Options

To state the obvious, Pearl jam absolutley shit over everyone else.....

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Ok i know this is a pearl jam fanview, but i just wanted to vent some frustration, i saw Guns n roses last night in sydney and they were absolutly shocking, and i walked away thinking, how good was pearl jam last November?

Pearl jam have and always will be my favourite band, but i thought i wud go to the gunners and see a good show. They charge $170, In comparison to pearl jam last yr charging $100 playing at the same venue.

What was wrong wit the gunners? They didnt come out till midnight, The sound was absolutly shocking, could not here any real defining lyrics in the songs that i didnt know, the pretenders that were on stage with axel played solos that were far too long and not even any good and axel changed outfits about 4 times. Who does he think he is britany spears?

It was the 1st time i have seen a concert where i wanted it to end.

On the plus side, the pyro technics were outstanding, and their hits were pretty good. But all in all 5/10 for the gig.

So i have just vented my frustration, and i cant wait to see pearl jam again, they r the benchmark in Live music.

Ok have fun, see ya.
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    sorry to hear about the bad show. sucks you paid that much. was the crowd into it at all?

and yes, pj does shit over everyone else live :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Ok i know this is a pearl jam fanview, but i just wanted to vent some frustration, i saw Guns n roses last night in sydney and they were absolutly shocking, and i walked away thinking, how good was pearl jam last November?

Pearl jam have and always will be my favourite band, but i thought i wud go to the gunners and see a good show. They charge $170, In comparison to pearl jam last yr charging $100 playing at the same venue.

What was wrong wit the gunners? They didnt come out till midnight, The sound was absolutly shocking, could not here any real defining lyrics in the songs that i didnt know, the pretenders that were on stage with axel played solos that were far too long and not even any good and axel changed outfits about 4 times. Who does he think he is britany spears?

It was the 1st time i have seen a concert where i wanted it to end.

On the plus side, the pyro technics were outstanding, and their hits were pretty good. But all in all 5/10 for the gig.

So i have just vented my frustration, and i cant wait to see pearl jam again, they r the benchmark in Live music.

Ok have fun, see ya.
    My friend went to that show last night too. She wore a Slash shirt. Ha, ha. She also said that Velvet Revolver were way better than the Gunners when she saw them.
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    Why the hell would you go see Guns N' Roses without the original line up? Guns N' Roses was Slash and Axl, not just Axl. Axl is a washed up pussy with no voice left.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I would like to see Guns.
    The last time I saw them was 92' and Sound Garden opened up for them.
    Great night.
    But, I saw Guns two years ago on Mtv awards and they sounded really bad.
    I would like to see them one more time just to see how Axel turned out.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    sorry to hear about the bad show. sucks you paid that much. was the crowd into it at all?

and yes, pj does shit over everyone else live :)

The crowd got in2 it a bit, Bumble foot or what ever his name is played the aussie anthem, and we sung it, then he played acdc back in black, in 1 of those long solos i talked about, but then he played dont cry, and i was waiting for the band to come out and play wit him, and i think the rest of the crowd were too, and it didnt happen so the crowd sung the back half of it. that pissed me off coz i like that song.

But in terms of crowd participation, they did nothing like eddie does, the crowd was packed and me and my mate, were left really dissappointed.
    Without sounding like a sleaze the best moments of the night was some topless chick, and also a guy being pulled out for crowd surfing in a mankini (what borat wears)

But while axel worked the stage it semmed really empty and fake, and i had really good seats, so i was pretty close to him. Nothing like how ed does or even ed kowalczyk from live, he is fkn awsome too.

My mates dad was supposed to be going 2nite, but on my review he has ditched it. he had free tickets so he isnt losing out on it.

have a good 1
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    Saw GnR about a year ago (first time), saw PJ about a week ago (first time). There's no doubt in my mind that PJ does indeed completely shit over GnR (and anyone else for that matter xP) but I didn't think the guns show was bad at all. Didn't quite like the guitarists' playing style (then again, how the hell could they compare to Slash anyway..) but the piano player did an amazing solo thing somewhere in the middle which was great.. Overall I enjoyed the show greatly. The big difference was that I didn't get any 'special' feeling whatsoever, whilst the PJ show last week, omg.. Don't get me started, haha :) you all know what I mean.

I'm sorry to hear that your GnR show sucked, but the one I went to about a year ago wasn't all that bad really :) I want to see VR!
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come
  • Options
    svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    pjfan31 wrote:
    The crowd got in2 it a bit, Bumble foot or what ever his name is played the aussie anthem, and we sung it, then he played acdc back in black, in 1 of those long solos i talked about, but then he played dont cry, and i was waiting for the band to come out and play wit him, and i think the rest of the crowd were too, and it didnt happen so the crowd sung the back half of it. that pissed me off coz i like that song.

Sorry for double post but just read this.. Lol, the bumblefoot guy did the exact same solo thing with dont cry a year ago.. We were all waiting for the band to burst out into the song (like the solo thing was an intro or summin) and it just didnt happen.. A little dissappointed there.. And lovely to know that at a show about a year later they do the exact same shit..

We are spoilt by PJ :)

And yea, Axl absolutely didn't connect with the crowd as much as Vedder does.. Not even close...
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I remember seeing G'N'R at leeds a few years ago when Buckethead was the guitar player,someone down the front shouted out "where's slash" and Rose went mental shouting out "slash is up my asshole prick!!"
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    svanzon wrote:
    Sorry for double post but just read this.. Lol, the bumblefoot guy did the exact same solo thing with dont cry a year ago.. We were all waiting for the band to burst out into the song (like the solo thing was an intro or summin) and it just didnt happen.. A little dissappointed there.. And lovely to know that at a show about a year later they do the exact same shit..

We are spoilt by PJ :)

And yea, Axl absolutely didn't connect with the crowd as much as Vedder does.. Not even close...

I dont think they changed their set list at all. I read somwhere that they were goin to open wit welcome tothe jungle, and finish wit paradise city.

So i had a bet wit my mate, I won happy times
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    wendy wrockswendy wrocks Posts: 135
    Axl Is So F...ing Unprofessional And Such A Frickin' Wussy Girl - He Is So Yesterday!!!!!!!!
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    pantelis79pantelis79 Posts: 156
    I saw them last year and they were very good.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    honestly Axl Rose isn't worthy enough to wipe anyone in PJ's ass... not even Boom.

not saying i don't dig GnR b/c they have some really good music but fuck Axl... he's a prick.
  • Options
    i have always said it and still today i stick to it...the most disappointed i have ever been at a concert was g-n-r...i saw them in 92 with metallica and faith no more...actually the day before montreal and the james hetfield fire...and g-n-r fucking sucked...they just had long and way too drawn out guitar solos and i swear it was 45 minutes(it felt like it) from the time axl rolled out a piano for november rain until he actually starting singing november rain.
    "I never make plans that far ahead"