Options

PJ is a bunch of hypocrites

rjbukowskirjbukowski Posts: 117
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
They are so worried about their ticket prices, even though I have been in the fanclub for more than 13 years, I will need to pay 5x the ticket price if I want to see them anywhere but the nose bleeds. I am considering now just forgetting about them completely and finding a new band that allows their fan club members tickets to ANY show they want to see. it is a sad day when you followed individuals 15 years to find out they really do not care!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I will still be a fan, but the price of an MSG ticket has doubled since the last time they were there... $83 per ticket... seriously that's absolutely ridiculous. And I didn't even get tickets for the 2nd show because the site crashed.

PJ please go with Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    pmack215pmack215 Posts: 49
    the [rices may be much more than before/in the past, but in the grand scheme of things they're still very cheap for a legendary band.
    for instance, clapton is coming to hard rock here in fort lauderdale (which is TINY) and the nose-bleeds there are $100!!! CHEAPEST seats are $100. most is $400.
    i think seeing PJ live is well worth $83.
    *Just 4 today, I am FREE*

• Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    I'll admit, I don't know too much about how tickets get priced, but I'm guessing the band has very little to do with it. The venue and promoter all get the lion's share of ticket sales. Most venues have a minimum price that tickets can be sold at. Yeah, ticket prices are going up, but I don;t think you can blame the band for that.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    $84 is still cheaper than 99% of the euro shows, and alot cheaper than the 06 australian shows!
    Hell i payed that much in 03 for australian shows!
    get to shows outside of the US and you will see why none of us non americans are complaining!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    I have traveled north for every NY/North Jersey show since 1996 but this year is the 1st year i decided to tone it down a bit just because of the $$ to follow them around my area. Some of the MSG shows have been legendary, but I have to draw the line now with how many shows I can attend because of the exponential increase in ticket prices over the last few years.

I am still very grateful for everything the band and the 10c does for us loyal fans, but I am no longer able to justify so many shows at these prices. I hope PJ recognizes this.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    $84 is still cheaper than 99% of the euro shows, and alot cheaper than the 06 australian shows!
    Hell i payed that much in 03 for australian shows!
    get to shows outside of the US and you will see why none of us non americans are complaining!

does depend on the exchange rate, of course!

i've recently paid 135 quid for two tickets to see Springsteen in London in May, and paid 55 quid plus booking fee to see him last December. Neil Young tickets were recently about 75 quid and i decided i couldn't afford it at the time.

how much were Stones or Madonna tickets, or the bloody Eagles or Police ? well over 100 quid if i'm right. so to pay 168 DOLLARS to get 2 tickets to see PJ sounds pretty good to me.

(and with an exchange rate of 1.90 to the pound... even better!)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?