Options

Poland shall not be forgotten or official 13th June Chorzow/Katowice show thread

Comments

• Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Bartek wrote:
    For 400 PLN (approximately 137 $ / 103 €) you get seats in front of the stage, sector number 30, marked dark green on the image: http://www.pearljam.pl/images/sektory.png

As far as I know such ticket gives you a seating in a better sector and nothing else. Premium packages (with a party, "free" chapagne, beer and hostesses :)) cost about 700$

...but you can buy them only for a Genesis show, which is going to happen at the Silesian Stadium on 21st June.

Hmm i was thinking of have seats for one pearl jam show this tour, this sounds interesting. I´m gonna have a big back pack with me so I don´t gonna be in the "moshpit" anyway.
    How many seats do they have there in front?
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Bartek_-_Bartek_-_ Posts: 73
    Don't know the exact number, but definitely not many. Actually https://shop.ticketpro.pl says these VIP tickets already sold out. It looks like you can still buy them on the promoter's site (http://www.livenation.pl) though.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Pegasus wrote:
    a bunch of us (ex-ETB) are taking the 1am train and checking in Corner Hostel for a few hours sleep before our 1pm flight to Venice..10-bed dorm is where you can join us :)

looks good.
    I will be in krakow for a few days before the show as well!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    looks good.
    I will be in krakow for a few days before the show as well!
    Few HOURS, not days :D Most ETBers are doing more shows, some of them ALL ;)
    So Krakow sightseeing is out this time, Im afraid :(
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Few HOURS, not days :D Most ETBers are doing more shows, some of them ALL ;)
    So Krakow sightseeing is out this time, Im afraid :(

i am not doing Munich unfortunatly...
    Seeing a few other places in europe where i have not been yet.
    so lisbon, madrid and munich are out for me :(
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Bartek wrote:
    For 400 PLN (approximately 137 $ / 103 €) you get seats in front of the stage, sector number 30, marked dark green on the image: http://www.pearljam.pl/images/sektory.png

As far as I know such ticket gives you a seating in a better sector and nothing else. Premium packages (with a party, "free" chapagne, beer and hostesses :)) cost about 700$

...but you can buy them only for a Genesis show, which is going to happen at the Silesian Stadium on 21st June.

so why is it listein pearl jam as well?
    thanks for info
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    response I just got from a query to teh promoter about what VIP tickets entitle you to:
    Please be informed that VIP place mean: good sits; catering and
    souvenirs from the band.
    note that it doesn't specify which band ;)

not worth the money imho..but then I have 10c tixs :D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    oh well

im gonna go for em

thanks for posting reply
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    so why is it listein pearl jam as well?
    thanks for info

These 700$ tickets for Genesis are similar to PJ's Hawaii, London and Munchen packages. VIP tickets are something else. I don't know the details but as Pegasus said you'll get a catering and souvenirs with them as well, although it will be in some smaller scale for sure.
  • Options
    karolakarola Posts: 39
    those of you interested in the VIP tickets - make sure you check out the plan of the stadium that bartek gave a link to - the sits are not exactly in front of the stage (as in in front of the 10 club or something) - they're simply exactly opposite the stage in the sitting sectors - still far away... the sitting arrangements at this stadium leave a lot to be desired since it's a huge venue and it's really dated.
    this reminds me of a time when my brother went there to watch a football game and after returning home he asked how the goal was scored 'cause he couldn't see it from his seats - this gives you an idea of what it's like there...
    also I went to see a u2 show there and had a seat right next to the vip sector but in one of the last rows, if it weren't for the huge tv screens I wouldn't have even known what the stage decorations were, not to mention actually seeing the band members...
    so my point is - don't expect something great when you choose seats and if you do anyway - opt for ones in lower rows - the higher up the less you can see...
    1996: warsaw; 1998: kansas city; 2000: katowice x 2
    2006: bologna, verona, torino, prague, vienna
    2007: chorzow
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    karola wrote:
    those of you interested in the VIP tickets - make sure you check out the plan of the stadium that bartek gave a link to - the sits are not exactly in front of the stage (as in in front of the 10 club or something) - they're simply exactly opposite the stage in the sitting sectors - still far away... the sitting arrangements at this stadium leave a lot to be desired since it's a huge venue and it's really dated.
    this reminds me of a time when my brother went there to watch a football game and after returning home he asked how the goal was scored 'cause he couldn't see it from his seats - this gives you an idea of what it's like there...
    also I went to see a u2 show there and had a seat right next to the vip sector but in one of the last rows, if it weren't for the huge tv screens I wouldn't have even known what the stage decorations were, not to mention actually seeing the band members...
    so my point is - don't expect something great when you choose seats and if you do anyway - opt for ones in lower rows - the higher up the less you can see...

agree. been there for u2 show as well - sitting up there somewhere thinking i really should be downthere on the pitch. and that was u2 megavision show... if i went for Slaski show, definitely down on the pitch...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Urgh Wizz Air changed my flights, I'm now not leaving Poland on the 14th until 6pm or something. Nice day at the airport then!

I'm kinda worried about using the trains & stuff, I hope they're easy to understand?! :)
  • Options
    Urgh Wizz Air changed my flights, I'm now not leaving Poland on the 14th until 6pm or something. Nice day at the airport then!

I'm kinda worried about using the trains & stuff, I hope they're easy to understand?! :)
    if you're not leaving until 6pm (assuming it's from krakow), go do some touristing.
    if it's from Katowice...good excuse to go partying until dawn :)
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    Are people staying at the "Park Diament" or the "Diament" hotel in Katowice?
  • Options
    Brisk wrote:
    Are people staying at the "Park Diament" or the "Diament" hotel in Katowice?
    Yes, two crazy Belgians... (hotel Diament).
    Booked for 2 nights but Wizz Air changed our flights to, so we have to cancel the second night because our plane leaves 14/06 at 6.00 AM.
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Pegasus wrote:
    if it's from Katowice...good excuse to go partying until dawn :)

You speak the truth :D
  • Options
    Polish band called COMA will be another support band on the Pearl Jam show. They have a lot of fans over here, and a lot of haters as well. I call them "the Polish version of Creed" :P Lucky you who can't understand their lyrics.

There will be another support band, that will get chosen in the contest. Details will be posted soon. Personally I think it's not the best idea, but on the other hand - a lot of us would like to open a PJ show, now there's a chance :)
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Bartek wrote:
    Polish band called COMA will be another support band on the Pearl Jam show. They have a lot of fans over here, and a lot of haters as well. I call them "the Polish version of Creed" :P Lucky you who can't understand their lyrics.

There will be another support band, that will get chosen in the contest. Details will be posted soon. Personally I think it's not the best idea, but on the other hand - a lot of us would like to open a PJ show, now there's a chance :)

So a polish creed and Linkin' Park supporting Pearl Jam!? Maybe i should have gone to munich
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    eoboeobo Posts: 102
    mole1985 wrote:
    So a polish creed and Linkin' Park supporting Pearl Jam!? Maybe i should have gone to munich

as much as i hate anything creed-related (even polish knock-offs) i just keep telling myself.

its still a pearl jam show.

it will still rule.
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    eobo wrote:
    as much as i hate anything creed-related (even polish knock-offs) i just keep telling myself.

its still a pearl jam show.

it will still rule.

Yeah it will rule there will just be less PJ nuts i think. Still excited tho and i've never been to Poland.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 487
    Yes, two crazy Belgians... (hotel Diament).
    Booked for 2 nights but Wizz Air changed our flights to, so we have to cancel the second night because our plane leaves 14/06 at 6.00 AM.

We stay also at Hotel Diament from 13th to 14th after the big polish aftershow-party?

btw, any info on a possible aftershow-party in Katowice???
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    LaylaLayla Posts: 1
    I want to be there ... Linkin Park as band before Pearl Jam. Thats their standing :D I don't like them :-!
  • Options
    Bartek wrote:

now that's really sad! :( i was keeping my fingers crossed for 30 seconds to mars, they are touring europe with linkin park, i can't believe they skip this particular show!!! :(
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Final Bow wrote:
    We stay also at Hotel Diament from 13th to 14th after the big polish aftershow-party?

btw, any info on a possible aftershow-party in Katowice???

Yeah! We also want an afterparty finally. Jammers from Slovakia ;)
    I can feel like I have a soul that has been saved
  • Options
    mAcimAci Posts: 49
    Yeah! We also want an afterparty finally. Jammers from Slovakia ;)

i will probably go back home right after the show....but only wanted to say we are travelling about 10 jammers from bratislava,were also in prague and vienna last year...so looking forward to see you all
  • Options
    mAci wrote:
    i will probably go back home right after the show....but only wanted to say we are travelling about 10 jammers from bratislava,were also in prague and vienna last year...so looking forward to see you all
    you wouldn't happen to go to Nova Rock by any chance?
    and would be able to give a lift to Bratislava to a couple of fellow jammers getting their flight to London there :D?
    no?

no harm in asking ;)
  • Options
    mAcimAci Posts: 49
    Pegasus wrote:
    you wouldn't happen to go to Nova Rock by any chance?
    and would be able to give a lift to Bratislava to a couple of fellow jammers getting their flight to London there :D?
    no?

no harm in asking ;)

sorry,we are driving 10 persons in 2 cars,easy mathematics:)well we will see what about nova rock,it depends on ticket prise,but i think katowice gig will be better,thats why we are travelling there...
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    The promoter finally spoke about the reasons of having Linkin Park opening for PJ. They said they had been trying to get LP to play in Poland for a long time, and when the band finally agreed, the only possible date was the PJ date. That's when they decided to invite them as "special guests", which is nothing more than just a little bit longer opening act.

As for the schedule:
    The gates open at 3pm (the football match between Polish fans and the Rest of the World will be played in a park near Slaski Stadium at about midday. ;)

Coma, or Polish Creed if you like, starts at 6pm (personally I find them much better than Creed, their lyrics suck, but the music isn't pure crap; if you don't understand Polish, you might actually enjoy them)

Linkin Park starts at 7.15pm

PJ starts at 9pm

As you see, Linkin Park won't play for much longer than one hour.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Thanks roubal. Still an hour too long, I say :)

Hmmm. Wonder what time the Munich bus comes in. Unlikely to make the start of the fan football game, but man, Aussie representing, yeah!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Hinny wrote:
    Thanks roubal. Still an hour too long, I say :)

Hmmm. Wonder what time the Munich bus comes in. Unlikely to make the start of the fan football game, but man, Aussie representing, yeah!

Thierry Henry will be there!!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14