Options

*** ST PAUL 1 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Buckle Up in the two slot killed a lot of energy built up from an intense, surprising and awesome opener of Indifference. Almost anything else would’ve blown up the building
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    I actually liked that one in Winnipeg
    You were probably the one person in the building that did.  ;)
    the pit dug it. I think the rest of the crowd was confused. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm gonna agree with HFD here I heard on the euro tour and enjoyed it. Granted they were 30 song sets so there was plenty of room for many songs
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    mcgruff10 said:
    Buckle Up in the two slot killed a lot of energy built up from an intense, surprising and awesome opener of Indifference. Almost anything else would’ve blown up the building
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    That’s exactly what I thought of when they went into it last night. I really didn’t want to feel that way but I did. Almost any other song would’ve been a better choice there. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,216
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    That’s exactly what I thought of when they went into it last night. I really didn’t want to feel that way but I did. Almost any other song would’ve been a better choice there. 
    One thing I liked about hearing Buckle Up was that now all I need to complete Gigaton is Comes Then Goes (which is unlikely to ever be played anyway), so I am happy if Buckle Up is a one and done for me.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,064
    After being spoiled with 3+ hour shows, these 24 song setlist seem very different. Every song you're not excited about has a bigger impact. Buckle Up when its 1 out of 33 doesn't seem so bad, but when its 1 out of 24, a little different. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  
    One thing I liked about hearing Buckle Up was that now all I need to complete Gigaton is Comes Then Goes (which is unlikely to ever be played anyway), so I am happy if Buckle Up is a one and done for me.

why is CTG unlikely to ever be played?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    After being spoiled with 3+ hour shows, these 24 song setlist seem very different. Every song you're not excited about has a bigger impact. Buckle Up when its 1 out of 33 doesn't seem so bad, but when its 1 out of 24, a little different. 
    We're on Year 2 of this and I still can't recalibrate.  I have 2 Chicago shows next week and hate the idea that 2:15 of PJ with 24 songs is 'disappointing' but I know I'll feel that way, just like i did last year even though i knew it was coming.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,216
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  

It hasn't been played yet. It is a fairly long mellow song, and mostly Ed. Maybe he would play it solo or something. I just don't see it happening if it hasn't happened yet. But I hope I am wrong. Maybe it will be played. I don't know.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Like arms aloft pj 20.  

It hasn't been played yet. It is a fairly long mellow song, and mostly Ed. Maybe he would play it solo or something. I just don't see it happening if it hasn't happened yet. But I hope I am wrong. Maybe it will be played. I don't know.

ah, I've heard others say because of the lyrical content, which confused me, since they've played Missing live. Your explanation sounds more likely. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    mace1229 said:
    For sure
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    mace1229 said:
    After being spoiled with 3+ hour shows, these 24 song setlist seem very different. Every song you're not excited about has a bigger impact. Buckle Up when it’s 1 out of 33 doesn't seem so bad, but when it’s 1 out of 24, a little different. 
    That s a real good take.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,317
    I thought the 5 songs sit down opener might extend the setlist?  apparently not!
  • Options
    Some of the guys are now 60. We should be thankful we get 24 song sets.
  • Options
    Honestly, I had a bunch of stuff going on this weekend that I normally would choose but there is part of me that thought, I just don't know how much longer they are going to do this and it was kind of a no brainer for me. Maybe they will tour until they die, but maybe they'll just one day decide to hang it up and we won't have notice. Even at 24 songs the sets are unique and it is so fun to experience being with everyone in town.
  • Options
    With all due respect, I’m tired of this take.  25% less Pearl Jam is a tough pill to swallow particularly when the ticket prices increase 50% and the seat locations get worse.  It’s still the best live concert experience out there but it’s much less than it used to be.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    stop with this please.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    stop with this please.  
    It’s obvious to me that Ed losses his voice a little later in shows now a days.  He had trouble making it through the last tour.  The set lists are intentional.  Some of the songs, like buckle up, sometimes, wishlist are easier on his throat.  Why? He is getting older.  Please stop ignoring that fact.  We get PJ on their terms not ours.  Please just enjoy them for the time we have left.   
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    stop with this please.  
    It’s obvious to me that Ed losses his voice a little later in shows now a days.  He had trouble making it through the last tour.  The set lists are intentional.  Some of the songs, like buckle up, sometimes, wishlist are easier on his throat.  Why? He is getting older.  Please stop ignoring that fact.  We get PJ on their terms not ours.  Please just enjoy them for the time we have left.   
    Eddie still smoking Marlboros these days?
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    edited September 2023
    First show of the tour, See what plays out. One show always ends up being a bit longer for some reason. Max I’m thinking will be 26-27 at a stretch at one show.  23-25 is about the norm from now on. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Is Josh with them tonight?
    Yes
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Hey y'all
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Well, my live stream fell apart.

My relayer told me to fuck off.
    My live stream died.

But I am still having a good time!!!!

Can you tell me if there will be bottled water? And not $8.00 bottled water but $1.00 bottled water? It’s water in a plastic bottle. What does that cost? Like $.08?
    $6.47 will yield 20 fluid ounces of Dasani -or- an alternate beverage choice could be the Even Flow for just under $25 
  • Options
    Hey y'all
    You are 24 hours late!!!

But its damn good to see you!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I've noticed that some people are complaining that 7 o'clock slowed the pace down but I'm glad they are playing it.  Love that song.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    I've seen Buckle Up in the #2 slot twice (Nashville & StP1) and it definitely is a downer after the much anticipated opener. Not a good slot for it. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    No Vitalogy is kind of odd 
    Perhaps they are saving it for tomorrow's Vitalogy show?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    No Vitalogy is kind of odd 
    Perhaps they are saving it for tomorrow's Vitalogy show?
    😉
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,261
    They could let Jeff sing one, Matt. Stone. Mike? That's 3/4 more songs. Maybe have Josh sing whale song. I've been fortunate to see many shows. Truly don't have the bug to go anymore. That's just my choice. If they still blazed out long shows I'd def feel diff.

Enjoy all. Sure it's still a blast. Heck I have fun sitting around here following along!!
  • Options
    I'm 100% in the same camp as you.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,270
    7 o'clock + Comes then Goes = Comatose 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin