The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mcgruff10 said:
    I like it sc.  what kind of beer?
    The restaurants own lager. Tasted okey. Heh. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Gonna be making some pies in the pizza oven for the first time this summer. I’ll have to come back with some pics.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Considered doing this today, as well.  Soon.
    Look forward to the pics!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

This one was a white pizza with olive oil, garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, and ricotta. Was for my wife and typically not my flavor, but I tried it and it was awesome. Tasted like an amazing garlic knot.

Cheese for the kids. No explanation necessary. 

I went uncle buck on this one and made a slice of pizza the size of the pizza peel. Extra thin crust with pepperoni, onion, and jalapeños. This one was incredible and will be making again for sure.

Last one was simply a pepperoni. Also extra thin crust and ZERO FLOP.  amazing.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited May 2023
    Cheese looks the best to me, but they all look good.
    Glad they turned out well!

Jalapeño on pizza is underrated 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    ^^I'm moving in. I will pay you in  records/posters for pizza & rent.
    Loujoe said:
    ^^I'm moving in. I will pay you in  records/posters for pizza & rent.
    That’s very enticing. Throw in an afternoon of watching my kids and you’ve got a deal.

Jalapeño/pepperoni and onion was the best IMO. I love the thin char taste.my kids prefer the more traditional and thought the cheese was too well done. I’ll just order them Dominos from now on. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

Jalapeño/pepperoni and onion was the best IMO. I love the thin char taste.my kids prefer the more traditional and thought the cheese was too well done. I’ll just order them Dominos from now on. 
    Yeah, my son had pizza Hut and told me he thought it was one of his best pizzas.  :(
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Nice pizzas Mookie.  That is how cooking goes, practice, practice, practice until you nail it.

Yeah, my son had pizza Hut and told me he thought it was one of his best pizzas.  :(
    This is grounds for eviction
    Even at 8!
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034

Detroit style.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

Detroit style.
    What is up with that crust?  That would be the Detroit part?  Does that mean burnt?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    looks like pep and mush on a brownie
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Visiting San Francisco in the mid 80's.  We ordered Pizza from the local pizza place thinga mambob and we got what appeared to be indeed a pizza.  Though it had a yellowish tint to it on top.

Tasting said pizza and it was made like a pizza only someone forgot to put mozzarella on it.  They put cheddar.

Inedible even for this 9yo.  I pulled the cheese off and had the dough and sauce which wasn't that great either.

Don't do this...
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    It’s mozzarella and a cheese called Brick. The pizza is cooked in deep, rectangular pan. The brick cheese is covered liberally over the top and melts down onto the sides, giving it kind of caramelized, crispy edge.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    YUM
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

It’s mozzarella and a cheese called Brick. The pizza is cooked in deep, rectangular pan. The brick cheese is covered liberally over the top and melts down onto the sides, giving it kind of caramelized, crispy edge.
    I read up on Brick cheese, see story above.  Same would apply here.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    looks like pep and mush on a brownie
    That's what I thought. Never had that style.

Detroit style.
    Love this style.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Back in my old stomping grounds. I love “ohio pizza.” Cut in squares; super crispy pepperoni.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Bacon and egg?
    I'd do that!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Bacon and egg?
    I'd do that!
    There used to be a place near me that served breakfast pizza for brunch. It has eggs, bacon, cheese, and sausage. It was really good. Unfortunately, the restaurant closed.