Options

countdown to WEMBLEY!

Comments

• Options
    shootenany!shootenany! Posts: 122

Idlewild will have just left the stage after playing an excellent half hour set

Nice to see someone else likes Idlewild. I thought I was going to be the only one in the whole of the arena dancing while they play! :D unless you're of those people who doesn't do dancing at gigs, then I may still be...:o
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Nice to see someone else likes Idlewild. I thought I was going to be the only one in the whole of the arena dancing while they play! :D unless you're of those people who doesn't do dancing at gigs, then I may still be...:o

Oh no my friend, I like to shake my groove thang when the mood takes me.

I'm really looking forward to Idlewild's set.....but like you said, i think we're in the minority.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    eddielovereddielover Posts: 15
    anyone know the low-down on picking up tix at wembley...? do we just need to take our booking ref? do we need ID i.e. passport? how soon before the gig can we pick the tickets up?

so many questions!!
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    eddielover wrote:
    anyone know the low-down on picking up tix at wembley...? do we just need to take our booking ref? do we need ID i.e. passport? how soon before the gig can we pick the tickets up?

so many questions!!

Yes, Yes, don't know yet :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Am I being super thick here. Where has the night before meet-up thread thingy gone?!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

MORE

WEEKS!

DAYS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i can't do 28 smileys, well fuck it then...i'll do 28 exclamation points, damnnit! :p

:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Am I being super thick here. Where has the night before meet-up thread thingy gone?!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=231946
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

MORE

WEEKS!

DAYS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i can't do 28 smileys, well fuck it then...i'll do 28 exclamation points, damnnit! :p

:D

but cmon now...hellloooooooooooooooooooooo?! are you paying attention here? 4.....more.....weeks people! let's see some damn excitement! :p

wooooohooooooooooooo!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    28 days later.....
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,418
    How will they see to that non-10cticket holders don't just move down to the floor section? It's the same entrance for all is it not?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    How will they see to that non-10cticket holders don't just move down to the floor section? It's the same entrance for all is it not?

different coloured wristbands for different areas - or just wristbands for the floor, nothing for the seats.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ooOOOoo jrd.. while I see you here... can you open up your web bit where you sent me to download the thingy I wanted.. seems one file is corrupt and I would like to download again please :D

No wristbands for others..... I'm sure security will keep an eye on people! Or is there a barrier to separate seating and standing on the floor? Scratchin'... where's that pic that you've been linking to all the time.. we need it to see...
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    ooOOOoo jrd.. while I see you here... can you open up your web bit where you sent me to download the thingy I wanted.. seems one file is corrupt and I would like to download again please :D

done me dear...
    No wristbands for others..... I'm sure security will keep an eye on people! Or is there a barrier to separate seating and standing on the floor? Scratchin'... where's that pic that you've been linking to all the time.. we need it to see...

there's a barrier at the front of the seating bit, and probably another one at the back of the standing area, with security patrolling inbetween.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    with security patrolling inbetween.
    with stun guns and cattle prods....

Thanks jrd... unfortunately, now cannot download until later tonight... is that OK? I've been trying to copy to DVD (which I have) but the image is really crap..... :(
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:
    28 days later.....

ohhhh thats quite catchy.. someone should make a film with this as the title
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    with stun guns and cattle prods....

Thanks jrd... unfortunately, now cannot download until later tonight... is that OK? I've been trying to copy to DVD (which I have) but the image is really crap..... :(

yerp.. i'll leave it running...
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:

Nah it would never work.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Did you see that film when that animal rights activist got bitten by an animal and 28 DAYS LATER everyone died? It must have been a really mad 28 DAYS because how can an entire city get wiped out in 28 DAYS? Anyway there were zombies in it that had come about during the 28 DAYS. Although the central theme is based on what happened during the 28 DAYS, we only really get to know about what happened 28 DAYS LATER.

I think it was called 'The geezer that got bitten by a monkey"

;) Lame attempt at the SPEED joke, but I tried...
  • Options
    Did you see that film when that animal rights activist got bitten by an animal and 28 DAYS LATER everyone died? It must have been a really mad 28 DAYS because how can an entire city get wiped out in 28 DAYS? Anyway there were zombies in it that had come about during the 28 DAYS. Although the central theme is based on what happened during the 28 DAYS, we only really get to know about what happened 28 DAYS LATER.

first time you've ever made me smirk ;)

no, seriously that was a good one :):D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    first time you've ever made me smirk ;)

remember, smirking is bad for your health.

and anyway, isn't there a smirking ban in Scotland ?

:o
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    remember, smirking is bad for your health.

and anyway, isn't there a smirking ban in Scotland ?

:o

appropriate smiley usage i see ;)

if i were a Geordie that 'gag' would have worked :p
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    3 weeks next Monday!
  • Options
    three weeks from today...

i fly to london!

then 2 bliss-filled weeks in europe...travelling, experiencing new places and revisiting others, meeting friends, making new ones...and seeing pearl jam 3 more times!

*sighs*

:D:D:D:D:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    I love the countdown threads :)

23 days for me...
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    spikeybluespikeyblue Posts: 27
    Wondering if anyone travelling back to the Midlands on the night of Wembley can help me out.

Basically, me and my brother both have tickets for wembley. We have no problem getting from Derby to London. Its the getting back thats the hassle. We currently have a National Express coach booked back for the day after. That will get me back to derby and to work for 12ish. This aint good as I start work at 10.

We've tried to get on a bus or a train to get back the night of the gig, but they just dont run late enough.

Is anybody driving Derby or Nottingham way that night? Do you have room for 2 petrol paying pearl jam fans? Any help,what so ever,is appreciated.
  • Options
    spikeybluespikeyblue Posts: 27

Absoloute fucking genius!!!!
  • Options
    spikeyblue wrote:

Is anybody driving Derby or Nottingham way that night? Do you have room for 2 petrol paying pearl jam fans? Any help,what so ever,is appreciated.

i'd start a new thread for this chief as it'll get lost in the mire of nonsense!!

good luck
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    three weeks from today...

i fly to london!

then 2 bliss-filled weeks in europe...travelling, experiencing new places and revisiting others, meeting friends, making new ones...and seeing pearl jam 3 more times!

*sighs*

:D:D:D:D:D

ok but dont shout - after last nights shenanigans i have a sore head you know
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    It's getting closer now. YAY!!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&