Options

Buying a ticket on the spot in Copenhagen?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,326
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Me, my friend and two brothers are going to COpenhagen. We all have tickets but a fifth person wants to go with us. He doesn't have a ticket and was thinking about buying one when we arrive in Denmark. What do you think the scalpers will take for a ticket?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Me, my friend and two brothers are going to COpenhagen. We all have tickets but a fifth person wants to go with us. He doesn't have a ticket and was thinking about buying one when we arrive in Denmark. What do you think the scalpers will take for a ticket?

I think there won't be many tickets the day of the show.
    I'll sell mine for €2000... :D
    No, I'm kidding, I keep it for me.But if there are tickets available the day of the show, don't hope to have one for less that € 200 or € 250. Face value was $100
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,276
    It is illigal to sell tickets to a higher price than the boxoffice price in Denmark, the price was 520DDK
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Do be honest, I don´t think you stand of chance finding an extra ticket for the show.. But who knows. I just don´t hope you have pay some insane prize to get it. Best of luck.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I think the opposite of most ppl on here.. I think you will be able to get a ticket at face value. At least here in the US the day of the show you could, except for maybe VERY small venues.
    Just me
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    As Whynotsweden said, it's illegal to sell tickets with a profit in Denmark. But that doesn't stop the scalpers. However I think you'll have a hard time finding a ticket outside the venue. My advice is find a ticket before you go. Just imagine standing outside the venue when the show starts and not being able to get in.....!
    Anyways, I found an add on http://www.gaffa.dk. There's a guy selling two tickets for Pearl Jam and two for Hold Steady (?). He's selling them as a set, but he might be willing to sell them seperately at face value (he claims). Drop him a mail at halvor79@gmail.com
    Best of luck to you.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    there´s also still a chance at http://www.dba.dk

you might find someone who can´t go and will sell his ticket.

But of course, beware of scalpers!

I would certainly not take any chances trying to a buy a ticket on the spot that day!

Best of luck to you...

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    I have never attended a sold out show here in Denmark where you couldn't get tickets outside!

It's solely a matter of how much you'd be willing to pay...

In 2001 when U2 played sold out shows there tickets were going for 250$US, but since ticketprices in general have risen considerably since then I would expect something like +300$US for a ticket outside the venue!

Best of luck though - but like Dane said, try and get it in advance, since they certainly won't be cheaper come june 26th.
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options

ok seriously dont listen to these people .. ive gotten great seats for so many shows including pearl jam just hours before the show from the box office, you see on the day of the show right when the box office opens for 10c tix they will release a boat load of tickets that were being held for pearl jam staff and families , arena staff and families and security/catering staff and families etc.. you see where i am going with this? also i believe that if people dont come claim there 10 c tickets they release them to the general public 30 minutes before PJ goes on , ive only heard that tho about the 10 c tickets its not first hand experience ..you should be fine tho , last year in sydney i got 10th row floor dead center 2 hours before the show.

what i am saying is check the arena box office ticket window before paying a stupid amount off a scalper
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}