Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Has anyone been to a Savanna Bananas game? Just grabbed tickets for when they're in KC & it looks like a blast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Implementing the shift is every bit as much against the spirit of the game as banning the shift.

There are very few players you could shift the same way as Gallo. Hitting an oppo bloop is 10x more doable and would pay off more than a bunt.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    I bet the Savannah Bananas are allowed to shift
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,224
    I bet the Savannah Bananas are allowed to shift
    It's what makes their games appealing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    After watching some this weekend I am sold on the clock.  
    Go back and forth on the shift.  I thought it was awful but I can understand (today, at least) the argument against legislating it out.

The clock may make regular season watchable, for me.  It became a flip fest, which I don't do for football or hockey.  Just too damn long.  20 extra minutes per game is too much for no impact.  I get it when it is high leverage playoff moments....but can't stand the stuff for regular season.
    Get the ball, throw the ball.
    Get in the box.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    Go back and forth on the shift.  I thought it was awful but I can understand (today, at least) the argument against legislating it out.

The clock may make regular season watchable, for me.  It became a flip fest, which I don't do for football or hockey.  Just too damn long.  20 extra minutes per game is too much for no impact.  I get it when it is high leverage playoff moments....but can't stand the stuff for regular season.
    Get in the box.
    agreed....I like it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,270
    Yeah. The pace feels like the old days. Maybe they could make it 20 seconds after the 7th inning and in the playoffs or something but the flow of the game is much better in my opinion. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Get in the box.
    I completely agree. We just got back from ST & it was awesome to see so little time wasted.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    He was the first pitcher that I heard say had the advantage.  Good for him.
  • Options
    He was the first pitcher that I heard say had the advantage.  Good for him.
    Yeah and he's been doing stuff like this for years too. This clock was made for him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    That's a smart competitor,  right there.
    Nice.
  • Options
    That's a smart competitor,  right there.
    Nice.
    Yup. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    crazy that either PR or DR is going out. and, yes, manny machado is a douche.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    how fucking lame is this? FS1 is leaving the ninth inning of PR/DR to go to 1st inning of USA. PR/DR now on FS2, which no one gets.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Oh my god, Diaz 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    I resign myself to think this kind of injury was bound to happen regardless, when I'm sure the inevitable backlash will start swirling around for the WBC. And damn what a disappointment that DR team was.

And, also, yes, LOLMets.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Oh that sucks for Diaz.
    I get FS2 Wobbie, but I was asleep.  
    Venezuela is the beast thus far
      Would not have thought that (thought their pitching would not hold other teams down)

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    And damn what a disappointment that DR team was.

well, look at the pool they were in. by far, the toughest one and it wasn’t even really close.

but, no manny is a good thing. I think he has become my most hated player, now that turner and bellinger have left the dodgers’ fold.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    I statement I don't think I've ever made...I'm sick for Mets fans.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,422
    The only redeeming thing about being a Phillies fan is not being a Mets fan.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Yeah, that's rough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Ah, fuck it-- LOLmets

(sorry!)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, that's rough.

Not to worry, uncle Steve is running around fla with his checkbook waving a hundred million at other teams to take on a reliever contract.

maybe this injury would have happened anyway, but we didnt get a good look at it during the game. Either way, someone should question the logic of the mlb for having intense matchups on March 15. Just not a logical time of the year to put the players under such a stress test.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, that's rough.

Not to worry, uncle Steve is running around fla with his checkbook waving a hundred million at other teams to take on a reliever contract.

maybe this injury would have happened anyway, but we didnt get a good look at it during the game. Either way, someone should question the logic of the mlb for having intense matchups on March 15. Just not a logical time of the year to put the players under such a stress test.
    And there is like zero interest in the US for it too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, that's rough.

There’s interest except for those wrapped up in Phillies spring training/eagles free agency/sixers delusion.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, that's rough.

There’s interest except for those wrapped up in Phillies spring training/eagles free agency/sixers delusion.
    I see the tv ratings are higher than in previous years so perhaps I am mistaken, wob.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah, that's rough.

I see the tv ratings are higher than in previous years so perhaps I am mistaken, wob.
    Don't feed the gramps.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    I resign myself to think this kind of injury was bound to happen regardless, when I'm sure the inevitable backlash will start swirling around for the WBC. And damn what a disappointment that DR team was.

And, also, yes, LOLMets.
    This has happened before.  I'll say like 10 years or so when the walk off became a must celebration, someone broke their leg and the team banned it.

I'd have to use the google to find it but it has happened.
  • Options

And, also, yes, LOLMets.
    This has happened before.  I'll say like 10 years or so when the walk off became a must celebration, someone broke their leg and the team banned it.

I'd have to use the google to find it but it has happened.
    Kendrys Morales, your Halos.