Options

*** Munich Fanviews here 12/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    drngdrng Posts: 36
    Short? It lasted two hours...

One german guy said the floor was sold out. I enjoyed every second of it.
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    Such an amazing setlist. Probably the best ever. For me. I couldn't believe, that they've started with Sometimes. I was just like, o my god, is this realy happening to me? I've heard Sad and Footsteps for the first time. The last one was just perfect. So I have no voice left now because I was screaming and singing..I always wanted to hear Footsteps in live. Now, I've got it. Such a dream come true. And yeah, I can't forget to mention No more war, Present Tense. Anf of course. Inside job. Mike did a great job. Amazing. Every Pj fan should have seen this concert.
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    It was just like every song i've always wanted to hear live (except black, but maybe at southside) was played - in ONE SINGLE show, that was so amazing. After every Song I thought "WOOOW that was amazing, it can't get better", but it got better with every song!
    17 new songs to me on my second show, it was the perfect opposite to Bern (Bern was also amazing of course, but very different)
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    What a f-ckin killer show this was!!.

It could have been shit for me, my plane was late so arrived 17.30 in munich and had to take a cab for 60 euro to the arena and then I was trying to find the chorzow bus but didn´t so went around in the arena and asked people if they seen any polish people(everybody looked at as if I were a psycho=). Finally someone say that they all had "can´t find a eddieman" t-shirts. Finally I found "pajo" So I was calmed and loaded like shit for the gig

When they opened with Sometimes I just felt it were to be a good one. And blood in the end was sooooooo good. The only thing that were a little bit stranged was that the audience were pretty still. When they started the last encore I moved back to relax but was running forward as soon a blood started and it was no jumping among the jammers It felt like it was just me. But in all This was sooo good.
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    drng wrote:
    Short? It lasted two hours...

Hm ... Some guys at the German message boards say that the playlist had some more songs on it originally and that Eddie made signs to the rest of the band that he couldn't sing any longer. I don't know about this as I couldn't see it (15th row or something like that).

But well as I said: It's been just a feeling I didn't look at my watch ;)
  • Options
    eddiegoeddiego Posts: 3
    Eddie made signs to the rest of the band (specially to Matt) that he couldn't sing any longer, after Baba o'riley. probably they had one more song on the original setlist.
    i saw those signs clearly from G1 sector where i was.

maybe Blood at the end of the show tired his voice.

Diego
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    AndiM wrote:
    Hm ... Some guys at the German message boards say that the playlist had some more songs on it originally and that Eddie made signs to the rest of the band that he couldn't sing any longer. I don't know about this as I couldn't see it (15th row or something like that).

But well as I said: It's been just a feeling I didn't look at my watch ;)

not surpriced... the boys just gave all into it. still just amazed . couldnt sleep after the gig either (despite spend whole day drinking and coming back home at 4am ...) just couldnt...
    one would expect at least part of the encore being slower but instead BLOOOOOOOD ! damn.... crazy ....
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    fucking great show
    unbelieveable setlist

Im so happy I was there!! :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    jumpincatjumpincat Posts: 68
    Is this The Neil Young cover from Freedom?
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    AnaPharmaAnaPharma Posts: 27
    You lucky guys!

I wish Pearl Jam had played that set list here in Portugal :(

I hope you had an amazing time!, although I envy you :P eheh lolol
    "See the path cut by the Moon, for you to walk on"
  • Options
    BerthaBertha Posts: 11
    Greetings to all you lucky ones! I was there too, and I still can´t believe it. I´d seen them in Hamburg twice in 1993, changed my life, so Munich was kind of like a stroll down memory lane and "wow, isn´t that great we´re growing old together?". A bit strange seeing them in a venue that large, especially since my friend and I were seated pretty far from the stage (no more arena cards available) and the Hamburg venues had been far more intimate (back in the old days...), but the sheer power of the music and the spirit still blew me away and reached every corner of the place as well as of my heart and soul. They have kept the vigour of youth and enhanced it with the wisdom of experience. Irresistible!

One thing is for sure: I won´t wait another fourteen years to see them again.

By the way: the Hurricane festival is located about five miles from where I grew up, so when I heard PJ would headline there this year, I was like "whoah, they´re touching my native soil!" As I can´t afford to go there, I´m very much looking forward to the posts of those of you who will be at the Hurricane festival - I hope there are any, please don´t let me down!

And have a very good time.

Bertha
    I am a lie that always tells the truth (Jean Cocteau)
  • Options
    goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    ok
    finally i have a normal internet connection.
    so: i will not talk about the stuff and mess that went on before the show, regarding 10c entrance etc.
    the show was spectacular, with a soundcheck that almost completely fulfilled itself. sometimes was insane (and it got quite loud and up-tempo at the end, right? i liked it. liked it A LOT!)
    Down, I got shit, present tense, so many treats i can't even begin to describe my pleasure
    loved stone's hat :D

regarding what people say here about them cutting it short:
    tamar, the girl that went with me to the show, got the setlist from kerensa,
    and the only song they skipped was Black, which was meant to be played before Alive.

here are some photos i took before, during and after (including t-shirt, ticket, and original setlist):
    http://picasaweb.google.com/etye.st/PearlJam20070612Munich
    (i'm in the light blue shirt)

that's it for me for this tour

the rest of you - enjoy!!!
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    The show was fucking AMAZING!

i was in a 3rd row in front of mike and eddie, got a Mike's pick, it's my second one now (got it in Zagreb last year too :)

great show, have met nice people,

greetings to Tyler from Canada!

BYE
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    just read on the RM forum, that Ed came down the stage and asked the 1st group of 10c-ers for request, that's how he new about that girls birthday.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    AndiMAndiM Posts: 102
    I don't know if they'll ever read it: But thx to the Italian couple behind me who found my wallet on the floor and brought it to the security :-).
  • Options
    madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    Mine wrote:
    just read on the RM forum, that Ed came down the stage and asked the 1st group of 10c-ers for request, that's how he new about that girls birthday.

i was in the first group and i can assure you i didn't see ed anywhere
  • Options
    I believe you, we were probably close to, i was behind a group of italians there. This was posted by Bartek at the RM. I was in front of what i think was the seccond group, we started going down at 6.
  • Options
    InHiding77InHiding77 Posts: 27
    I was in Munich, too! So f**king amazing show! The tickets were not sold out but the feeling was sooo good and PJ really got into the songs. And "No More"... what a great performance... (could someone say for me, what song is it, a cover??)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this gig...really nice to read the comments!

Keep on rocking in the free world and greetings from Finland! \m/

*Berlin 09-23-2006*
    *Munich 06-12-2007*
    Berlin 09/2006, Munich 06/2007
  • Options
    It's ed's new song for the film body of war
  • Options
    InHiding77InHiding77 Posts: 27
    Mine wrote:
    It's ed's new song for the film body of war

Thank you!!
    Berlin 09/2006, Munich 06/2007
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Is that birthday girl on this board? It's really fenomenal that she got a song played for her and I saw Ed brought her some wine (I think it was her because it was right after the song). I'm not sure when and how the first group came inside, we were told that the early early ones where just let in, but that was not more than 20 people. I was in the venue very fast (would have been even earlier if the right line wouldn't go faster than ours) but there were already quite some people in - those were the "first rowers".

Also I hope that more photos will be posted. Some are awesome (you guys must have had great cameras because my photos are crap).
    I would be especially happy with the one before the final bow when Eddie was interacting with the crowd and blew me a kiss and caught my little flag.
    Am also looking forward to see some videos. The band was also filming! Yeah! Good times ahead I tell you ;)
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    InHiding77 wrote:
    I was in Munich, too! So f**king amazing show! The tickets were not sold out but the feeling was sooo good and PJ really got into the songs. And "No More"... what a great performance... (could someone say for me, what song is it, a cover??)

I managed to record the song on video from my spot on the outer right of first row - quite good quality (500 mb). I'll try to upload it somewhere soon.
    2006: Verona, Berlin / 2007: Munich, London, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Just posting links, I think I've posted em before but am not totally sure :)

Betterman-video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLyrotEbwM
    Betterman-video to download: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=JMCSD63A

...and pictures: http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/esoterischefische/PEARLJAMmunich/
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    ok, guess guys in London got what we had in Munich ... what a tour!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    hi, i was in munich too!!what an incredibly amazing show!it was my third pj show after bologna and verona last year, but the first one abroad..the setlist was great!!!sometimes,footsteps,sad,down,baba o'riley,etc..well done for the girl who ask for present tense(one of my favourites)..it was funny to see so many foreigners in the same place for that concert!is it good the sound of the munich bootlegs?i read here that someone taped the show and now i am in search of the best option..thank you in advance!
    ciao!
    marco
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I need any photos/vids of Rearview mirror!!!!! specially at the end, when Mike caught my shirt and hended me the setlist... anything at all?

einatshaul@hotmail.com
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    I need any photos/vids of Rearview mirror!!!!! specially at the end, when Mike caught my shirt and hended me the setlist... anything at all?

einatshaul@hotmail.com

I don't have good experiences with finding photos from the shows. Last year I was looking for a handshake photo (Eddie)..this year for a blown kiss(Eddie) and a caught Slovenian mini flag at the end of the show before the bows (which is maybe more likely because It was happening on stage)..

Good luck :) Maybe there will be a shot from some video..But I feel your need, hehe. You'll always have memories... and the setlist!
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Stereotype wrote:
    Is that birthday girl on this board? It's really fenomenal that she got a song played for her and I saw Ed brought her some wine (I think it was her because it was right after the song). I'm not sure when and how the first group came inside, we were told that the early early ones where just let in, but that was not more than 20 people. I was in the venue very fast (would have been even earlier if the right line wouldn't go faster than ours) but there were already quite some people in - those were the "first rowers".

Also I hope that more photos will be posted. Some are awesome (you guys must have had great cameras because my photos are crap).
    I would be especially happy with the one before the final bow when Eddie was interacting with the crowd and blew me a kiss and caught my little flag.
    Am also looking forward to see some videos. The band was also filming! Yeah! Good times ahead I tell you ;)
    copdustress has some great photos of eddie when he climbed on to the speakers on mikes side to sing to the crowd...he was directly in front of us...there's one photo in particular that the gals are going to love...and it's not sexual.

she also has a nice photo of ed handing a tambourine to someone...so...hopefully she can upload her photos when she gets a chance!

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    I was on Stone's side...
    But looking forward to that anyway :)

____