Options

Happy 10th Anniversary Wrigley Field 2013 show!!!

HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
edited July 2023 in The Porch
7/19/2013, been 10 years, since that legendary show!  The rain delay, the heat, the merch lines and of course the concert itself.  Crazy how time flies  :o Would love to see this bootleg released officially to relive all those moments again.
Post edited by Hoccapuk on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    edited July 2023
    2am inside Wrigley Field. We'll never see that again. 

Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited July 2023

We will never, ever see anything like this again.  Rain delay and all, one of the most memorable nights of my PJ journey.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    This was a fun trip.  Some memorable stories, for sure. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

We will never, ever see anything like this again.  Rain delay and all, one of the most memorable nights of my PJ journey.  
    Thats the set they played? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    This was a fun trip.  Some memorable stories, for sure. 
    Agreed... despite the hiccups / disruption, that weekend goes down as one of my favorite concert experiences of all time. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Getting home after was a nightmare

walked like 6 miles , no cabs… there were multiple large events and this show went late

• Options
    edited July 2023

Thats the set they played? 
    Set that they were supposed to play.  Alot of songs got scratched in second and third encores due to weather.... but the fact that they even put the above setlist on paper is incredible
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Probably my favorite Release of all-time. The singalong was incredible and the sound rolled through the crowd like waves. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Probably my favorite Release of all-time. The singalong was incredible and the sound rolled through the crowd like waves. 
    Hearing the intro to "Hold On" in the 4 spot was special for me, I can clearly remember the excitement I felt in that exact moment
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Today would be a great day to drop the bootleg in the shop.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    Today would be a great day to drop the bootleg in the shop.
    Indeed it would! An instant classic ten years in the making. 

• Options
    I have mixed feelings about this show. I regret not selling my tickets on the way in for $250 each but at the same time wouldn't trade the few songs I got for the world. I was with my 6 month pregnant wife. It was really hot that day but once they went on she perked up. When the delay hit and we were just waiting around she started to feel sick and passed out. Was taken to the care center where there were dozens of people just like her. Not all pregnant but exhausted from the heat and dehydrated. We had to split shortly after.

Fast forward to today and our son is a healthy concert loving boy. He loves to say that he has been to a pearl jam concert...in utero. LOL! Our daughter then 1 ups him and says that she was at 2 pearl jam concerts in utero in 2009 (chicago shows). Kids, they just love to bicker.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Never forget!

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,218
    I guess that puts us 10 years and 3 days after London ON 2013.  Shout out to that show too.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    I guess that puts us 10 years and 3 days after London ON 2013.  Shout out to that show too.  
    Glad to have been at both.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    The anticipation in the months leading up to the show were off the charts. PJ playing Wrigley for the first time ever?!?!? No way was I missing that.

Whiffing on tix and then having a fellow 10C member hook me up with their spare will forever be appreciated.

The 10C BBQ was perhaps my top memory from the weekend - sitting in rooftop bleachers with fellow 10ers, listening to soundcheck and watching the sunset was truly epic.

Another high water mark was, after the 10C BBQ, singing with a bar-full of fans at the top of our collective songs to PJ songs at Slugger's - not sure that will ever be replicated.

The palpable energy in the stadium as the band ripped thru the first seven or so songs was a mountaintop moment for the band and fans.

The multi-hour delay being stuck in the bowels of the stadium, especially combined with the attrition from the day's heat, were pretty brutal.

The band's determined return to the stage once again elevated spirits. Rock 'n rollin' in Wrigley until 2a will probably never happen again.

Trying to navigate thru the masses and make my way back to the hotel after the show was like having hit the wall, exhausted, trying to finish those last few miles of a marathon.

We all rode the wave, band included. Lifelong memories. Happy 10th, Wrigley show #1!
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 501
    edited July 2023

Such a great set of posters from that show!