Tool

Comments

• GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:
    Opiate, Undertow, and Lateralus vinyl available in the Tool band store

nothing new. veen out forever
    That's what I thought. Are all of these poor quality or just the picture disc?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    GB281198 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:

picture disc isnt terrible. slight muted quality imo. but sounds decent.
    each side is a different image. or is supposed to be I think. my side 3+4 is the same.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:

picture disc isnt terrible. slight muted quality imo. but sounds decent.
    each side is a different image. or is supposed to be I think. my side 3+4 is the same.
    Yeah, for a picture disc, it's actually not too bad. Much better than I originally thought. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Holy heck. Thx for posting.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    edited May 2023
    Tool’s a drag show again :D … and it looks like it was cold last night. 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Tool’s a drag show again :D … and it looks like it was cold last night. 

Booooo! I’m burning all my Tool stuff. 
    Welcome to Rockville? 

Listened to a recent podcast with SteveO , he talked about bringing these back when SteveO talked off doing something similar but getting real implants for a project....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    mickeyrat said:
    Listened to a recent podcast with SteveO , he talked about bringing these back when SteveO talked off doing something similar but getting real implants for a project....
    Read up on the dude who made a bet to get implants.  Guy is a friggin nut.  Brian Zembic.
    mickeyrat said:
    Read up on the dude who made a bet to get implants.  Guy is a friggin nut.  Brian Zembic.

SteveO is doing it for a video to be played during an upcoming tour.... then getting them removed.

nicknyr15 said:
    & here I thought he was actually standing up for something. 

Shame on me, I should have known. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    nicknyr15 said:

I think it's pretty obvious what he's doing even if it isn't specifically about one state. He's smart to give measured answers when getting direct questions vs some preachy, hamfisted preening that is unfortunately more the norm nowadays.
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I think it's pretty obvious what he's doing even if it isn't specifically about one state. He's smart to give measured answers when getting direct questions vs some preachy, hamfisted preening that is unfortunately more the norm nowadays.
    I don’t disagree …  it’s not a coincidence that he’s revisiting this outfit now for the 1st time in 25 years in this climate. I do think he’s a smart enough person to be able to give a less ambiguous answer without getting hamfisted & preachy, but this has always been his style, so why change now I suppose. 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Maynard's such a smart arse that he could sit on an ice cream and tell you what flavour it is. He's always taken the piss and he's been in the news because people don't know what he's like. I'm sure he dies on the inside each time a disingenuous reporter asks him about whatever he meant e.g. Swifties, the time where he "found Jesus", Beliebers, Creed fans...the list is long and distinguished. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    JT167846 said:
    Maynard's such a smart arse that he could sit on an ice cream and tell you what flavour it is. He's always taken the piss and he's been in the news because people don't know what he's like. I'm sure he dies on the inside each time a disingenuous reporter asks him about whatever he meant e.g. Swifties, the time where he "found Jesus", Beliebers, Creed fans...the list is long and distinguished. 
    lol I remember him talking to an Aussie reporter at a show and they said how he had a garage rock band and did the 4 chords then Maynerd without skipping a beat says "yeah and how'd that work out for you?!?" With Danny and crew laughing in the background.

Ruthless.
    edited May 2023
    Fall tour announcement maybe coming next week 
    Post edited by GB281198 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    GB281198 said:
    Nice!
    GB281198 said:
    There have been some minor changes to the website, I think you're right. 

I have to say though, I'm not terribly inspired by the setlist they played at the two recent festivals. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    GB281198 said:

I have to say though, I'm not terribly inspired by the setlist they played at the two recent festivals. 
    Yea I may actually hold off on buying tickets until I see the setlist. It better be drastically different from the last tour or I won’t waste my money. 
    GB281198 said:

hr 40 at sonic temple. 3 from FI. eats up a big chunk of time in a shortened set, no?

edited May 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    GB281198 said:

hr 40 at sonic temple. 3 from FI. eats up a big chunk of time in a shortened set, no?
    Throw Pushit in there, and that's almost 50% of the stage time. 

Longer songs = fewer songs played... nothing new there. 

I'm more thinking about the selection of songs... 2022's setlist was like a wet dream with all the deep cuts. The two setlists from this year are a return to their MO from years past, which I more or less expected. 

nicknyr15 said:
    GB281198 said:

Yea I may actually hold off on buying tickets until I see the setlist. It better be drastically different from the last tour or I won’t waste my money. 
    I'm under the impression they're swinging through New England (head a rumor about Uncasville for 11/10 or 11/11), I'll definitely do at least one show if they'll be within driving distance.

For what it's worth something posted on fourtheye who talked to Adam at the airport says 50 date tour in the fall. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    GB281198 said:
    For what it's worth something posted on fourtheye who talked to Adam at the airport says 50 date tour in the fall. 
    Nice

Hopefully they hit the east coast Canada. 
    I'm wrong the tour announcement rumor from fourtheye and the guy who talked to Adam is from Reddit. 50 shows sounds a bit too high 
    edited May 2023
    GB281198 said:
    I'm wrong the tour announcement rumor from fourtheye and the guy who talked to Adam is from Reddit. 50 shows sounds a bit too high 
    I think Danny mentioned 50 or so dates too, and Maynard mentioned touring this fall and winter of 2024; this would be similar to what they tried to do in 2019-2020 which would have worked out to around 50 NA dates of the pandemic hadn’t shut them down. 

Had a VIP ticket for the canceled Long Island gig & a hotel right next to the venue. 🤬
    The 50 is definitely possible if it goes into 24. I saw them in November of 19 ahead of the shutdown which is hard to believe is almost 4 years ago 
    edited June 2023

US and Canada tour! I can't see paying 54.99 for tool army membership per year