Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Funky easy listening. Dig it.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    These 2 new monsters are still in my rotation for sure. So much to get ‘involved’ in. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • mckaymckay Posts: 156
    nicknyr15 said:
    https://youtu.be/zhkbfiL-vxQ

Holy shit
    John goes OFF

Looks like a proshot of this show is being broadcast this weekend.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mckay said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    https://youtu.be/zhkbfiL-vxQ

Holy shit
    John goes OFF

Looks like a proshot of this show is being broadcast this weekend.

Awesome!!! Hope we’ll be able to view it 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    That Osaka set is INSANE!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I wish they would do a BSSM complete album tour....I would be there in a heart beat!
  • Tokyo show

Mikemzl91 said:
    Tokyo show

Whoa!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Awesome!!!!!! Thanks for posting 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    just watched the entire Tokyo show on a slow Monday am at the office
    CROJAM95 said:
    Busy day at my store so I only got to Eddie and it’s been phenomenal so far. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited February 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Busy day at my store so I only got to Eddie and it’s been phenomenal so far. 
    Mondays & Fridays since pandemic have been slower days

tokyo show was great, the Philly show I went to was amazing

might need another

to hear the drummer & eddie

maybe Syracuse
    There’s not a second during that show where it seems like all 4 guys aren’t having the time of their lives. Love seeing the looks they give each other. 
    You know, after having so many albums in a row that sounded like absolute dogshit, almost ruining the listening experience…. I must say. UL and Dream Canteen are 2 of the best sounding albums I’ve heard recently. If I recorded music , this is how I’d want it to sound. So warm, every instrument so clear in the mix, absolute perfection imo.  
    Not a bad YouTube recording of the Osaka show is up now. Front row centre (apart from the cameraman standing right in front of Anthony) its pretty good. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    I watched some of the Tokyo show and have perhaps an unpopular opinion? I feel like they need another guitar playing live. John, Flea, and Chad are so tight, but there is still a lot of space when they play live, in my opinion. Perhaps this is because Anthony is not the strongest live vocalist? Maybe it's just me, but I think their live sound right now could be beefed up.

Having said that, I could watch the three of them jam and improv and play off each other for hours on end.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    I watched some of the Tokyo show and have perhaps an unpopular opinion? I feel like they need another guitar playing live. John, Flea, and Chad are so tight, but there is still a lot of space when they play live, in my opinion. Perhaps this is because Anthony is not the strongest live vocalist? Maybe it's just me, but I think their live sound right now could be beefed up.

Having said that, I could watch the three of them jam and improv and play off each other for hours on end.
    I noticed watching the Osaka show there was a keyboardist to the right of Chad. Obviously playing certain parts, maybe not enough of what you are suggesting
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    nicknyr15 said:
    You know, after having so many albums in a row that sounded like absolute dogshit, almost ruining the listening experience…. I must say. UL and Dream Canteen are 2 of the best sounding albums I’ve heard recently. If I recorded music , this is how I’d want it to sound. So warm, every instrument so clear in the mix, absolute perfection imo.  
    I listened to Californication driving home yesterday from helping my sister move house. Listened to most of the album, the first 12 songs, and the sound is no where near as good as these last two albums. Even just on car speakers, you can notice a big difference. These two new ones are 🔥
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

Happy Birthday to JF, an absolute legend in every sense of the word. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    nicknyr15 said:

Yes happy bday hope to see them
    this year! And he’s a survivor I hope he can stay the course for the rest of his life!
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers-john-frusciante-once-phoned-perry-farrell-to-ask-how-do-you-get-snakes-out-of-your-eyesRed Hot Chili Peppers' John Frusciante once phoned Perry Farrell to ask, "How do you get snakes out of your eyes?"
    I can’t even imagine being that high or surviving..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    nicknyr15 said:

this year! And he’s a survivor I hope he can stay the course for the rest of his life!
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers-john-frusciante-once-phoned-perry-farrell-to-ask-how-do-you-get-snakes-out-of-your-eyesRed Hot Chili Peppers' John Frusciante once phoned Perry Farrell to ask, "How do you get snakes out of your eyes?"
    I literally just read that story! Crazy man. That’s why I stick to my weed only! No thanks to that hahah. 
    edited March 2023
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I literally just read that story! Crazy man. That’s why I stick to my weed only! No thanks to that hahah. 
    Well we wanted them to play arena shows they are doing two shows in my beloved home country Santiago Chile in November 😂😂😂 I was just there in January not sure if I’d travel down there for them! It’s easy as pie for me have place to stay with family that lives in Santiago during spring time beautiful time of year! 
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    Going to the show in Vegas tonight!
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    edited April 2023
    Enjoy Joe! We saw the Vancouver show last Wednesday and absolutely loved it! Nice to finally see them with JF. We caught the last two tours with Josh and they were great too but great to see the OG(post Hillel and Dave N.)who created so much of the music.

We hadn’t seen a big show since Aug. 10,2018 Seattle 2 PJ so didn’t want to miss anything. We really liked the backup King Princess though we didn’t know a single song going in. 
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Well we wanted them to play arena shows they are doing two shows in my beloved home country Santiago Chile in November 😂😂😂 I was just there in January not sure if I’d travel down there for them! It’s easy as pie for me have place to stay with family that lives in Santiago during spring time beautiful time of year! 
    Hey Jose please see my comments above. Book the tickets! Just finished a full play of SA and onto BSSM at home. 

Still rocking on cloud 9!🐾😎
    DJ253147 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Hey Jose please see my comments above. Book the tickets! Just finished a full play of SA and onto BSSM at home. 

Still rocking on cloud 9!🐾😎
    I’m sure it was great I’ll have to wait to pull the trigger on going down for the shows I’ll do both if I head down! 
    Man what a set last night.