Options

Liam Finn is F'ing Sweet!!!

Brauney4PJBrauney4PJ Posts: 14
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Not sure if there is already a thread for this, but I have to comment about this issue. Liam is amazing...so far I have gone to 3 shows (Santa Cruz & both Berkeley's) and from the very 1st one I have been going nutz about Liam. Ed is obviously more amazing than words can describe but I knew that going in to the tour...I knew nothing of Liam Finn. As I am posting this though I can tell you that I am listening to and loving his solo debut CD that he signed for me after one of his sets a couple of nights ago. He is also a really nice dude so that makes it easy to be a fan. IF YOU ARE GOING TO ANY EDDIE VEDDER SOLO SHOWS...MAKE SURE TO GET THERE EARLY ENOUGH TO SEE LIAM ROCK IT OUT!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I got him autograph his cd "I'll Be Lightning," and also I had him autograph the page that has his information from the Sniper Program.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I heard he's playing over here in a couple of weeks... It pleased me no end to see that his IRISH tour included London :D rather than the Irish dates being part of a UK tour or a UK and Ireland tour like the lazy acts do (and yes, I mean YOU too PJ) so MAJOR props (whatever the fuck that means) to Mr. Finn :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    May 5 - San Francisco - Bottom of the Hill

be there. :D

http://www.bottomofthehill.com/images/0508.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    yeah i really enjoyed him, hes got music in his blood and he sounds so much like his dad but hes got more punk rock in his voice and music style.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    liam is a blast!! can't wait to see him again saturday :)
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    And what a sweet guy to talk to. He took all the time to talk and sign autographs after the show..he is one kick ass hyper performer!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    jimed14 wrote:

hell yeah! i told liam when he signed my cd that i was happy that he'd be back in town :) he's great.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I LOVE Liam! He is such a hobbit! :eek:

Seriously he is amazing though! Sometimes reminds me of the Shins, but then he is like animal on the drums! LOVE him! :D:D
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I will do my darndest to get there!
  • Options
    I heard he's playing over here in a couple of weeks... It pleased me no end to see that his IRISH tour included London :D rather than the Irish dates being part of a UK tour or a UK and Ireland tour like the lazy acts do (and yes, I mean YOU too PJ) so MAJOR props (whatever the fuck that means) to Mr. Finn :)

You should definitely go!

Haha yeah, usually it is the other way around! ;)

(she said "MAJOR props!) :p;)
  • Options
    leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    Thanks to the Ed shows ive been exposed to Liam Finn and love his work! Bought his album, really like it, but seeing him live is better. He signed my Sniper Program too! Hes awesome, dont miss him at the shows.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    nooram wrote:

thanks for that link. it was damn cool.

we're getting invaded by finn's in the next 2 months. i think i should go see this kat for sure. crazy shit man. love when dave asks if everyone is alright over there at the end :)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    I just met Liam in LA and he is awesome (his set in Santa Barbara was plain amazing - Old Man!)...think he was surprised to be recognized
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I have repeated this exact sentiment in a couple of threads! The man is amazing!! His cd is top notch! I am going to see him next month open for someone in NYC and can't freaking wait! I hope EJ is with him then!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    waupaca11waupaca11 los angeles Posts: 88
    I saw Liam at Spaceland in LA a month ago and was blown away. I was talking to Jon Brion about him the night before cause I know Jon is friends with Liam's dad and wanted his take on him. Jon has known Liam since the bearded one was 13 and if you know Jon's live work at all you can see his influence on Liam's live show.

Anyway, Liam and EJ and pure magic to see live and i'm so glad some many PJ fans are getting to witness his amazing talent.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 East Troy, Noblesville
    2000 Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino
    2003 Irvine, San Diego, East Troy
    2006 Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara
    2008 LA (Who Tribute)
    2009 LA3, San Diego
    2011 Eddie in Long Beach
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 LA1 & LA2, Milwaukee
    2016 FtL, Miami, Tampa, Jax
    2018 Seattle 2, Missoula
    2022 LA1 LA2 Fresno
    2023 Austin 1 Austin 2
    2024 LA1 LA2
  • Options
    stupid question, but is Liam Finn Neil Finn's son????
    love is free
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    stupid question, but is Liam Finn Neil Finn's son????

not a stupid question...
    but YES, Liam is Neil Finns son.
    He also used to play in a band called betchadupa which supported PJ in Australia in '03
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    thanks for the answer, guaranteed he's great!! Are you going or have you been to any of Ed's shows??
    love is free