Options

Show me your Framed/Matted Photos, especially autographed ones

deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,097
Looking for inspiration for framed and matted photos, especially autographed ones. 

Comments

• Options
    Nobody?
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    Here are some of mine

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,773
    That's one bad ass wall!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    MKSNYC said:
    Here are some of mine

That looks great!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

These aren't signed by anyone but the photographer, but you get my theme.

I like simple.  The clinch is set with a white matte with a thick edge, i think it was a 1.5 mm if I remember correctly, and a glossy, black, wood frame.

the bastedo does not have a matte (I have a separate one at home with pretty much the same setup as the clinch), but is a much smaller photo.... the frame is wood with silver highlight, flat finish.  That picture of Gord always makes me smile.  It was a fun winter Saturday in Montreal.  I miss Gord.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,893
    edited June 2023

This is a Lance Mercer (not artist autographed, but signed by Lance). Because of the white border of the photo I used a double mat. A very thick white one on the outside to give some depth and then a thinner sliver of black peeking out underneath to highlight the white border of the photo. It came out great. The photo really pops in person. I also made sure to use museum quality glass to protect the photo. I get a lot of sun in my apartment. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,968
    shit photo but my favourite signed item
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,773
    Awesome item! You can send it my way now. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited June 2023

This pic of Gord is somewhat famous, known by fans as The Salute. It was at the show I was at, and I’m in it. Couldn’t pass it up. 

Also a Bastedo pic. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

This is a Lance Mercer (not artist autographed, but signed by Lance). Because of the white border of the photo I used a double mat. A very thick white one on the outside to give some depth and then a thinner sliver of black peeking out underneath to highlight the white border of the photo. It came out great. The photo really pops in person. I also made sure to use museum quality glass to protect the photo. I get a lot of sun in my apartment. 
    I love that look!
  • Options

This pic of Gord is somewhat famous, known by fans as The Salute. It was at the show I was at, and I’m in it. Couldn’t pass it up. 

Also a Bastedo pic. 
    That is a fantastic photo
  • Options
    shep said:

These aren't signed by anyone but the photographer, but you get my theme.

I like simple.  The clinch is set with a white matte with a thick edge, i think it was a 1.5 mm if I remember correctly, and a glossy, black, wood frame.

the bastedo does not have a matte (I have a separate one at home with pretty much the same setup as the clinch), but is a much smaller photo.... the frame is wood with silver highlight, flat finish.  That picture of Gord always makes me smile.  It was a fun winter Saturday in Montreal.  I miss Gord.
    Sweet. Can't go wrong with those.
  • Options
    I can see why it's your fave 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    deb1211 said:

Also a Bastedo pic. 
    agreed. the photographer said he was so happy to have caught that moment. I'll remember that for the rest of the my life. during the encore break, I had ran out to grab a quick beer, then ran back to get to my seat before they came back on stage. This is what I saw when I came back.

I'm the guy behind the guy at the top of the stairs, peaking over his left shoulder. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2023
    deb1211 said:

Also a Bastedo pic. 
    agreed. the photographer said he was so happy to have caught that moment. I'll remember that for the rest of the my life. during the encore break, I had ran out to grab a quick beer, then ran back to get to my seat before they came back on stage. This is what I saw when I came back.

I'm the guy behind the guy at the top of the stairs, peaking over his left shoulder. 

I had tickets to Toronto that were veto'ed by a pregnant wife.  

My brother has a tshirt with the date of the my oldest son's birthday on the back, just over 4 weeks premature, but still a healthy 6-1/2 lbs.

full circle kind of moment.

I was probably closer than clinch was when he took at that picture at ACL.... or he was pretty much standing right next to me inside the rail and i didn't notice. 

Here's the other bastedo, same show:

Post edited by shep on
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    SlettelleirSlettelleir Mendota Heights, MN Posts: 108

• Options
    deb1211 said:

Also a Bastedo pic. 

How cool. I see you back there. Great moment captured.
  • Options

That's a gorgeous photo
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    deb1211 said:

That's a gorgeous photo

Yes it is.