Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,979
    mace1229 said:
    I don't understand the purpose of buying a new TV just to smash it, even if it is a cheap one. They think they will be social media stars after this or something?
    TVs are cheap....they might have just boxed it back up and returned it figuring no one would look at it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Carr would be major upgrade and Wroggers would be even better.  I don't really like Carr and I cannot stand Wroggers.  
    Jets have good RB, good WR, all sorts of talent on OL if they can get healthy.  Have a good D and good coach for defense.
    They truly do need a qb.  I don't like how everyone flushes the high draft picks so quickly.  If they took either of the guys you indicated for 2 years I would think that was great.  Don't know they will want to trade for what GB wants and certainly don't think they will get Carr with a 2 year offer.

Agree they are an upgrade but I really liked that White kid.  He played really well.  Given another year I think he takes them places.  Keep him and they can have more money to bolden the other holes and still draft a QB for later.

Zach Wilson played his final snap for them so they will move on from him.
    I wonder where Wilson will end up....if anywhere?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305
    mace1229 said:
    I don't understand the purpose of buying a new TV just to smash it, even if it is a cheap one. They think they will be social media stars after this or something?
    TVs are cheap....they might have just boxed it back up and returned it figuring no one would look at it
    Turns out he already some kind of social media star with 8 million followers.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/13/eagles-fan-flip-out-super-bowl-loss-funny-clip-video/
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Carr would be major upgrade and Wroggers would be even better.  I don't really like Carr and I cannot stand Wroggers.  
    Jets have good RB, good WR, all sorts of talent on OL if they can get healthy.  Have a good D and good coach for defense.
    They truly do need a qb.  I don't like how everyone flushes the high draft picks so quickly.  If they took either of the guys you indicated for 2 years I would think that was great.  Don't know they will want to trade for what GB wants and certainly don't think they will get Carr with a 2 year offer.

Agree they are an upgrade but I really liked that White kid.  He played really well.  Given another year I think he takes them places.  Keep him and they can have more money to bolden the other holes and still draft a QB for later.

Zach Wilson played his final snap for them so they will move on from him.
    I wonder where Wilson will end up....if anywhere?
    He has enough talent to be a walk on back up anywhere in the league.  It's getting a second chance at starter that might be an issue.

Being that 14 spots on teams need QB's he might get a shot.  We shall see.

Tremendous talent from that kid.  Needs to be developed more and the Jets don't know how to do that.  How this White kid can play like he does is an attribute to him and not the organization.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    mace1229 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/13/eagles-fan-flip-out-super-bowl-loss-funny-clip-video/
    hopefully, there’s a place in hell for the creators of twitter, tik tok, instagram, facebook, etc.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    infrabren on TikTok is insane...he approaches people in Wal-Mart like he knows them and is creepy as hell

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

hopefully, there’s a place in hell for the creators of twitter, tik tok, instagram, facebook, etc.
    Might be somewhere near the talking heads on that Around The Horn show.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

Everything is "staged" now.  Dude Perfect is a great example, sometimes doing a trick 100 times to get it.  Is Dude Perfect still a thing?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

Everything is "staged" now.  Dude Perfect is a great example, sometimes doing a trick 100 times to get it.  Is Dude Perfect still a thing?
    This is the first I am hearing of Dude Perfect
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

This is the first I am hearing of Dude Perfect
    Give it a watch.  It's very clever.  If you have kids they'll dig it too.

It's stuff like this that I enjoyed but got bored of it.  They're making money though.

https://youtu.be/8YydogFXCPM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Yes, Dude Peefect is still going, I believe.

Around the Horn and PTI are awful.  I'd rather watch Donald Trump press conferences, which I never want to see and make me gag.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yes, Dude Peefect is still going, I believe.

Around the Horn and PTI are awful.  I'd rather watch Donald Trump press conferences, which I never want to see and make me gag.
    I actually enjoy both those shows because they highlight the sports world pretty easily wheras I get way too much other junk.  I like updates and a little banter about them.

ATH has become a stat junkie show, that is my only quip as you have these non sports people whom are very good at regurgitating stat lines and they seem smart.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    And here I thought he only popped pills?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    When he's not popping pills (rarely) he does purchase some interesting stuff. 

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    And I did not know this about him at all.  Knicks owner I knew was in a band, Kevin Bacon and his brothers opened for Phish one tour were in a band, Jack Black I knew of in a band before he acted.

Never knew this about Irsay...
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    And I did not know this about him at all.  Knicks owner I knew was in a band, Kevin Bacon and his brothers opened for Phish one tour were in a band, Jack Black I knew of in a band before he acted.

I could be wrong but I don't think he actually performs...he's kind of the MC

• Options
    Wobbie said:

I could be wrong but I don't think he actually performs...he's kind of the MC
    It said the Irsay allstars, I thought he was singing?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/SjaJvLIbERs

boy was I wrong....awful though (his singing)

• Options
    Jim Irsay has the voice of an angel. WOW!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    https://youtu.be/SjaJvLIbERs

boy was I wrong....awful though (his singing)
    https://youtu.be/c5Y25FT7DxE
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    Carr to The Saints
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    Carr to The Saints
    Well now Jets, whats your next move?
  • Options
    Carr to The Saints
    not sure where you got the Jets from.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Carr to The Saints

Ooops misunderstood what you were saying. Thought you meant Carr signed with the jets instead. Not what what is the jets next move now that cart went to the saints.

most experts think rodgers goes to jets 😕
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Carr to The Saints

Ooops misunderstood what you were saying. Thought you meant Carr signed with the jets instead. Not what what is the jets next move now that cart went to the saints.

most experts think rodgers goes to jets 😕
    I hear that here in NY but it seems like a pipe dream.  What's funny, if Rodgers does come here he would have done the same thing his predecessor did.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    I keep reading he is going back to GB if he comes back.  I think he just loves creating drama and being the center of attention. 
    He's still a good qb but he is annoying and fun to root against.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,469
    I keep reading he is going back to GB if he comes back.  I think he just loves creating drama and being the center of attention
    this
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    I keep reading he is going back to GB if he comes back.  I think he just loves creating drama and being the center of attention
    this

gotta happen sone way. his play isnt getting it. well, not positive attention. but thats the thing with attention whores, good,  bad or indifferent they dont really care.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    this

gotta happen sone way. his play isnt getting it. well, not positive attention. but thats the thing with attention whores, good,  bad or indifferent they dont really care.
    Oh cmon, you mean you wouldn't announce to the world that you were going into solitary for a few days to do blackout therapy and emerge like Punxatawny Phil to the world?

I don't see why not?/S