Options

BACKSPACER IS AN AMAZING RECORD

Speed of Sound is one of the best PJ songs in the whole discography and it’s followed by Force of Nature: another absolute beast. Why did this record not blow the fuck up? It’s great and overhated and underrated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    I am right there with you. That side (side 2) is so good!
  • Options
    I am right there with you. That side (side 2) is so good!
    Yes! Side 2 is classic big arena rock Pearl Jam almost the entire spin through.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    Speed of Sound is one of the best PJ songs in the whole discography and it’s followed by Force of Nature: another absolute beast. Why did this record not blow the fuck up? It’s great and overhated and underrated.
    Those two songs and Unthought Known..Fixer is the worst thing they ever made..
    Backspacer is my least favorite album of the band..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,036
    23scidoo said:
    I agree with you it's not the best
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    23scidoo said:
    I agree with you it's not the best
    They’ve done better punk-ier stuff on riot act but the big rock songs definitely bump it up for me
  • Options
    I’m not defending Johnny Guitar, take that out and maybe Supersonic and that’s a nice punch in the face of a record
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Sheesh, picking least favs is hard. I go back to BS more than Riot Act and Lightning Bolt. There are classics on Riot Act don’t get me wrong but it meanders a bit and they left one of the best songs of the sessions off(down). Backspacer scratches a certain itch and quickly so that’s probably just my tastes. I just see so many people say Avocado was the last great record and it got me thinking I’ve never seen a “Backspacer was the last great one.” comment and I think it can totally be argued. 
  • Options
    I don't think I've listened to it since the tour of the album. Riot act No1 go to for me. Yield 2nd . They swap between the  two as 1st and second. I found b.s to pop for me. With exception of gonna see my friends. I like that.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I don't think I've listened to it since the tour of the album. Riot act No1 go to for me. Yield 2nd . They swap between the  two as 1st and second. I found b.s to pop for me. With exception of gonna see my friends. I like that.
    That’s fair. Granted I did type that and immediately went and listened to Riot Act, and all the “meandering” fucking slapped so😂😂 I really liked Gigaton but it was very produced so I’m hyped to see what the bands got when they’re all in the same room together for this next one.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I love that people really like Backspacer. My 22 year old daughter calls it her favorite. It's at the bottom for me but something has to be down there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I love gigaton I listened again today my 6 year old loves it too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I love gigaton I listened again today my 6 year old loves it too
    Fuck yes! Ive listened to it at least once a week since it came out
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited June 2023
    Gigaton...climimg up and up list of top albums.  I think it is a notch behind Ten and No Code, right there with Vs and Yield 

I do love BS too as well as LB

The last 3 ate on par with 1st 3 or next 3
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on