Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    mickeyrat said:
    ......time to sell my OG copy of Aenima.
    what?

I mean, hey man. Whats going on these days?

According to Discogs............
    • $617.76 Average
    My copy plays great, a few crackles here and there. Typical from an album that old. I just don't play that often. 

well, good to see you. later.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,099
    Will the reissue ever come out.  I recalled reading it was in the works what feels like a number of years ago now.   There's a big hole in my collection.  Aenima is probably the record I want the most.   A regular version of lateralus would be great.  10000 days on vinyl would be awesome.

I'm still a bit miffed that after they put out fear innocculum on the 5 onesided lp set, that they release a regular 3lp set.. grrrr.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I’ve heard rumors or seen quotes(can’t remember exact details) that they’re ready on the music side, but waiting on the presentation and artwork. I think they’ll be the next big releases from them. 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    I’ve heard rumors or seen quotes(can’t remember exact details) that they’re ready on the music side, but waiting on the presentation and artwork. I think they’ll be the next big releases from them. 

Adam is slow rolling everything... as usual.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975

Baby Metal is still a band?  They aren't teens anymore.
  • Options
    godsmack opened for tool at sonic temple 2018. opening for tool at sonic temple 2023. and after shock. and louder than life , and more to come in all likelyhood ...

• Options
    edited March 2023

The New Kids on the Block would like a word. 

mickeyrat
    said:
    godsmack opened for tool at sonic temple 2018. opening for tool at sonic temple 2023. and after shock. and louder than life , and more to come in all likelyhood ...
    The good news is these announcements track what Danny said a couple weeks ago about a massive NA fall tour. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    I'm going to see them at Louder than Life in Louisville....Tool on Friday and QOTSA on Sunday
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 403

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Thinning the heard on all posters. 
    No data on 2019 Boston Mark Brooks. Got offered $800 which seems low. Anyone with any intel on it?

Also letting go of my Mark Brooks Atlanta for anyone looking.
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 383

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    That power trip is one sick lineup 
  • Options
    Maynard did Steve O's podcast last week... it was a good listen. 

He did mention plans for Tool to tour fall of '23 & winter of '24, and also said he's working on a 60th birthday show next year, similar to the 50th he did back in '14. 

https://www.theprp.com/2014/05/11/news/tool-failure-a-perfect-circle-etc-members-team-up-onstage-at-maynard-james-keenans-50th-birthday-bash/ 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975

The New Kids on the Block would like a word. 

mickeyrat
    said:
    The good news is these announcements track what Danny said a couple weeks ago about a massive NA fall tour. 
    I wasn't a fan of Baby Metal when they were teens, lol.  Too cliche, tried too hard and yes, New Kids and the other hand picked boy bands is exactly what I thought of them.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    Can you imagine jumping into a time machine and showing this to Tool fans 20 years ago?

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    pjl44 said:
    Can you imagine jumping into a time machine and showing this to Tool fans 20 years ago?

I hear ya.  Maybe they'd just quote "Hooker with a Penis" back to you:

"I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name."
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,056
    pjl44 said:

I hear ya.  Maybe they'd just quote "Hooker with a Penis" back to you:

"I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name."
    That's a good point. It is both completely bizarre but entirely in their character.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283

He did mention plans for Tool to tour fall of '23 & winter of '24, and also said he's working on a 60th birthday show next year, similar to the 50th he did back in '14. 

https://www.theprp.com/2014/05/11/news/tool-failure-a-perfect-circle-etc-members-team-up-onstage-at-maynard-james-keenans-50th-birthday-bash/ 
    How nice to actually here upcoming plans for the band from the horses mouth! Not like another beloved band that refuses to give any updates for upcoming plans, Maynard no problem gives the fans literally two years of plans..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711

How nice to actually hear upcoming plans for the band from the horses mouth! Not like another beloved band that refuses to give any updates for upcoming plans, Maynard no problem gives the fans literally two years of plans..
    So you don’t prefer April fools videos and pictures of rice from a fan on Facebook? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

How nice to actually hear upcoming plans for the band from the horses mouth! Not like another beloved band that refuses to give any updates for upcoming plans, Maynard no problem gives the fans literally two years of plans..
    So you don’t prefer April fools videos and pictures of rice from a fan on Facebook? 
    It just taste like a lollipop stuck up someone’s ass! To say the least 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

😂😂
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    nicknyr15 said:

😂😂😂
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    What world is this where Pearl Jam is more secretive about their plans than tool? 
  • Options
    What world is this where Pearl Jam is more secretive about their plans than tool? 
    The new norm I guess
  • Options
    Seeing DC & JC play Aenima w/ Primus would be pretty f'ing cool. 

They played Moby Dick too. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primus/2023/the-belasco-los-angeles-ca-bb8edc2.html
  • Options
    For real!!! 
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 403
    Opiate, Undertow, and Lateralus vinyl available in the Tool band store
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    GB281198 said:
    Opiate, Undertow, and Lateralus vinyl available in the Tool band store

nothing new. been out forever
    Post edited by mickeyrat on