Options

Chicago natives that can help

cafeamericaincafeamericain Posts: 88
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
i'm going to see pearl jam and i have never been to chicago...i am starting to book flight and hotel rooms and would like some insight on what is close...we plan on taking a taxi to and from wherever we are...so i wanna be close
"I never make plans that far ahead"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    http://www.expedia.com is a really big help.
  • Options
    jlynchjlynch Posts: 29
    There are more than 50 hotels that are either walking distance or a <$10 cab ride away. At this point I'd guess that the really close ones are all full. Go to orbitz.com and enter "Where" as "Grant Park - Chicago, IL" in your search and it will let you know what's open and how many miles away.
  • Options
    yodavaderyodavader Posts: 16
    Chicago has great public transportation. It may be smarter to get a hotel near one of the two major airports and just take the "L" train from either O'hare or Midway straight downtown. If you get off at Randolph or Adams Streets, you will be just a couple of blocks from grant park.

I live in NW Indiana, so if anyone has any questions on transportation issues, let me know.......

Everyone enjoy the show!
    Steve
  • Options
    yodavader wrote:
    Chicago has great public transportation. It may be smarter to get a hotel near one of the two major airports and just take the "L" train from either O'hare or Midway straight downtown. If you get off at Randolph or Adams Streets, you will be just a couple of blocks from grant park.

I live in NW Indiana, so if anyone has any questions on transportation issues, let me know.......

Everyone enjoy the show!

I wholeheartedly recommend NOT staying by O'Hare - it'll take 90 minutes to get downtown, because our public transportation system is falling apart. There aren't many hotels near Midway.