Options

what have U done in a PJ LIVE??

jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
30-11-2006..oaka sports hall..athens..greece..LAST stop for the european tour..
pj are playing ''porch''..i'm in the front(maybe 7th row)
they start to jam in the second part..
i wave a big sign which says..."REMEMBER HOW TO CLIMB?"
ED saw it..and this is the result..
http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060930/3.jpg
hunging and singing there and the crowd went crazy..
I rotate the sign where it's written "JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!""
Eddie looked at me..smiled..and shaked his head.."no..no.."
HAPPIEST DAY EVER!!!

''walk the bridges ,before you burn them down..."
''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    McShadeMcShade Posts: 156
    cool :)
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    jeje....Only with this band....
  • Options
    LOL cool :)
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    That's soo awesome. I made a sign for Matt and he tried to throw me his sticks. I'm terrible at catching so...:(
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    jeremy wrote:
    30-11-2006..oaka sports hall..athens..greece..LAST stop for the european tour..
    pj are playing ''porch''..i'm in the front(maybe 7th row)
    they start to jam in the second part..
    i wave a big sign which says..."REMEMBER HOW TO CLIMB?"
    ED saw it..and this is the result..
    http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060930/3.jpg
    hunging and singing there and the crowd went crazy..
    I rotate the sign where it's written "JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!""
    Eddie looked at me..smiled..and shaked his head.."no..no.."
    HAPPIEST DAY EVER!!!

''walk the bridges ,before you burn them down..."

haha that is very cool!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    namelessnameless Posts: 21
    very very cool, bro!!
    sometimes i walk, sometimes i kneel, sometimes i speak of nothing at all...

www.myspace/riotacter

9/24/96, 11/18/97, 11/19/97, 6/14/98, 6/29/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 9/7/98, 8/3/00, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 9/4/00, 9/5/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 7/1/03, 7/12/03(fav.), 10/6/04, 5/30/06, 8/5/07....
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    I'M TELLING THE TRUTH..:-)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maydgYS2tkQ

IT was f*** awesome!!!!
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Pretty cool you made him react on your sign.
    Obviously the best band in the world!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My whole family had Peace signs in Albany... My dad was holding one up and Ed gave my dad the peace sign... As well as me and my mom getting points from Mike!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    TombourineTombourine Posts: 139
    I was front row, right in front of Ed for the Dublin show last August. Myself and my girlfriend were holding hands over the barrier. During the last chorus of Alive, Ed gestured towards us and changed the lyric to "I'm still alive...ooh love...love is alive" (*enter solo*).

It was a good show :p
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    namelessnameless Posts: 21
    Tombourine wrote:
    I was front row, right in front of Ed for the Dublin show last August. Myself and my girlfriend were holding hands over the barrier. During the last chorus of Alive, Ed gestured towards us and changed the lyric to "I'm still alive...ooh love...love is alive" (*enter solo*).

It was a good show :p

thats really cool too
    sometimes i walk, sometimes i kneel, sometimes i speak of nothing at all...

www.myspace/riotacter

9/24/96, 11/18/97, 11/19/97, 6/14/98, 6/29/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 9/7/98, 8/3/00, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 9/4/00, 9/5/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 7/1/03, 7/12/03(fav.), 10/6/04, 5/30/06, 8/5/07....
  • Options
    That is AWESOME Jeremy!!

The best I have is July 16, 2006 San Francisco night 2.
    I was sitting in the first row of the balcony, up near the stage on Stones side. I was with the rest of my fello Stonysponys. (Vedhead27, Meddledeal, Gem5, and Yahamita). We had a BIG sign stuck to the facing of the balcony that read Stoney G fanclub.
    We ROCKED that balcony ALL NIGHT LONG. That thing SHOOK we were rocking so hard. Anyways ALL the guys noticed at one time or another. Matt kept pumping his fist at us and looking. We got points and stares from Mikey. Jeff would glance and smile once in a while...and Eddie. During Fuckin Up he walked over and stood on the speaker stack looking up at us. He almost threw me or Yahamita up a tambourine but he stopped cause we were a little to far away. If he missed it woulda caused caos on the floor (which was GA). Instead Eddie smiled and waved INDIVIDUALLY at EVERY SINGLE one of us. We were in our glory. Ed looked up and sang towards us several times in the show.

Poor Stone couldn't even look at us...I think we embarrised him. Matt and Jeff tried to force him to look at us right after they bowed at the end of the show, but now dice.

Ahh well. Stoney made up for it after the show and at night 3.
    After the show Yahamita was outside the building around the side by some buses, dancing and singing by herself when the door to the bus opens and this guy comes out and approaches her. He said hello and that Stone ASKED him to come out and give her something and he dropped FIVE Stone Guitar pics in her hand (obviously one for each of us ponys) and went back on the bus...which then pulled away.
    Yahamita's mouth dropped and she got on her cell and called us all and said get the F over here NOW! RUN. We get there and she told us the story and gave us each a pic. PERSONALLY DELIVERED PICS! OMG!

Ok FF to night 3. Vedhead27, Yahamita and I are all in the front row right in front of Stone, with out sign now stuck to the front rail. We got smiles and stuff that night. The pushing got really bad and we were just getting KILLED against the rail. Like I literally yelled out a couple of times I was getting crushed so bad. Who came to our rescue :) our man Stoney. He got on the mic and told people more or less to stop pusing forward as there's nowhere to go and that someone is gonna end up getting hurt. Eddie chimed in some words as well. I think thats the first time Stone's ever been the one to say something. Thank you!!
    During Yellow Ledbetter that night when Mikey was soloing Stone walked up to his and starting throwing pics at us...like rapidfire. Eventually stopping and throwing like 20 at me while laughing his head off. I finally put my arm up and was laughing and yelling STOP! STOP! till he finally ran out.
    He walked over to me, leaned down and apologized (and waved). I was still laughing and said it was ok. I think I caught like 3...and gave away 2 at the Gorge show to some friends who had never ever gotten a pic from any of the guys. They LOVED it.

At San Fran 1 when he was playing RITFW I had my red Canadian hoodie across the rail (I was front row in front of stone). I started waving the hood around cause it has a Canadian flag on it. It caught Eds eye who leaned in and was trying to see what I was waving. I stopped and held it (the flag part) up. Ed realized what it was.. was like ahh before smiling and pointing at me. :).
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,872
    IN Milwaukke 2 this last tour I held up a sign with a big afro picture of Kareem aka Lew of Sweet Lew, I was right in front of Jeff too. Fuckers didn't play it but Ames game me the nod and smile.

Alpine 98 we had front row tix from being on the "priority list" from the infamous Toledo no show Ed had stomach shit 96 etm fiasco. During wishlist he reached down over the rail, grabbed my sister by the hand, turned her palm up, gave her his guitar pick, then closed her fingers around it....so cool.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    PJ-related, well TOTD

So last year i saw Audioslave in Chicago, and got front row of the floor at the UIC pavillion. they played hungerstrike, so i held up a sign that said RIP, and right next to me my friend had a sign just saying ANDY. Cornell walked by us as we held it up during the song and gave us a thumbs up. it was pretty cool
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    That is AWESOME Jeremy!!

The best I have is July 16, 2006 San Francisco night 2.
    I was sitting in the first row of the balcony, up near the stage on Stones side. I was with the rest of my fello Stonysponys. (Vedhead27, Meddledeal, Gem5, and Yahamita). We had a BIG sign stuck to the facing of the balcony that read Stoney G fanclub.
    We ROCKED that balcony ALL NIGHT LONG. That thing SHOOK we were rocking so hard. Anyways ALL the guys noticed at one time or another. Matt kept pumping his fist at us and looking. We got points and stares from Mikey. Jeff would glance and smile once in a while...and Eddie. During Fuckin Up he walked over and stood on the speaker stack looking up at us. He almost threw me or Yahamita up a tambourine but he stopped cause we were a little to far away. If he missed it woulda caused caos on the floor (which was GA). Instead Eddie smiled and waved INDIVIDUALLY at EVERY SINGLE one of us. We were in our glory. Ed looked up and sang towards us several times in the show.

Poor Stone couldn't even look at us...I think we embarrised him. Matt and Jeff tried to force him to look at us right after they bowed at the end of the show, but now dice.

Ahh well. Stoney made up for it after the show and at night 3.
    After the show Yahamita was outside the building around the side by some buses, dancing and singing by herself when the door to the bus opens and this guy comes out and approaches her. He said hello and that Stone ASKED him to come out and give her something and he dropped FIVE Stone Guitar pics in her hand (obviously one for each of us ponys) and went back on the bus...which then pulled away.
    Yahamita's mouth dropped and she got on her cell and called us all and said get the F over here NOW! RUN. We get there and she told us the story and gave us each a pic. PERSONALLY DELIVERED PICS! OMG!

Ok FF to night 3. Vedhead27, Yahamita and I are all in the front row right in front of Stone, with out sign now stuck to the front rail. We got smiles and stuff that night. The pushing got really bad and we were just getting KILLED against the rail. Like I literally yelled out a couple of times I was getting crushed so bad. Who came to our rescue :) our man Stoney. He got on the mic and told people more or less to stop pusing forward as there's nowhere to go and that someone is gonna end up getting hurt. Eddie chimed in some words as well. I think thats the first time Stone's ever been the one to say something. Thank you!!
    During Yellow Ledbetter that night when Mikey was soloing Stone walked up to his and starting throwing pics at us...like rapidfire. Eventually stopping and throwing like 20 at me while laughing his head off. I finally put my arm up and was laughing and yelling STOP! STOP! till he finally ran out.
    He walked over to me, leaned down and apologized (and waved). I was still laughing and said it was ok. I think I caught like 3...and gave away 2 at the Gorge show to some friends who had never ever gotten a pic from any of the guys. They LOVED it.

At San Fran 1 when he was playing RITFW I had my red Canadian hoodie across the rail (I was front row in front of stone). I started waving the hood around cause it has a Canadian flag on it. It caught Eds eye who leaned in and was trying to see what I was waving. I stopped and held it (the flag part) up. Ed realized what it was.. was like ahh before smiling and pointing at me. :).
    There is nothing like sharing a PJ story. Yours is too cool man!!