Options

The National

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    guys. See this tour. 3 shows in, this is the best I’ve seen the band in 17 years. All cylinders. Seriously. No hyperbole. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    Seeing them twice in Los Angeles next week....glad they mix up the setlists!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    guys. See this tour. 3 shows in, this is the best I’ve seen the band in 17 years. All cylinders. Seriously. No hyperbole. 
    bummed that they aren't coming here (KC) on this tour, but there is a good chance that we might be moving back to TX. If so, I'm definitely going to the Dallas show.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 308
    If you went to all 4 shows in Chicago you would have definitely got your moneys worth. So many different songs. Incredible!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Seeing them in Philly soon.
    Don't really know all their albums and I kind of listen to spotify playlists. Can't wait for the show and to just rock out.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    If you went to all 4 shows in Chicago you would have definitely got your moneys worth. So many different songs. Incredible!
    We have tickets for both L.A. shows....I thought about selling one night, but it seems as if they mix things up enough to warrant going to both shows.
  • Options
    Yeah, don’t skip either of a 2 night run 
  • Options
    Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 308
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    We have tickets for both L.A. shows....I thought about selling one night, but it seems as if they mix things up enough to warrant going to both shows.
    I would go to both based on the Washington 2 nighter!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    I have never seen them, but am going to try to make their set at Boston Calling this weekend. 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 599
    Just recently(really recently actually) have we discovered this band first with an awesome cover of Morning Dew. Do they rock hard on some of their material? They’re in Greater Vancouver outdoors on June 5.
  • Options
    Yes, they do have a few harder numbers. But most of their material is about 50% upbeat. 

Here s a recent show if you want a sample of their live sound, which differs greatly from their album versions.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZHNtQ4kQl8&t=5305s

• Options
    Thanks for your input Tim. I’m going to listen to as much material as I can and hope to attend Monday’s show. Does anybody have a list of core tunes they’re almost certain to play?
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    edited May 2023
    Mr November
    i need my girl
    fake empire
    terrible love
    bloodbuzz Ohio
    the system only dreams…

are all usually bolted on, at least every time I have seen them and the song was released (5 or6 shows since 2007)

Have a look here and it should give you a rough idea for the newer stuff like tropic morning news https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-national-53d69b79.html
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • Options
    rw160510 said:
    Mr November
    i need my girl
    fake empire
    terrible love
    bloodbuzz Ohio
    the system only dreams…

are all usually bolted on, at least every time I have seen them and the song was released (5 or6 shows since 2007)

Have a look here and it should give you a rough idea for the newer stuff like tropic morning news https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-national-53d69b79.html
    Thank you very much!
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    DJ253147 said:
    rw160510 said:
    Mr November
    i need my girl
    fake empire
    terrible love
    bloodbuzz Ohio
    the system only dreams…

Thank you very much!
    No problem, have fun if you do go. They have always been good value for money in my opinion. If you do enjoy them then definitely delve deep into the catalogue. Sad songs>Cherry Tree>Alligator>Boxer>Virginia is one of my favourite runs of lp/eps released by any band. It doesn’t all rock hard as you were asking but they do have their moments, almost everything else will creep up on you unsuspectingly after a couple of run throughs and become random ear worms.
  • Options
    2 new songs tonight at midnight. Apparently from a new album that’s rumored to be out in September. 
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,650
    That would be amazing if there’s a new album next month!!
  • Options
    It would be great. I’m not holding my breath. But I think this indicates a follow up is coming sooner than later. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    2 new songs tonight at midnight. Apparently from a new album that’s rumored to be out in September. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYeX551dfiY

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    So apparently the new album is getting announced on Monday and there will be a new single. the 2 songs above are also on the record.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    edited September 2023
    My wife grabbed tickets for the Houston show! Can't wait to see them again!
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    So apparently the new album is getting announced on Monday and there will be a new single. the 2 songs above are also on the record.

This is amazing news!! Can’t wait. 
  • Options

Wow another new album so soon! Crazy!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Its not just getting announced Monday. Its out Monday. 12 tracks.

1. Alphabet City
    2. Deep End (Paul’s in Pieces)
    3. Weird Goodbyes (feat. Bon Iver)
    4. Turn off the House
    5. Dreaming
    6. Laugh Track (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)
    7. Space Invader
    8. Hornets
    9. Coat on a Hook
    10. Tour Manager
    11. Crumble (feat. Rosanne Cash)
    12. Smoke Detector

*watermark on this image

• Options
    Wow holy crap!
  • Options
    This is amazing news!! Can't wait to listen to the new album. First three songs have been wicked.
  • Options
    It took me seeing both bands this year, but I can say with 100% certainty, The National have far surpassed PJ as my favorite band. 
  • Options
    Any word on when the vinyl and cd will be available??
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    If anyone is at Homecoming this w'end and can grab me a signed copy of the new album, I will gladly pay for your copy as well and cover all costs to get it to me - I'll even throw in some beer money as well  =)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Can’t wait for the new album tonight!!!