Where are you from?

124»

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,236
    About 15 miles north east of Atlanta!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,389
    Wow .. old thread! Fun to see all of the familiar names that posted & surprised that I never posted. Here goes....

born in Cleveland, OH, moved to Detroit, MI when I was a baby, moved to Houston, TX when I was a toddler, moved to Emporia, KS for college, lived a bit in Lawrence, KS, moved back to Houston, TX after my Dad passed (met my wife, got married), moved to Waco, TX for my wife's grad school, then moved to Dallas, TX for her internship, moved to Portland, OR after her internship, then we moved to Kansas City, MO in 2017. We still live in KCMO, but I have a feeling we may be moving back to our home state of Texas in the next year or 2.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,453
    mfc2006 said:
    Wow .. old thread! Fun to see all of the familiar names that posted & surprised that I never posted. Here goes....

born in Cleveland, OH, moved to Detroit, MI when I was a baby, moved to Houston, TX when I was a toddler, moved to Emporia, KS for college, lived a bit in Lawrence, KS, moved back to Houston, TX after my Dad passed (met my wife, got married), moved to Waco, TX for my wife's grad school, then moved to Dallas, TX for her internship, moved to Portland, OR after her internship, then we moved to Kansas City, MO in 2017. We still live in KCMO, but I have a feeling we may be moving back to our home state of Texas in the next year or 2.
    Wow! What a journey! Thanks for sharing! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    Born in Chile moved to NY Long Island 1971! Lived in city oh Glen Cove till 1994> moved to Smithtown about 35 miles east of Glen Cove been here since. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    This makes me think of other Ron from Parks & Rec. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,248
    St.Albans . Hertfordshire. England 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,799
    Fascinating.. and old thread!
    Born in Berkeley, California.  Lived in various parts of Northern and Central California, lived in western New York State twice, one full year each time, lived in Washington state for  3 1/2 years, lived briefly in Oregon, lived in the Sierra Foothills now for going on 27 years.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    brianlux said: ...Lived in Washington state for 3 1/2 years...
    Cool! :sunglasses:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,799
    Pap said:
    brianlux said: ...Lived in Washington state for 3 1/2 years...
    Cool! :sunglasses:

Early 90's no less.  Did I go see Pearl Jam in their glorious infancy?  NO!  Facepalm!  I was not hip to them yet.  Never get caught sleeping, lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,222

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I'm heading to US (Champaign, IL & Seattle, WA) for two weeks this autumn! :smile: Any piece of advice from locals or previous visitors would be much appreciated! Please PM me :peace:
  • Options
    InzzzaneInzzzane México Posts: 18
    I'm from Mexico City 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,327
    Born and raised in Swansea, South Wales. Now an Australian citizen, happily living in Sydney since 2010.

PJ have only ever played in Wales once (Cardiff 2000) and they haven’t played in Australia since 2014… 

Was it something I said?!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,248
    I have a feeling aus will be getting some shows next year
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Memphis, TN
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    Winnipeg Commercial Real Estate Services  Canada  Cushman  Wakefield

The Peg, Manitoba, Canada
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com