Options

TROUBLES WITH TICKETS 10C MEMBERS NOT FROM USA (SHAME)

I'm still waiting for a solution about HOW TO RESELL my tickects to Austin, from Spain, cause Ticketmaster didn´t work reselling tickets, if you don´t have an american account.

This had to be an advertisment when people from Ten Club of out USA get the tickets for the tour by raffle, with the condition "if finally, you can´t or don´t want the seats, you can resell them", because it is not true for not USA Ten Club members. And it is a SHAME.

It's close a month till the show and I have the tickets yet, and nobody from Ten Club or Ticketmaster made any help about.

I´M SAD AND FURIOUS.

I fell that fans from out of USA are not too important like the USA ones, usually, but this time is the worst. We could buy the tickets but don´t resell (following the Ten Club conditions and especifications at the moment of the purchase) Ten Club had to ADVISED US THEN. What are we going to do now with our tickets? We can´t resell it anyway! Losing our money? It is a lot of money.

Hope the somebody with brain do something fast about.

Mar b.;

Comments

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,193
    Try wise.com 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    SHZA said:
    Try wise.com 
    This or I have also heard Europeans are able to get full refunds. Go to “contact us” under your tickets on pc/Mac or “help”on mobile after selecting the tickets you want to sell. 

Keep going with the automated chat until you get a human. 
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 693
    Sorry to hear you’re having troubles OP.

Somewhat related question for non-Americans. After listing and selling tickets did you need to fill out the 1099-k form (or is that just for US residents - I saw mixed things online about this)? If so, what did you use for the tax identification number?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    ST66483 said:
    Sorry to hear you’re having troubles OP.

Somewhat related question for non-Americans. After listing and selling tickets did you need to fill out the 1099-k form (or is that just for US residents - I saw mixed things online about this)? If so, what did you use for the tax identification number?
    There is an option that says you are not an American you can choose and bypass the form 
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 693
    Thanks @PJNB
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I mean, it's not really a PJ issue technically.   For some reason TM's reselling platform will only refund in the currency of the ticket, and they don't allow the amount to be refunded to a non US credit card or bank account.  I'm not sure why, when they can easily charge from those cards.   Maybe they don't want to deal with all the complaints from people who don't understand how FX rates work.

As a Canadian I encountered this the first when I had spare tickets for the GNR show in Seattle.  I had managed to upgrade to pit tickets and wanted to sell the original pair for enough that I got my money back.  That's when I discovered it can't be paid to a Canadian Bank or CC.  My solution was to open up a US domiciled bank account to use when I need to do stuff like that (or other weird American things that are meant for America only.. lol).

It's a total pain.
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 749
    Ive been mailing for over a year now with Ticketmaster how to get my 314 Canadian Dollars to me (i sold my 2 Toronto 2022 tickets true Ticketmaster).
    In the US they think everybody still accept checks, wich 78% of the world does not anymore.
    It was mind blowing to the 31 (!!) different Ticketmaster persons i spoked with over email. Yeah will send you a check.......You dont have an American bank account? Huh why not, everybody does they say. Even if i told them i was from the Netherlands.
    Its terrible. My luck ia that im heading to Texas in september. For now Ticketmaster will drop a check were im staying, they say.....
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited August 2023
    Zod said:
    I mean, it's not really a PJ issue technically.   For some reason TM's reselling platform will only refund in the currency of the ticket, and they don't allow the amount to be refunded to a non US credit card or bank account.  I'm not sure why, when they can easily charge from those cards.   Maybe they don't want to deal with all the complaints from people who don't understand how FX rates work.

As a Canadian I encountered this the first when I had spare tickets for the GNR show in Seattle.  I had managed to upgrade to pit tickets and wanted to sell the original pair for enough that I got my money back.  That's when I discovered it can't be paid to a Canadian Bank or CC.  My solution was to open up a US domiciled bank account to use when I need to do stuff like that (or other weird American things that are meant for America only.. lol).

It's a total pain.
    It's not an American thing, it's a TM international thing.

I had the same problem last year when I had a ticket for Tool in Dublin that I wasn't able to use... I couldn't set it up for resale through ticketmaster.ie because I only had bank accounts in America. 

I ended up having to do a private sale and transferring the ticket directly. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Zod said:

It's a total pain.

VAT/GST?

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    Zod said:

It's a total pain.
    It's not an American thing, it's a TM international thing.

I had the same problem last year when I had a ticket for Tool in Dublin that I wasn't able to use... I couldn't set it up for resale through ticketmaster.ie because I only had bank accounts in America. 

I ended up having to do a private sale and transferring the ticket directly. 
    Right! I also heard that Americans who bought tickets to Canadian shows have the same problem in reverse order.

I guess it's technically not a refund when you sell one, it's you selling the good.   Maybe it creates complex tax issues.   TM can refund something to the original credit card, but maybe there's some kind of complex tax rules or credit card policies that make sending the proceeds of a sale to a credit card?

On the flip side Ebay has always let you sell stuff in foreign currency and put the proceeds to paypal which puts the money on the credit card.

I have to think TM has the potential to make more money if international customers can use their reseller feature (as the only option is private sales or alternative platforms).  There must be a reason they don't do it? ugh.
  • Options
    Got a friend on here? Transfer the tickets to them and they can sell, then transfer $$ to you. 
  • Options
    YamriderYamrider Posts: 50

SHZA said:
    Try wise.com 
    This or I have also heard Europeans are able to get full refunds. Go to “contact us” under your tickets on pc/Mac or “help”on mobile after selecting the tickets you want to sell. 

Keep going with the automated chat until you get a human. 

Yes this is correct. I'm in the UK and was able to get a refund for tickets I couldn't use.

It took a half a dozen emails to TenClub and Ticketmaster and I cc'd the email strings to Tenclub and Ticketmaster so everyone new what was going on. 

As PJNB said get through to a human on automated chat or email them as I did. And use the 'contact us' or 'help' as PJNB also advised.

I even had a really polite and helpful Ticketmaster person call me all the way from the USA and tell me that they would sort it out!!

I would say keep it brief and be polite, it's not a great job for someone to be dealing with complaining emails all day and you want them to help you.

I'm going to stick my neck out and might not be popular but say Ticketmaster (and tenclub) were brilliant at sorting this out.

Good luck, keep at it OP

Now looking forward to Austin.

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Hiya, 
    I wasn’t sure how to sell mine either, so took advice from others and set up a Wise account. They are based in Belgium but are effectively a global internet based bank. They can provide you with an American checking account which you can use for TM. You can then convert to Euros when payment is received and send to your proper bank account (or keep the dollars and use when there). 
    The tax form was pre-completed and saved in the F2F seller account noting I was not a USA resident. 
    One thing I wasn’t aware of though was the need to also have a credit/debit card on file in case the show is cancelled etc (so they can take the money back from you and pay the person who bought the tickets from you I guess). They took my Dutch card details for that 😂 

I only sold them on Sunday and so have not had the money for them yet!  
    I hadn’t seen the refund via TM help option until after I’d sold them. 
    Keeping my fingers crossed it goes ok! 

The specific country refund thing is very annoying but I think it is because if taxation. Ticketmaster is one big company but I imagine that they have country specific subsidiaries for tax/legal reasons… but I think if they take your money from a different country they should have an easy way for the rest of the process. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Amazing how many people from out of the USA buy tickets but end up not being able to attend.  Blame your VAT/GST taxation rules. That and Tm wants to hold your money for as long as possible.  Do not buy tix if you are not 90% sure you can attend (10% for life as it gets in the way).
  • Options
    Update on mine, the Wise account worked and I sold my tickets, and received the monies within seven days.  
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Amazing how many people from out of the USA buy tickets but end up not being able to attend.  Blame your VAT/GST taxation rules. That and Tm wants to hold your money for as long as possible.  Do not buy tix if you are not 90% sure you can attend (10% for life as it gets in the way).
    Or both you and your boyfriend got lucky in the ticket sales for both shows so you ended up with four seats for night 1 and two seats/two GA for night 2 😉
    Plenty of reasons people from outside the USA buy tickets and life happens, just like the other way round. I think the ‘do not buy’ is a tad harsh. 
  • Options
    dottles said:
    Get_Right said:
    Or both you and your boyfriend got lucky in the ticket sales for both shows so you ended up with four seats for night 1 and two seats/two GA for night 2 😉
    Plenty of reasons people from outside the USA buy tickets and life happens, just like the other way round. I think the ‘do not buy’ is a tad harsh. 

Well there is always the chance you both can win and you know it when you enter the drawing or buy tix online. I may be a bit harsh but SO many people get excited and buy tix or enter a 10c drawing without realistically knowing if they can actually go. Then there are threads of people complaining about how to get their money back or transferring tix. I would never buy tix to see the band in a foreign country unless I was prepared to make the trip.