Options

2023 Oscars

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    so how many people are gonna re-watch Encino man now?
    Ke Huy Quan and Brendan Fraser Had Inspiring Oscar Wins

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    igotid88 said:

That is every tenclub member at a Pearl Show with a fucking backpack.
    What? Who fucking wears a backpack to a concert and keeps it on? I’ve never done it or anyone who was with me at my 40 something PJ shows! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Where are backpacks allowed in concert venues anymore?? What country? Surely not anywhere in the US or Canada, and I'd be surprised if there is a place in Europe that allows it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    PJ_Soul said:
    Where are backpacks allowed in concert venues anymore?? What country? Surely not anywhere in the US or Canada, and I'd be surprised if there is a place in Europe that allows it.
    Up to a certain size they sure do 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2023
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Really? Any venue I know of seriously restricts bags. No way backpacks are allowed. Most places now you can't bring anything bigger than a clutch unless it's one of those see-through plastic stadium friendly bags, and that's if you're lucky.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    can't even bring a purse bigger than a hip sack into a Winnipeg Jets game anymore. no chance a backpack is getting through. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Different stadiums and venues have different rules.  Frustrates the hell out of Mrs FMe.
    Only slightly annoys me, since I used to have her carry any of my stuff.  Now thr wallet, keys, and phone go back in my pockets.  :lol:   

There are some where clear backpacks are allowed, though.  💯 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,935
    edited March 2023
    PJ_Soul said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Really? Any venue I know of seriously restricts bags. No way backpacks are allowed. Most places now you can't bring anything bigger than a clutch unless it's one of those see-through plastic stadium friendly bags, and that's if you're lucky.
    The only place I know (in Sweden) where Backpacks are not allowed is Friends Arena in Sthlm because of fire hazard rules with bleachers being built so cramped. 

Sitting way up on Rolling Stones you constantly had the feeling of looking over the edge of a tall building. Like you were anout to fall.  Vertgo style. 

BUT I DIDN’T BRING A BACKPACK. YAY ME. 

(There were some ”nothing bigger than an A4” rule post the terrorist attack in France. Maybe that is still intact down in Europe)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,935
    igotid88 said:

What? Who fucking wears a backpack to a concert and keeps it on?
    Clubbers of the Ten
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    PJ_Soul said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it’s pretty common they are allowed if you’re willing to get it inspected.
    But depends on the venue and show.
    If a place allows a purse, it usually allows a backpack.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    This was 5 years ago, but I know I brought a backpack to both wrigley shows. Only because we were bumming around town all day before the show i I had the tickets in my phone. So I had to bring my portable charger with me. I wouldn’t wear it during the show though.
    Pretty sure my wife brought her purse to Nashville this summer for the same reasons. She wasn’t with me in Wrigley so I had to bring my backpack.
    Of we’re going to require phones to enter a concert and return to your seats every time you leave, it makes sense you’d be allowed to bring in a portable charges. A lot won’t fit in most pockets, you need a purse or backpack.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    igotid88 said:

What? Who fucking wears a backpack to a concert and keeps it on?
    Clubbers of the Ten
    Like I said I’ve been to 40 shows with plenty of ten clubbers I really can’t recall seeing too many back packs up front but then again I haven’t seen the band since 2015 or 2016 the 1st Fenway show 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....