Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Uneventful conclusion to the season. The race came down to strategy but kudos to LeClerc for a great drive. Congrats to Ferrari for second place in the constructors championship (ugh I hate to say that ;) ).  Danny Ric to Red Bull as a reserve/stunt driver. Looking forward to 2023.
    Kind of sad watching the "wily old fox Seb Vettel"'s last race. Leaving RBR was the worst thing possible for his career yet the best thing possible for his personality.

Maybe bad for his career, but not for his bank account.  Hard to say no when Ferrari offers you 37m a year plus free Ferraris.
    Very good point!
    Binotto out at Ferrari.  What an agonizing shit show it is to cheer for that team.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Rygar said:
    Binotto out at Ferrari.  What an agonizing shit show it is to cheer for that team.

The Yankees of F1. Too many embarrassing moments in 2022. They definitely improved in 2022. 
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I think Drive to Survive starts Feb.24th, I better finish last season lol.

What do you think about adding teams?
    I generally say adding two more teams would be o.k, but some issues would have to be addressed. 
    I think some tracks (Monaco) may be too small for more cars.
    Also I would like to see some type of luxury tax system so a more competitive field is established. If the new teams are going to always be a couple of laps down,  why bother. 

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    I am all for more competition but totally agree with you that some tracks are too small.  It is never good to see the entire field get lapped by three or four lead cars. I do not have a great solution as the deep pockets will always be able to outspend, even if there is a tax. It is the main complaint with F1. The top three teams seem to always produce a race winner.
    Drive to Survive returns today!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Some good action today.
    looks like Alonso could make things interesting this year
    I thought it was a bit boring, but yes, exciting to see Alonso fight for a podium.  Watching him pass the mercedes was surreal. 
    edited May 2023
    It is early in the season,  but maybe this is the year Perez pulls a Rosberg and beats Max for the championship 

Post edited by erebus on
    erebus said:
    It is early in the season,  but maybe this is the year Perez pulls a Rosberg and beats Max for the championship 

Not a chance!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Well this is a crazy starting grid!
    It's cliche, but damn, if the Red Bulls weren't so dominant, you'd have different teams winning races every weekend. The field is so tight.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    eddiec said:
    Well this is a crazy starting grid!
    It's cliche, but damn, if the Red Bulls weren't so dominant, you'd have different teams winning races every weekend. The field is so tight.
    I must be honest to see max not get a time made me happy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Dumb 
    Agree the red flag ending qually was silly.  Good to see Alonso on the podium. He has been impressive this season.
    Emilia Romagna cancelled due to flooding.

Nine dead in northern Italy floods, Formula One race called off

• qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    Hello fellow Formula One freaks.
    I have had a horrble life altering accident, and can no longer attend the Grand Prix in Montreal. I have 2 tickets in grandstand 24 (the hairpin) for all 3 days, and hotel accommodations for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The seats are in row 4 and are 2 seats in from the aisle. The view is amazing, I’ve had these same seats for 20 years now. The cost of the GP tickets was $890 cdn, and the cost of the hotel was $1470 cdn. I am asking $2000 for the lot if anyone is interested.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    So whenever I watch it seems Verstappen wins.  Hamilton podiums but isn't the dominant racer anymore.

Is this every week or I just happen to see Verstappen killing everyone else?
    His car is best that's what it comes down to. Hamilton is class in a shit car atm.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    It is not just the car, Max is the best driver on the grid.  His drive in Monaco qually was impressive.  Max will win most races unless they have reliability or strategy issues. Not sure Checco can really challenge Max, but there are many races left.  The most exciting part of F1 this year is Fernando Alonso.  
    Of course it's the car. Max is good of course but put most driver like Lewis or Fernando in that car they win
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

If max was in an alpine does he wins every race?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Of course the car is a big reason, but he keeps outperforming Checco who is in the same car.  I think Max would still be quicker if you put Lewis or Fernando in that car. Obviously the Alpine is a slower car and could not match the speed of the Red Bull regardless of the driver. Max is in that space where Lewis was 10 years ago and in that space where Alonso was 15 years ago (or something like that).
    Get_Right said:

Of course the car is a big reason, but he keeps outperforming Checco who is in the same car.  I think Max would still be quicker if you put Lewis or Fernando in that car. Obviously the Alpine is a slower car and could not match the speed of the Red Bull regardless of the driver. Max is in that space where Lewis was 10 years ago and in that space where Alonso was 15 years ago (or something like that).
    Do pit times natter much?  In NASCAR it's a huge deal.
    Get_Right said:

Every tenth of second matters in F1. So yes. The best pit stops are under 3 seconds in F1.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Every tenth of second matters in F1. So yes. The best pit stops are under 3 seconds in F1.
    I figured.  I put it on and watch some of it.  I like the Podium celebrations.

"Natter"?  Am I channeling my younger partying years and want natty lights, lol!?!
    Get_Right said:

So it's the car. Lewis in that car wins every race . Lewis is in a very shit car. max is good but definitely no better than Lewis . F1 has always been best car wins. Still is
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Get_Right said:

So it's the car. Lewis in that car wins every race . Lewis is in a very shit car. max is good but definitely no better than Lewis . F1 has always been best car wins. Still is

Agree to disagree. I will say that it is not just the car or the driver, it also the RB team, they seem to nail every pit stop and race strategy. Cheers!
    Hello fellow Formula One freaks.
    I have had a horrble life altering accident, and can no longer attend the Grand Prix in Montreal. I have 2 tickets in grandstand 24 (the hairpin) for all 3 days, and hotel accommodations for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The seats are in row 4 and are 2 seats in from the aisle. The view is amazing, I’ve had these same seats for 20 years now. The cost of the GP tickets was $890 cdn, and the cost of the hotel was $1470 cdn. I am asking $2000 for the lot if anyone is interested.

Very sorry about your accident.
    You must be a big fan to have the same seats for 20 years. Good luck selling them.