Options

DC Hotel

AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Where is everyone staying for the DC show?

Are you staying Saturday and Sunday or just Sunday?

Some of the places near to the venue appear sketchy.

Opinions? Anyone from DC can shed a bit of light on this?

There's a Red Roof nearby but I've heard there is very little security and the area is questionable...

Anyone??

Thanks! :)
sometimes life don't leave you alone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    I pricelined a hotel for Sunday night only. Bid Convention Center/Capitol Hill & White House zones. 4* and won for $70 (+taxes) - the Rennaissance Washington DC which is on 9th ave and looks pretty close to the venue.

I would really recommend priceline especially if you're looking for Sunday night only... all the fancy political/business hotels are going to have tons of space for Sunday night and you can probably stay at a nice place for cheaper than the red roof inn.
  • Options
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    I pricelined a hotel for Sunday night only. Bid Convention Center/Capitol Hill & White House zones. 4* and won for $70 (+taxes) - the Rennaissance Washington DC which is on 9th ave and looks pretty close to the venue.

I would really recommend priceline especially if you're looking for Sunday night only... all the fancy political/business hotels are going to have tons of space for Sunday night and you can probably stay at a nice place for cheaper than the red roof inn.

Awesome. That's what I was thinking about doing (priceline...name your own.)

Thanks so much for the info! :)
  • Options
    ... I was turned down for $60 and my next bid was $70 which was accepted. I just bid on Monday so you have a good chance of getting the same deal (or better).

Good Luck!
  • Options
    I did Convention Center/Capitol Hill 4* for $65 and got the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. It's really nice and it's .63 miles from the venue. :)

I knew it when I booked it...but here's the catch with these deals. The parking costs almost as much as the room. $41 plus tax!

Still better than 119 for a 2* with $17 parking!

I'm happy. :)
  • Options
    suppafreak wrote:
    I did Convention Center/Capitol Hill 4* for $65 and got the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. It's really nice and it's .63 miles from the venue. :)

I knew it when I booked it...but here's the catch with these deals. The parking costs almost as much as the room. $41 plus tax!

Still better than 119 for a 2* with $17 parking!

I'm happy. :)

I think I stayed at that Hyatt in 2006 for PJ. (priceline also) ... if it's the hotel I'm thinking of, you can park at Union Station for a lot less ($15-20 a day?)... it's close to the hotel, about a 5-10 minute walk. I think you can find free street parking on Sunday too but you will probably need a garage Monday unless you're leaving really early.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I'm staying at The Phoenix Park Hotel. It's supposed to have a kick ass Irish bar.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012