Options

countdown to WEMBLEY!

Comments

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    You coming over for the gig then?!!!! :D

Well... I'm hoping to. It will honestly be a miracle if I do manage to make it all happen. I really don't have the funds right now... and hopefully I do manage to score a ticket (got an offer, hopefully it's not too late!). I guess it also depends on whether or not my friends are able to go to that bonnaroo festival (http://www.bonnaroo.com/), which looks alright. I really want to be at this show though... not to mention check out the Motherland, hehe. If I can land a seat sale, and get cheap accomodations, colour me there! Hopefully we can hang out, toss back a few beers!
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    pollywhopollywho Posts: 2
    I'm looking for Wembley Tickets..just found out I will be working in Eastbourne that week and will be going to the show...I hope!

Pollywho
  • Options
    jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    nuffingman wrote:
    Yes it was fun in a strange kind of way. 5 hours at the computer was longer than I was at work that day.

Bring on the 18th!!

That whole 10C ticket debacle wasn't what I would call fun - shakes, nausea, cold sweats. And the server still defeated me. Thank god for public sales!

It's hard to believe that 4 short months ago I had no idea that I would be travelling to Europe this summer, much less catching the best rock n roll show in the world while there. It's even harder to believe that in just under 5 weeks I will be there at the show!

:D
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    First the EXICTEMENT of a EUROPEAN TOUR ... then the ANXIETY of trying to get through the server and get the tickets from the TenCLub ... then THE WAITING DROVE ME MAD, but now it is ALMOST UPON US ... I only wish I were seeing more than one show, but if there had to be only one show, then it HAD TO BE WEMBLEY! Show #20 for me, and a flight from NYC to LIVERPOOL via Globespan Airlines, my favorite find EVER in the history of cool airlines ... they ONLY fly from NYC to LIVERPOOL, straight into John Lennon International Airport ... that will be just the INSPIRATION I need when landing in England!!
    I'll be looking for EVEYRONE OF YOU at the Sunday PRE-PARTY ... if you tell me you read this I will gladly buy you a pint!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    spearhead wrote:
    First the EXICTEMENT of a EUROPEAN TOUR ... then the ANXIETY of trying to get through the server and get the tickets from the TenCLub ... then THE WAITING DROVE ME MAD, but now it is ALMOST UPON US ... I only wish I were seeing more than one show, but if there had to be only one show, then it HAD TO BE WEMBLEY! Show #20 for me, and a flight from NYC to LIVERPOOL via Globespan Airlines, my favorite find EVER in the history of cool airlines ... they ONLY fly from NYC to LIVERPOOL, straight into John Lennon International Airport ... that will be just the INSPIRATION I need when landing in England!!
    I'll be looking for EVEYRONE OF YOU at the Sunday PRE-PARTY ... if you tell me you read this I will gladly buy you a pint!!

There's another drink then... ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    OK I read this. Mental note: Spearhead owes me 1 pint....

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm not that excited
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm not that excited

ahahahahahahahha
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm not that excited
    he is only excited for nude twister
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    Cheers
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    spearhead wrote:

i'll notice who you are as i'm sure you'll be WEARING a t-shirt with RANDOM capitalised WORDS on it!!!! :p

do i still get a PINT ;):D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Less than 5 weeks now! Time's just flown!

We should be getting our second emails about now, right?

You would hope so, wouldn't you?

I'm actually excited.

In fact, I'm actually so excited that I think I'm about to lose control.

I quite like it though

:)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    You would hope so, wouldn't you?

I'm actually excited.

In fact, I'm actually so excited that I think I'm about to lose control.

I quite like it though

:)

sounds like you need a PINT to calm DOwn... ;)

luckily it would appear that spearhead will be supplying them...:D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    negationistnegationist Posts: 237
    where n at what time is the sunday pre-party?
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    where n at what time is the sunday pre-party?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=231946

The first post has details for ya...
  • Options
    yep, its gonna be awesome :D
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    cant wait..............though still have to book flights!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Wembley, Croatians fans are coming!!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    SpacetoadSpacetoad Posts: 78
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pearl-Jam-tickets-Wembley-18-6-London-1ST-ROW-LOWER_W0QQitemZ110128462587QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

His next lisiting was ice to Eskimos.
    Seriously though, I didn't know any tickets had a face value of £195 - am I wrong, willing to be proved wrong.
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pearl-Jam-tickets-Wembley-18-6-London-1ST-ROW-LOWER_W0QQitemZ110128462587QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously though, I didn't know any tickets had a face value of £195 - am I wrong, willing to be proved wrong.

jaysus!! do they seriously expect to sell them at that price?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    jaysus!! do they seriously expect to sell them at that price?
    they're not even the best seats..good, but you're still quite far!
    dickhead (and even more so anyone who'd buy them)
  • Options

Ha, this seller 'the perfect seat' has relisted this exact ticket about five times. Do they not realise nobody will pay over 400 for bad seats?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Ha, this seller 'the perfect seat' has relisted this exact ticket about five times. Do they not realise nobody will pay over 400 for bad seats?

i'd probably pay 400 quid for a Lazy Boy, but then that's not a bad seat... and it has a fridge in the armrest... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    spearhead wrote:

:D you will be broke by June 18th :D
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Can't wait now, see you all there!!!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    just chased Stargreen about my tickets and they said they're going this weekend.
    Once I know what they are, I'll see who takes them ;)
  • Options
    see_the_worldsee_the_world Posts: 172
    This is good news. I went in there on Wednesday and they told me they still hadn't received them from the promoter but not to worry... this sounds like progress though.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    spearhead wrote:

hey spearhead...could it be a mixed drink instead? ;) i am not one for beer....but a good drink and i'm with ya! nice to see a 'neighbor' also making the trip over! *cheers!*

and hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooo....TODAY is EXACTLY

[size=+5]
    ONE

MORE

MONTH!!!
    [/size]

:eek:
    :p
    woooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Hmm.....3 minutes past 8.

I'm guessing that in one months time Idlewild will have just left the stage after playing an excellent half hour set and that we'll have just 27 minutes till PJ take to the stage :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Less than a month to go.....
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.