Options

Please sell Honolulu Klausen during Vic Show!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
C'mon santos, sounds fair to me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Would be interesting if they did something like a sale for folks that were shut out of the vic show, to spread the PJ love ...

Offer up something that only the folks that *didn't* get tickets can buy ... might make people clam up a bit ...

I mean if they did this, would the folks that got into the Vic really complain?

Note: I'm *not* pushing for it ... it's just a thought.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hahahahahaha.....brilliant!! :D:D
  • Options
    sweet-adeline? I'm waiting for your insults...
    HELLO??? Hope all is well with you, I just had an idea, posted it to the board, it's been there for more than 5 minutes and you haven't talked any smack yet.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    you are asuming the people at the show dont have friends to try for them.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    :rolleyes:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502
    or people like me who have a pda phone with internet on it. ive snagged 2 of them on it already, haha
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    how does fucking over people who got lucky sound fair?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    yeah, if I had a PDA I would for sure be buying Pearl Jam posters during the Vic show!
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    bostonlou wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

As I put it, it's a potential way to spread the PJ love for all ... just one time to pacify those not lucky enough to get in ...

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    jimed14 wrote:
    As I put it, it's a potential way to spread the PJ love for all ... just one time to pacify those not lucky enough to get in ...

Good point.....I' can't honestly believe that we would have members that would be sooo FUCKING greedy as to not support such a noble gesture.....Enjoy the show rock out at the Vic and take pleasure in knowing those who were not lucky enough to score a ticket have been thrown a bone! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    I personally dont care. I only try for posters of shows I was at. But if I was at Hawaii I'd be a little annoyed that I was unable to get a poster because I lucked out and got a VIC ticket. I wouldnt complain about it though.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,255
    I have it on solid authority that some posters will be up for sale in the Goods section while PJ rocks the Vic:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45895

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45518

and

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45144
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    What is actually going to happen is that Hawaii, DC and Italy will all be available for $20 each at the Vic show, along with the Vic poster :)

ha ha ... the absolute evil side of me wonders about this with giggles and chortles, I'm not going to the Vic, but, man, this place would *explode*, and it might be fun to watch ...

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    ha ha ... the absolute evil side of me wonders about this with giggles and chortles, I'm not going to the Vic, but, man, this place would *explode*, and it might be fun to watch ...

It would be the end of the PIT. maybe the world??

• Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I have it on solid authority that some posters will be up for sale in the Goods section while PJ rocks the Vic:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45895

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45518

and

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45144

I hope these 3 make it to Hot today... HAHAHAH

5min till fairey time!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    pjtaper wrote:
    C'mon santos, sounds fair to me!

oh that would be evil
    I LIKE IT!!!
    I'd prefer dc 06 instead
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    pjtaper wrote:
    I hope these 3 make it to Hot today... HAHAHAH

5min till fairey time!

what's fairey time?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    http://www.obeygiant.com
    Every Tues, Noon Pacific, a new Fairey poster goes up for sale... They are usually all very similar looking, but sometimes very cool... Nothing compared to EMEKs work!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    http://www.obeygiant.com
    Every Tues, Noon Pacific, a new Fairey poster goes up for sale... They are usually all very similar looking, but sometimes very cool... Nothing compared to EMEKs work!

I wasn't big into the poster thing a few months ago, had a few PJ posters of the shows I went to ... but, after going to Coachella, and picking up that piece from EMEK, he's got me hooked ...

I've since looked at some of the other artists that are big, and the whole Fairey thing escapes me ... to each their own.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I wasn't big into the poster thing a few months ago, had a few PJ posters of the shows I went to ... but, after going to Coachella, and picking up that piece from EMEK, he's got me hooked ...

I've since looked at some of the other artists that are big, and the whole Fairey thing escapes me ... to each their own.
    I also agree, I believe Fairey sucks... but people love his artwork, so I trade it for EMEK posters!
    I traded for a EMEK Coachella poster, it's quite beautiful!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I also agree, I believe Fairey sucks... but people love his artwork, so I trade it for EMEK posters!
    I traded for a EMEK Coachella poster, it's quite beautiful!

astonishing is what I'd call it ... especially when you go to his site and see the 13 color process, what a bitch that must have been.

• Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    pjtaper wrote:
    sweet-adeline? I'm waiting for your insults...
    HELLO??? Hope all is well with you, I just had an idea, posted it to the board, it's been there for more than 5 minutes and you haven't talked any smack yet.

sorry, i was out to lunch.

i actually like your idea for once, but thats only cuz i didn't get vic tix. had i gotten tix to the show, i might think otherwise of your idea.
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    PJTaper you should start a Petition for yourself to get into Vic Theatre. I would definitely sign your petition to get into the Vic Theatre, especially with the picture of Nipple Dude during last years tour in Camden parking lot.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    I'm ok with not going to the Vic...
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    why is this poster thread in given to fly?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    because it is kind of a VIC bitch thread.