haha, I found me and my friend from your photos :D:D Photo 43 - I´m a woman with blue t-shirt :D Have to say that I really didn´t sit during the concert, only before it!

Btw, great photos, specially those Ed´s photos...
    Berlin 09/2006, Munich 06/2007
  • Options
    ParadajzarParadajzar Posts: 435

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2577&l=c86e3&id=500399631

Hi Sidonija,

great pictures..you were really close...I saw this picture of a sign on the left side( HE IS OFF AGAIN)..well we were just left of it...man, I was so into the show(also a bit drunk) and was waving towards the sign with my red shirt at the last quarter of the show( i was hoping they would play it)...haha...I was kinda looking fullish probably..but I was a 'bit' drunk and the show was incredible...maybe even better than Zagreb

I hope it is not their last Euro tour...
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • Options
    dunat wrote:
    Hi Sidonija,

great pictures..you were really close...I saw this picture of a sign on the left side( HE IS OFF AGAIN)..well we were just left of it...man, I was so into the show(also a bit drunk) and was waving towards the sign with my red shirt at the last quarter of the show( i was hoping they would play it)...haha...I was kinda looking fullish probably..but I was a 'bit' drunk and the show was incredible...maybe even better than Zagreb

I hope it is not their last Euro tour...
    Hey Damire. Thanks. we missed each other again this tour :o
    Im glad you had fun. and NO, its not their last Euro tour, but we wont
    be seeing them for a while, thats for sure. But, it wont be 6 years, so no worries. :)
  • Options
    InHiding77 wrote:
    Haha, I found me and my friend from your photos :D
    Photo 43 - I´m a woman with blue t-shirt :D Have to say that I really didn´t sit during the concert, only before it!

Btw, great photos, specially those Ed´s photos...
    :) awesome. Small world, eh? ;)

Those Ed's pics im very proud of :o
  • Options
    Im listening to this boot pretty much all day. Second encore is so good that it hurts. Im gonna cry :o
    The whole show was amazing. Cried like a baby and then laughed during the show. Even cried during an amazing souncheck when I heard Inside Job and got soooo excited when they did Love Reign O'er Me. It sounds amazing. :)

But, this boot. thank you whoever taped it.
  • Options
    williamwilliam Posts: 5
    "come on come on" they said to me while I ran for the train to Munich from at the Zurich train station. I was thinking of some cheesy film noire with, not Bogart, me in it but my out of breath body couldn't add up an image to focus on. I eventually made it to Munich thinking the Beatles has playes there in 1966 and their performace captured for eternity on tv and now on dvd :)

anywho, I felt like a used tire not a third wheel but a used tire left on the road from an art show I had just had at Arndt & Partner in Zurich.

Jumping to the concert, it was great to see Perl Jam start with Sometimes. Last time I heard that live was in West Palm Beach, FL (2000).
    Inside Job, Blood and Given to Fly were stand outs but the Who cover was really special to "always" hear.

I should ad that I was late coming into the first song as I did in Albany, NY in 2003.

:P
  • Options
    EvaEva Posts: 73
    it has been a great show as usual !!
    I found the set list wonderful, and my friend who did not know the band and discovered it this evening was really enthousiastic !!
    the only thing is that the show was too short but even it would have been for 3 hours it is always not enough ;-)
  • Options
    They played Sad! It was my second Pearl Jam concert and also the second time I heard Sad.. Lucky me! I was completely overwhelmed when I heard it the first time.. but then again in Munich.. wow!
    No More was also something I didn't expect.. incredible song, I was really moved to tears..
    I think everything was just perfect.. heard many songs I wanted to hear (not all, but this is really impossible^^)

Bodacious show!
  • Options
    They played Sad! It was my second Pearl Jam concert and also the second time I heard Sad.. Lucky me! I was completely overwhelmed when I heard it the first time.. but then again in Munich.. wow!
    No More was also something I didn't expect.. incredible song, I was really moved to tears..
    I think everything was just perfect.. heard many songs I wanted to hear (not all, but this is really impossible^^)

Bodacious show!
    Yes, Sad was a nice surprise. i think its getting on to be a *regular* ;)
    I heard it twice this tour I think and a few more, at least once before. its always great to hear it live.
    Like I mentioned before in another thread. i totaly didnt expect him to No More, it was amazing. I cried like a baby :o He gets his entire sould into that song, well at every song, but this one was just wow. And at Wembley too :)

Heres my Sometimes video of the show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQ-P6ObfMs
  • Options
    One of my videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YrL1nQjBOI

Got pushed back during the show :/

Some of my photos: http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/metsophorte/pearl%20jam%20in%20munich/
    The quality is not really the best..
  • Options
    One of my videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YrL1nQjBOI

Got pushed back during the show :/

Some of my photos: http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/metsophorte/pearl%20jam%20in%20munich/
    The quality is not really the best..
    Footsteps was awesome. thanks for the vid. :)
    ooooh, cool pics. nice to see the scenography from behind. yay. :)
  • Options
    SpankensenSpankensen Posts: 34
    This was my second concert, but my first one with 10c tickets...I was able to get right up front and was standing in front of Stone, who was the most sweetest person ever...he was having such a good time :) and so were we...he kept leaning over, smiling and gesturing...god knows what he wanted, but it was fun to watch and smile back....and Eddie was just absolutely brilliant...didn't talk alot between the songs (I quite missed that!), but looked f*ckin' smashin'!!!!!! and his voice was incredible....loved the part before the long oooooohhhhh in Betterman....Mike lost a bit of weight...was quite funny when Eddie introduced him to the crowd :) and of course, Jeff and Matt were magic...all I can say is that it was the most mind-blowing experience ever and I still wake up every morning with a Pearl Jam song in my head....just like I've been doing for the last 16 years...anyway, thanks for reading my blabla :) and hope you enjoy the two pictures

P.S. Silly silly me...I just realised that I have to open some kind of web-photo-sharing-thingy for you guys to see the pictures...I'll do that and post them later .... oops!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    You must have been standing somewhere close to where I was. :) Looking forward to your photos...maybe you have the one with the caught Slovenian flag..?.!.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    I probably was :) I remember a small packet (looked like a packed flag or other piece of material) flying by...eddie picked it up and stuck it in his back pocket....or was it the other flag (wasn't bundled up in a packet), which was picked up by Boom (after he pushed poor Stone to the side :) I had the white and green concert t-shirt on from last year (surfboards on the back)....it was one of the best positions....we got to see Eddie and Stone up close :) by the way, if I'm not able to figure out this web-sharing-photo thing, could you give me your e-mail address and I can send them to you :)
  • Options
    Here are some pictures of the Munich concert...they're not the best quality, but hey, who cares :) as long as you get the feeling.....have fun, 'cause I certainly did

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa230/Spankensen/

please scroll down to see the pictures :) thx
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Yeah! The small one..that you thought it was packed..that was the Slovenian..I bend it..so that it was more "flyable" if you know what I mean..my throwing could be better but I had to do it quickly..he picked it up and yes..he put it in his pants..
    Thanks for the photos. If you have some more from the end of the concert or the flag..you can send it also on my email: b6rb6r6@gmail.com

Btw I really like the light - rays on the first two photos..kind of artistic :)
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    TigerlilyTigerlily Posts: 4
    Hello, everybody!!
    I was lucky to take part in 2 PJ gigs this year (and also 1 in Katowice, 15th Jun 2000) and out of these three concerts, the one in Munich was the greatest! It was a fantastic thing that I could stand so close to the stage (about 5 meters from the rails) it was the first time it's happened to me. I could see Mike very well, and also the rest of the band. Now I realise how much I missed by not going near the stage the previous time (I had a seat in a faraway sector). It's something absolutely out of this world to be so close to the band, with crowds of people around you, who feel the same as you and the music makes you feel as unity. I will never forget that. I enjoyed looking at people from time to time, who sang, moved to the music and were so touched by what was going on ( I was especially impressed by a group of Italians, who I later met on the bus to Chorzów, Katowice)... it's simply amazing...
    I loved the set, too, somehow PJ managed to play my favourite songs.
    After waiting for the concert for 7 years, I would have been hungry for even more ;) but, luckily I had one more gig ahead of me (Katowice, here I come ;) ), so when it all finished, I was so happy to know that there was still more :)
    All in all, it was the greatest concert I have ever been to, and one of the happiest moments in my life! Even Ed mentioned the great gig in Munich on the next day...
  • Options
    Tigerlily wrote:
    Hello, everybody!!
    I was lucky to take part in 2 PJ gigs this year (and also 1 in Katowice, 15th Jun 2000) and out of these three concerts, the one in Munich was the greatest! It was a fantastic thing that I could stand so close to the stage (about 5 meters from the rails) it was the first time it's happened to me. I could see Mike very well, and also the rest of the band. Now I realise how much I missed by not going near the stage the previous time (I had a seat in a faraway sector). It's something absolutely out of this world to be so close to the band, with crowds of people around you, who feel the same as you and the music makes you feel as unity. I will never forget that. I enjoyed looking at people from time to time, who sang, moved to the music and were so touched by what was going on ( I was especially impressed by a group of Italians, who I later met on the bus to Chorzów, Katowice)... it's simply amazing...
    I loved the set, too, somehow PJ managed to play my favourite songs.
    After waiting for the concert for 7 years, I would have been hungry for even more ;) but, luckily I had one more gig ahead of me (Katowice, here I come ;) ), so when it all finished, I was so happy to know that there was still more :)
    All in all, it was the greatest concert I have ever been to, and one of the happiest moments in my life! Even Ed mentioned the great gig in Munich on the next day...
    Hey, what bus were you on? The double decker or the first one?
    I was on the second one, but cant figure out who you are...:o
  • Options
    I was not on the doubledecker, but the other one, which took people from Katowice to Munich, and then back to Katowice :) I saw these Italians when we stopped near Munich, at the petrol station, for shopping and shower :)
  • Options
    Tigerlily wrote:
    I was not on the doubledecker, but the other one, which took people from Katowice to Munich, and then back to Katowice :) I saw these Italians when we stopped near Munich, at the petrol station, for shopping and shower :)
    Oh yeah, ok, i thought you were on the other one. :)
    So we havent met then. or we might have somewhere else, who knows? :)

And yes, Munich was a great show (despite all that craziness about going in, omg, dont even wanna recall that).
    Edide was so happy, you could totally tell he was enjoying it so much, so were the rest of them :)
  • Options
    Craziness, yes... At the beginning I was standing in the 4th row, Sometimes was ok, but then, with Porch, people around me went crazy, I couldn't stand, and twice I nearly lost my glasses :) so, I moved about 3 metres back, and there it was fine, everybody moved as they liked, without pushing and trampling others. Still, I was very close to the stage (the closest ever) A friend of mine, from Slovakia (Bea, I hope you read this :) ), got badly hurt when she was near the stage and the guards had to pull her out of the crowd. She got a few bad bruises and then she went to the back.

Ed didn't seem very talkative, but you could see he was happy and entranced with the energy, music... I wish I could go there again...
  • Options
    Tigerlily wrote:
    Craziness, yes... At the beginning I was standing in the 4th row, Sometimes was ok, but then, with Porch, people around me went crazy, I couldn't stand, and twice I nearly lost my glasses :) so, I moved about 3 metres back, and there it was fine, everybody moved as they liked, without pushing and trampling others. Still, I was very close to the stage (the closest ever) A friend of mine, from Slovakia (Bea, I hope you read this :) ), got badly hurt when she was near the stage and the guards had to pull her out of the crowd. She got a few bad bruises and then she went to the back.

Ed didn't seem very talkative, but you could see he was happy and entranced with the energy, music... I wish I could go there again...
    Well, not sure about the crowd. its always a little rougher in the middle and in front of Mike but I was on the side of Mike, in front of a speaker what Eddie came on later.
    I meant the craziness before the show when they totally messed our system. we had a list stated since 7 am, and at 4 they let VIP package ppl in the venue, and then starting ppl in, anyone who had a 10c. didnt matter that like 50 of us had bags to bring to the bus and pick up the tickets. so we were all squished like birds in cages in that little hallway for like half an hour, no air...then we tried to save the situation but nobody listened. anyhow, it was messed up and not even 10c could help (or would).nvm. i still got to the front, but im sure some ppl who were there first since eraly in the am didnt :(
    The show was awesome tho. and Eddie was good. He liked the crowd and all, trust me. compared to Poland and Vienna he talked a lot :)