Options

Thursday 22nd Feb LONDON meet-up!!!!

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    you didnt have that many beers jrd, i was well drunk when i left 'the hospital' Byrnzie was completly smashed!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    :eek: :eek: What did I miss? I wasn't even aware of this event happening :(

Sorry I've not been around guys, just been soo busy.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options

Maybe you could make the next one? Details to follow soon...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Maybe you could make the next one? Details to follow soon...

I'll definitely try and make Steve's leaving do, providing he gives me enough notice to get the time off work. :rolleyes: :D
    I notice that I have a few new people to introduce myself properly to, you included :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Caz!!! Where HAVE you been?????
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

:eek: :eek: STRANGER!!!!!

don't think Heather made it either ... at least she hadn't by the time I left at just before 11.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    :eek: :eek: STRANGER!!!!!

don't think Heather made it either ... at least she hadn't by the time I left at just before 11.

Unfortunately she didn't :(
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I've been super busy and I can't really get on line at work anymore. I got warned about my "excessive" use of the internet :o
    I'm rebelling this afternoon though :p
    Hopefully at the beginning of April I'll be around much more. This play is taking over my life :eek:

Heather might not have known about the meet up either. She hasn't had internet for a few weeks and with me not being on line either, I couldn't let her know.

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Unfortunately she didn't :(
    Did the hairy strummer turn up in the end?
  • Options
    hey guys!

i just finished for today so i can finally check how's everybody been... looks like a lot of you had a rough night yesterday ;) hope you'll recover soon as i guess we should do this kind of gathering a bit more often ('couse i didn't get to speak to all of you - sorry)

it was great to put some faces behind the nicknames and to catch up with those with whom i went together to the gigs

hope to meet you again soon :)
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    good as new now and ready to do it all again
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    hey guys!

i just finished for today so i can finally check how's everybody been... looks like a lot of you had a rough night yesterday ;) hope you'll recover soon as i guess we should do this kind of gathering a bit more often ('couse i didn't get to speak to all of you - sorry)

it was great to put some faces behind the nicknames and to catch up with those with whom i went together to the gigs

hope to meet you again soon :)

Yep, it needs to happen again soon :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    it's about 15 weeks until the wembley so i guess if we do at least 5 more drinks i'll manage to speak to everybody by the big day :)
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I'm so cool.. I'm so cool... lalalala.... **does little dance** :D:D:D

Was great meeting you and Mark! I'm surprised at how drinks that little body of yours can take without getting drunk (or was it all an illusion??):D Now that you guys have met us, you have two options: 1) next meet-up (Byrnzie's leaving drinks?) you'll be more comfortable with us thinking that we are sort of normal or....... 2) you decided we are too scary of a bunch (and I would understand after meeting Rob :D) and you will just ignore us from this day forward!! :D:D

Hope your head is OK today... :D

Hehe it twas no illusion I assure you, must have been all those porridge oats I ate for breakfast absorbing all that alcohol. Although I wasn't walking straight when I got outside so it was kicking in by then. Anyway I think we will defintaly come to the next meet up, you guys can't scare us off that easily hehe.
    The extra S in my name is redundant and I'm proud of it. Jazz handing my way back to heaven.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    my head hurts...
    left the Hospital (if that is what it's called, didn't know where I was..luckily very close to the Bunker cos I wasn't paying attention when we got there) at 2am..managed to not kill myself on the way home.

Was still drunk when I got up so not exactly hangovered..

Nice night..from what I remember.. talked to quite a few people old and new, all very nice and friendly (hope they think the same of me...maybe better not ask).. but AGAIN missed out having a conversation with Dunk.

I'm totally in for Byrnzie's farewell do...but maybe a schoolnight should be better avoided...
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    my head hurts...
    left the Hospital (if that is what it's called, didn't know where I was..luckily very close to the Bunker cos I wasn't paying attention when we got there) at 2am..managed to not kill myself on the way home.

Nice night..from what I remember.. talked to quite a few people old and new, all very nice and friendly (hope they think the same of me...maybe better not ask).. but AGAIN missed out having a conversation with Dunk.

I'm totally in for Byrnzie's farewell do...but maybe a schoolnight should be better avoided...

Naz and I were gutted we didn't return the favour of buying you a drink. Next time.

Although it sounds like you had quite enough anyway ;)

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    my head hurts...

Same here... had my comedown around 3pm.

Did you say you were NOT going to Madrid?? I think I asked on my way out, but no recollection as the exit was my haziest moment.

Did you all end up at Hospital?
  • Options
    Double post...
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    you didnt have that many beers jrd, i was well drunk when i left 'the hospital' Byrnzie was completly smashed!

Hello all! I have no memory of the evening after we left the Bunker. It's all a total blank. I woke up the next day to realise that i'd bought a box of crunchy nut cornflakes and a jar of Pesto!! :eek: Makes no sense!
  • Options
    I'll definitely try and make Steve's leaving do, providing he gives me enough notice to get the time off work. :rolleyes: :D
    I notice that I have a few new people to introduce myself properly to, you included :D

My leaving do will most likely be the 17th March when some of you will be in Dublin. :(It's just that that's the day after my next payday and the Saturday before i'll be going.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hello all! I have no memory of the evening after we left the Bunker. It's all a total blank. I woke up the next day to realise that i'd bought a box of crunchy nut cornflakes and a jar of Pesto!! :eek: Makes no sense!
    Good shit eh? :D Hope to make it to your 'do'. Promise there'll be no kissing or anything :o

Did you make it back to Harlow in the end??
  • Options
    Good shit eh? :D Hope to make it to your 'do'. Promise there'll be no kissing or anything :o

Did you make it back to Harlow in the end??

I stayed round Keiths place. I really have no memory of being in Keiths club. I hope I was well behaved?
    Oh, and i left with Dunkmans book and t-shirt which he'd given me £10 for. I'll have to post them to him now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Naz and I were gutted we didn't return the favour of buying you a drink. Next time.

Although it sounds like you had quite enough anyway ;)
    no worries..next time...and yes I'd had enough anyway ;)
    Same here... had my comedown around 3pm.

Did you say you were NOT going to Madrid?? I think I asked on my way out, but no recollection as the exit was my haziest moment.

Did you all end up at Hospital?
    see my sig..everywhere means everywhere including Madrid ;)..sorted my transport from Lisbon to Madrid too so..
    only people I'm sure where at Hospital with are Babs and Keith obviously.. it's a blur :o
  • Options
    Great to meet some of you guys the other day, although didn't get to chat to everyone. Hope to see you again soon. Pegasus, hope your head is feeling better now! ;)
    Wembley 96, Wembley 00, Astoria 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07, Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    attacka wrote:
    Great to meet some of you guys the other day, although didn't get to chat to everyone. Hope to see you again soon. Pegasus, hope your head is feeling better now! ;)
    Who were you? :confused: I met a few people on my way out. Don't remember attacka though...
  • Options
    alcohol free day yesterday, actually i lie, i had 2 coronas on the way home from work, but was in bed by 9pm.
    Another meetup would be great, i didnt meet alot of the people there!!
    Pegasus, there is only 1 sky europe flight the day after the poland show, so i know we are on the same flight.
    Next meetup i will eat before hand, that is what killed me, drinking on an empty stomach!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    alcohol free day yesterday, actually i lie, i had 2 coronas on the way home from work, but was in bed by 9pm.
    Another meetup would be great, i didnt meet alot of the people there!!
    Pegasus, there is only 1 sky europe flight the day after the poland show, so i know we are on the same flight.
    Next meetup i will eat before hand, that is what killed me, drinking on an empty stomach!
    Boo! Eating=cheating!
  • Options
    attacka wrote:
    yes fine now thanks :)
    hope you got home fine.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    He was equally fucked I think. Towards the end I could barely understand what he was saying.

i'm surprised you could understand me right at the start!!!

well we had a brilliant time folks... Like Byrnzie before me i cant actually remember much about anything after the Bunker Bar :o as in i remember snippets, but i cant remember going home or anything :)

we got up next day at 7.15am!!!!!!!!!!!!! we were both still drunk, i made myself sick, then we got to the train station where i happened upon a luxurious looking Russell Brand :eek:

being somewhat still pissed i just went up and spoke to him... and Jill fancies him but she was too hungover to actually get off her arse to see him.. so i just went up and had a nice chat... made fun of Joss Stone, i said he was taller than a giraffe on stilts and generally apologised for being still drunk and reeking of Vermouth! but he was so friendly.. i was a fan anyway, but i appreciate how he actually asked me why i was in london, where was I last night, etc etc

well i must have made an tiny impression as he was on some TV show later that night talking about the drunk scottish guy he met at the station this morning :cool:

Eventually got home, i sobered up quite quickly and Jill puked 3 times on the way home :):) makes a change as its usually me who does that!! we got home SAFELY, but weirdly and ominously enough, just outside Kendal somewhere our train took a nasty jolt and Jill said " I wonder what it would take to derail a train"

this has freaked us both out..... as obviously later that evening the news was displaying the train crash and that would have been our other train option but we felt Jills mum had had the kids 2 nights already and maybe it was best we got home earlier!!!

so thankfully home ok, but i thought it was magnificent to see everyone at the Bunker/Hospital!!!

Rita and VV were stars as usual... these girls can hold their booze :eek: although i was shocked to see VV drinking tea when i went in!!!

Mark seemed to be able to hold his booze... i think he enjoyed my kiss on the cheek though... well who wouldnt :rolleyes: and as for your missus Mark... nice one!!! ;):o

Pip was awesome as the more drunk i got then it became apparent only she and Jill could understand me... i veered into Scots lowland dialect... think Oor Wullie after a stroke :)

Keithos and Byrnzie... legends!!! Keith, many many thanks for taking us to your club.. and how weird was it when we met that guy from literally 8 miles from our home!!! uncanny!! and Byrnzie... picked up my t-shirt and book as a good fellow does and also texted me to tell me about the cereal and pesto... i love shit like that :D

Rob.. twas a pleasure at last to meet thee!! language barriers aside i think we got on pretty well :)

jrd, vedder_soup (never met a guy who smiled more than you dude.. vibrating lips?) Peg (we never really spoke!!!! again!!!!) Barbs (always a pleasure!) and so on and so forth!!! brilliant!!

in fact everyone got on well.. .... you're all great folks and it makes me look forward to June even more!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    ahhhhhhh... i think a group hug is in order... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?